Its time to get smaller

Hi folks,

Had a busy few days with work so I am only getting a chance to update now. Have been good, was away with work yesterday but I was very good.

Weightloss has stalled for past few days. But that's ok, haven't been to the gym since Monday morning but I think I will go for a swim later. will see how I get on in the morning for my official weigh in..

Foodwise, I had eggs for breakfast this morning, salad for lunch and dinner is a pasta bake. last few days I have been eating popcorn at night, I know its not the worst but I am going over my calorie allowance, not by much so I should still be losing a bit but might be why I have stalled on the weightloss. So I am going to stop!

Last week I was 18 stone 7lbs... once I get below 18 stone, 3.5lbs I will be the smallest I have ever been, well the smallest in a good few years... I lost some weight with WW a few years ago, got to 18stone 3.5lbs so that's my first target, to get smaller than that. Then I get my treat... I have actually booked the treat already for the end of the month, some lovely spa treatments. My next target is to get to 16stone and then my husband and I are going for a weekend away. cant wait to hit them all!!

Well done for staying good even when away! :)

Would you perhaps enjoy maybe some pomegranate seeds/strawberries/blueberries etc instead? Something small and low calorie to replace the popcorn? How are you doing on fluids?

Good luck hun! :)

Is it the crunch you need - ie would celery or carrots hit the spot? Or would you like to throw those back at me for even suggesting them LOLOL.

Or what about low cal rice cakes?

And roll on that first target! You will blitz it no problem :)

@SunHill that's not a bad idea, maybe some fruit and low cal yogurt... Might prepare some fruit and leave it in the fridge for my evening snacking. Water isn't a problem, I drink 3-4l a day, sometimes more if I am after doing a lot in the gym...

@ladyfelsham I will throw the raw celery back at you definitely :tongue: but carrots I will take.. I cant control myself with rice cakes, I buy them for my little man as a snack for crèche, the mini ones with yogurt... I have to hide them in his crèche bag!! Once I open them I cant stop eating them!

I eat the popcorn when I am at home in the evenings sitting down watching tv with Mr. D... I had been busy for a few weeks in the evening and didn't really get a chance to watch TV.. so I wasn't eating then... going to throw myself into housework this evening so I should avoid the temptation... Mr D does a shop run in the evenings to pick up bread and milk etc so I always ask him... tonight I will be strong!!

so I am down 3lb this week... 18 stone 4lbs... didn't hit my first goal, but that's ok, I was aiming to get there by mid/late april so I am slightly ahead of myself anyway. Still delighted with the loss. Back to the gym, hadn't been since Monday so I am delighted to be back. jogged 4km on threadmill and 10 minutes on the bike. I am sore now. I was due to be meeting a trainer this week but she rescheduled for next tues.. Bringing little man swimming after work too so I hopefully will get a few lengths in

Food for today is kinda boring and predictable,

Pregym: Banana and coffee
Breakfast: Ovenight oats with chia seeds and flaxseed
Lunch: egg salad
Dinner: Quorn pasta bake.
Evening snack: none because I will be strong... Going to message mrD now and ask him not to buy me anything this evening unless its fruit.. doesn't matter how much I beg!

WEll done on the loss and the gym! Hope it goes well with the trainer next week! :)

Sorry I haven't been on much over the past few days, to be honest I am very disheartened by the whole thing. I am doing everything right and the scales aren't moving. Now ordinarily I would be the first to say relax and give it a few day but I have been working so hard these past week. I have tried mixing things up and swam a few days instead of jogging but no impact yet... The thing is that I am so close to my first target, I was 18stone 4 again this morning (have been going between 18 4 and 18 5 all week) so only half a pound off my first target but I cant seem to hit it! I had a cheat meal Friday night ( I am a firm believer in them, usually they kick a weightloss after a few days) of Pizza.

Trying a really low cal day today. hopefully that will kick start a loss. Just looking at my logged weights, I had similar issues exactly a month ago with the scales not moving so might be something to do with hormones. Hopefully it is just that coz the following week I lost 4lbs!

So on the menu today is:

Breakfast: Overnight oats with low cal strawberry yogurt, some chia and flaxseed and a coffee- 295cal
Lunch- Spinach, tomato, quorn ham, cucumber, scallions, egg, carrot and hummus salad-355 cal
Dinner- Bulgar wheat and stirfry with quorn pieces- 292
Misc- miwadi in water, banana for after the gym - 175 cal
Total 1117 cal

Ordinarily I would never do such a low cal day, I usually eat approx. 1500 cals a day, more on a day when I am not in the gym, 1700 on a gym day. Hopefully this will work for me!

Having a bit of hip pain, nothing too serious but there is a hereditary hips issue so it is something I am conscious of. Took a few days off the treadmill which seems to have helped and did some swimming instead. Did 4km on the treadmill yesterday and by the end of it I could feel the pain starting to creep in again. Its such a pity coz I love the treadmill. So I am going to cut back to twice a week on the treadmill and concentrate more on the pool, weights, rowing machine and bike. Plan on doing 30 mins on the bike and then 40 mins in the pool tonight.

So sorry to hear that your weight is staying the same after all that hard work Orla - is it too much exercise, maybe? I'm sure I read somewhere that it adds water/muscle weight? Just a thought.

I do well on the SW plan when i follow a low carb approach, so a bit of protein and steamed greens features a lot - worth a go?

So sorry to hear that your weight is staying the same after all that hard work Orla - is it too much exercise, maybe? I'm sure I read somewhere that it adds water/muscle weight? Just a thought.

I do well on the SW plan when i follow a low carb approach, so a bit of protein and steamed greens features a lot - worth a go?

Yea, that's what my sister reckons, she is one of those super fit people! she thinks its all the work I am doing in the gym.... I am not going to give up, other times I would have given up and gone back to my old eating habits. That was the old me!

I did SW a few years back, didn't find it worked great for me (portion control was a big part of it) but would certainly give it another try if I keep having STS weeks.

I usually weigh myself on a thurs, and I did have a 3lb loss last thurs But that had gone off the scales a few days earlier, (I keep an eye on my weight every morning)

Ah Im sure it will sort itself out over next few days!

Like suzie says, if you're not changing it could be the exercise, not least because of the hip issue - perhaps inflammation and swelling inside and inflamation around sore muscles that aren't used to moving suddenly going crazy? :)

Like you I stayed the same this week - but I'm only week 2. I'm guessing it's a similar situation as I am in a lot of pain with my back and also I've gone from no water to ALL the water so until my body gets used to it I'm hoping it's just that.

Are you taking measurements?

No I wish I took measurements, I really do.. But I am definitely toning, clothes are falling off me.. Im hoping that I will suddenly just drop a few pounds, its so frustrating when I am so close to my first mini target!

Hips is a hereditary thing that affects all the women in my family, unfortunately hip replacement surgery will probably be on the cards before I am 40 :(

Not going to panic until my official weigh in Thursday morning, I might have lost something by then. Yea I wonder if I am retaining a lot of water too.. I am drinking 3-4L but I am not using the loo a huge amount, definitely not as much as I thought I would be.. maybe I am retaining it..

Heres to a big weightloss for both of us next week!

Its never too late to take measurements - have you kept some clothing from your largest size?

Yes I agree, take your measurements now anyway.

And I wonder if it would be helpful only to do a WI once a week, rather than checking regularly? The weight can jump around like no one's business, so I've gone from a 'weigh in every morning' kind of gal to just my SW weigh in.

Apologies Orla, I have only found your diary now. Caught up with everything and you are doing amazingly well, a real inspiration. I'm so jealous that you have a beach near you, I love walking on a beach I was laughing at your snow entry...we had snow refugees too and were eating and drinking like it was Christmas.

Hi folks, I really appreciate the support over the past few days, I really do xx

Scales finally moved this morning. Down 2lbs, not official weigh in till thurs but I am delighted, I have passed my first target :) :) :)
Think because I was so close to the target that I was so frustrated with the scales.. Got a bit obsessed with it! But it has finally moved... Thanks everyone! Really mean it... breathed a big sigh of relief this morning, but not updating my app or threads here until thurs. I think it has something to do with my cycle.. STS exactly 4 weeks ago too.. googled and can happen at this point... need to factor that in going forward...

Was very disciplined yesterday.. stuck to my plan, just added a 15g of cheese for after the gym.. needed some protein. Did 45 minutes in the pool last night, gym again this morning, 15 minutes on the treadmill (walking only) and 30 minutes on the bike... Then I went up on my lunch break to meet personal trainer.. she was brilliant... is doing up a plan for me which is focused on weights and resistance. The plan is to do her plan twice a week and cardio 3 times a week... we usually do a swim on the other 2 days with the little man so I will be doing something I guess.

Food wise, meals are identical to yesterday but I am going to get a massive bag of popcorn for tonight... I absolutely love popcorn.. finishing work around 4:30 and don't have anything to do this evening so going to relax :)

Thanks again, I really appreciate all the support...Glad I didn't throw in the towel x

Apologies Orla, I have only found your diary now. Caught up with everything and you are doing amazingly well, a real inspiration. I'm so jealous that you have a beach near you, I love walking on a beach I was laughing at your snow entry...we had snow refugees too and were eating and drinking like it was Christmas.

aw thanks Tipp.. I am trying very hard, still a lot more to go.

Beach is such a bonus... I absolutely love it, its roughly a 25 minute drive from us to the nearest beach. we try to get out every weekend, hail rain or shine.. great for the mind too :)

Thankfully snowmageddon is so rare here...... and its so boring there is nothing to do except eat!!! If we had that every month I would be even bigger!! don't think my waist line could cope.

Yes I agree, take your measurements now anyway.

And I wonder if it would be helpful only to do a WI once a week, rather than checking regularly? The weight can jump around like no one's business, so I've gone from a 'weigh in every morning' kind of gal to just my SW weigh in.

Yea I think you might be right suzie.. I was bordering on obsessive this week.. I do like to keep an eye on it and used to allow for the odd pound up.. this week really got to me... might have to change things going forward. Going to measure up tonight!

Back