I've done it before - time to do it again! My weight loss diary

Hello lovely, food sounds great, good to see you so determined, you know you can do it sweetie, just live your life for you and Chris, and tell everybody else (silently if you have to keep the peace :giggle:) to sod off, this is your time, pees me off that MIL's as a general rule don't realise that when they start to meddle, they've had their time, now it's yours so grab it with both hands xxx:hug99:xxx

The over involved mother-in-law situation is a nightmare. She sounds like she has a lot issues and self esteem problems. I too know the experience of a family shattering for no apparent reason. Those reasons are valid for having trouble staying focused on weight loss which is hard enough on its own let alone all the added distractions. Those are not excuses just plain facts. The situation with your mother is awful. You have a lot of things on your plate to deal with maybe you can exercise as your escape from everything going on, one place you can go that you control and never changes unless you change it. Just a though and good luck.

Not a brilliant start to the day on a personal and food level. Chris woke up with a very swollen cheek and in agony, so I had to rush him to the dr (having to skip breakfast for me and the dog), who then sent him to the dentist, who's now given him a very strong course of antibiotics. But it just meant a lot of driving, from home to the drs, then to pets at home and back to the drs, then to the dentist, then to mum's to drop off Bruce and let her know what was happening, then to morrisons to do a bit of shopping for mum, then back to mum's and now back home :eek:

Food wise this is what I've had so far (I made the mistake of going into co - op while I was hungry)
Mango, melon and pineapple fingers followed by 2 malteser bunnies
Tuna mayonaisse and sweetcorn sandwich with a bottle of innocent apple juice and 2 of the chocolate special k biscuit moments

Not sure what I'm going to have for dinner tonight, but am going to try and claw it back if possible (it just depends on what's in the cupboards).

Hi em nice to see you back :) hope things are a bit calmer for you tomorrow. You can do this :)

Thanks Jayde. All being well Chris should (fingers crossed) be back at work tomorrow so normal service should resume :)

I'm going to do a bit of a food plan for tomorrow

Breakfast - dragon fruit, grapes followed by a yoghurt
Lunch - scrambled egg and mushrooms on toast
Snack - bag of mini pretzels, stawberries and banana
Dinner - I really fancy salmon, mini roasties and salad (not sure how long that will last for, but for the moment that's my plan for dinner)
Snack - another yoghurt and chocolate special k biscuit moments
Goal for tomorrow - 2 litres of water

Mmmm food looks yummy :)

popping by to say hi. you're doing great so far.

aw your pup is gorgeous! I have a 2 yr old black lab who is very well behaved unless there is a rabbit around....then she wont listen to anyone lol!

Keep it up hun x

Chocolate cake and squirty cream, that's how my night ended. Stupid comfort eating! I got really upset as some woman actually had the nerve to patronise me and be really horrible about me because I'd asked a question on a labrador forum, and I just did the first thing I thought of - which was comfort eat. Not feeling particularly impressed with myself, so think I really need to get back onto slimming world fully so that I have the routine and planned food done. So it's just a case now of persuading Chris to take me food shopping ;)

I have to say I did manage to hit my goal yesterday of drinking 2 litres of water which I was really pleased with, so I'm going to go for the same today :)

Food today -
Breakfast - toast
Snack - strawberries
Lunch - apple, banana and 2 yoghurts
Dinner - tuna pasta bake
Snack - snack crackers

Hey Em! Don't beat yourself up. A bit of chocolate cake and squirty cream isn't going to make all of that much difference! And as for the silly woman making you feel patronised, just stick your middle finger up to her and don't let it get to you. How are you meant to know these things without asking? Nobody is a flaming expert!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend hun xx

She actually said Bruce was a "poor puppy" and a "poor little thing" because I'd bathed him a few weeks ago and used too strong a shampoo on him, resulting in dandruff and then tried to rectify it by bathing him again with a shampoo designed for dry itchy skin. Ick, she was a bit of a stupid woman.

Trying to find some motivation today so am online looking at possible honeymoon options. I'm so tempted to take us back to turkey, but go to a different resort and treat ourselves to all inclusive too (as any spending money then could be spent on shopping or day trips). But then Chris suggested we go on a cruise (though I'm not too sure that he'd like it), and there is an option through Thomson for going on a cruise in turkey, just that we'd have to share the cruise with other people and we like relaxing and keeping to ourselves.

Back