I've done it..From 27st to 12st in 13 months

I know what you mean about the bars. Last week I bought 3 different ones to try and this week I've limited myself to 1 because in a weak moment I don't want to eat more than I should! Twice in the past I've tried SlimFast, never lasted more than a couple of days and it has partly been down to scoffing all the bars :eek:

Just wanted to stop by again and say "Well done!" You're such an inspiration!

I've been messing around for the last few weeks and really need to get back on it properly. I know exactly what you mean about the bars, I introduced them at week 5 and things just went to pot from there! They led me to wanting to eat everything in sight! And until then I was going great guns!

Stay away from the bars! lol! xx

Morning all,

Well I have 12 weeks under my belt and I’ve lost another 5lbs this week bringing my overall loss to 5st 7lbs. When I started this diet I had a target in mind of 6st in 100 days, very ambitious I know but probably doable now. I have also started exercising and I am doing Zumba - the 20 minute express DVD for now but it is a start and I love it. It doesn’t feel like exercise at all just 20 minutes of dancing. I think my period is due as my boobs are killing me and I’m retaining water. I’ve done my 12 week measurements, which are below, and I will be doing my ‘fat’ picture later lol.

Bust - 9 inches
Waist - 8 inches
Belly - 13 inches - OH MY DAYS!!
Hips – 6 inches
Arm – 2 inches
Thigh – 5 inches
Calf – 2 inches

I haven’t been around much this week posting as it was my Dad’s one year anniversary on Monday so this week has been a bit sad for me. I’ll copy a post I made a week ago on a thread called ‘Who are you missing’ – it kind of says it all really.

I miss my Dad - it is a year on Monday since he died :cry:and I can honestly say I have thought about him every single day. I didn't handle his death very well - I just missed him and my heart still aches terribly. I can almost hear him saying 'stop being so bloomin silly, and get a grip'.

He was an old school, tough as nails Lancashire man who didn't say a great deal, show his feelings very well but had a heart of gold and made my laugh hysterically without even realising it.

He never, ever said anything to me about my weight but a few weeks before he died I overheard him make a comment about the weight I was putting on and I think he was worried :(. I successfully restarted CD a week before he died and lost 16lbs but CD went out of the window as I just ate away my grief and sadness.

I'm losing weight in his memory and I'm certain he would be so proud of me :D.

Miss you Pops.

I’ll be back later to catch up on how everyone is doing.

Another 4lbs off for me this week making it a 81lb loss and taking me under the 300lb mark, well 297lb to be exact :p. It would be very nice to get into the 20's next week, and I've achieved all my new mini goals so it is time for some more.

I'm trundling along nicely and thank god my period started last night. I seem to be getting them regular now but I do hope that I don't have 2 weeks of sore boobs and horrendous water retention before each one every month :(.

I haven't done much exercise this week as I've been doing my house up for the last six months and it is just about finished but there is stuff everywhere - it does look great though. I've actually missed my Zumba as I was really enjoying it.

Well done! you're losses are amazing!

:wow: What an amazing achievement!! Well done!!! :D

Sorry to hear about your dad :hug99: It was my dads anniversary the end of last month, So I know exactly how you feel :( Xxx

Looks like you and me are going to be in a race together :D Similar amounts to lose and you've overtaken me on weigh in weight. :D

Well done, I'd love to see some before and current pics if you have any.

truely inspirational! :) you're doing amazing, i'm on day one and starting to feel hungry. seeing how amazing you're doing really is motivational for me!

wow you guys have done so well sticking to the diet for so long and shedding those pounds and inches, i lost 3 stones but at a stand still now as was my sister in laws wedding on weekend so for 2 wks now fallen off band wagon, trying to get back into the right mind frame to restart and get rid of the last 3 stones!!!! think il plan to start on monday but low carb on weekend to lessen the headaches in week 1

good luck to you guys xxx

Thank you all for your lovely comments I honestly can't believe how far I've come myself sometimes. Tulip - I do have before and after pictures (the difference is :eek:) Hopefully I'll get brave in the next couple of weeks and post them.

You have done so amazingly hun, You should show your photos and be proud Xxx

ooh, yes please Awaken Me :D ! I love seeing pics, it's such a motivational tool.

Well another 7lbs lost this week yay..

So my aim when I started this diet was to make it to 100 days and lose 6st. Well today is day 100 and I’ve only gone and done it losing 6st 4lbs in total. I’m very happy indeed and my aim now is to lose a stone a month – anything else will be a bonus. So I got to thinking (I spend a lot of time doing that now I’m not eating) about how much of a difference 100 days has made in my life. In reality I know 100 days is nothing all but they have made such a difference to me.

So 100 days ago..
· I was a size 34.
· I was a size eight shoe.
· I couldn’t paint my toenails (sad but true).
· I couldn’t walk upstairs without getting out of breath.
· I struggled to fit in my chair at work (I’d already broken one).
· I couldn’t find clothes to fit me in shops (even Evans for God’s sake) and I wore awful clothes from the internet that I had to wear because they fitted me and not because I liked them. They made me look 10 years older that my 35 years and my 65 year old Mum wouldn’t be seen dead in them.
· I lived in the ugliest size 34 blue coat.

And now 100 days on..
· I am a size 24.
· I am a size seven shoe.
· I paint my toenails every week.
· Not only do I walk up the stairs with ease on the odd occasion I swear I actually jog.
· I fit into my chair with ease and there is room…yay!!
· Stuff Evans I can shop in Next…yes I can shop in Next. I can wear nicer clothes even though I don’t really buy many new clothes at the moment as they are too big in a matter of weeks.
· My Daughter and Me can fit into that blue coat.

Anyway I normally do my measurements every four weeks but I’ve also done them today and so far I have lost:

Bust - 10 inches
Waist - 10 inches
Belly - 15 inches
Hips – 8 inches
Arm – 2 inches
Thigh – 5 inches
Calf – 2 inches

And for all those who asked I’ve posted a couple of pictures in my album. I don’t have lots of before pictures and this one makes me feel :cry:and the other was taken last night and well is :eek: . I know the diet has been working because I’m lighter and I’m wearing smaller clothes but when I look in the mirror I don’t always see it. The old head is taking it’s time to catch up to the shrinking body but when I see these pictures that is when I see the real difference.

My life has changed in so many ways. I get lots of lovely compliments and although I am rubbish at accepting them and get hugely embarrassed inside I do a little jig lol. For those strugglers and restarters, those with one stone to lose or twenty stone to lose it really can be done – it’s hard work but so worth it. Blimey if I feel like this now I’ll be floating on air by the time I get to goal.

Have a fab day everyone – I will xx

oh, my flippin' god!!!! You utter, utter star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I just sat here open mouthed at your album - you already look like a different person and you are really good looking missus!!!!

I am gobsmacked at your progress and what you have achieved.

Revel in ever second of it Sharon because what you have done so far is just amazing.

Looks like you are going to beat me hands down to 20 stone :p

Blimmin eck, Sharon, that's awesome!!!!

you really are a amazing woman for taking back your life your the incredible shrinking woman well done x

wow sharron what an amazing achievement, you go girl!!!!

i got to ask with such amazing loses, are you having 4 pack or 3? and how much water you having, not trying to pick holes i just wanna do what you are doing!!! LOL

I first did this diet 3yrs ago to lose weight for my wedding, i lost 3 1/2st in 3 months and i felt great had to stop cos i had been fitted for my dress and didn't want the dress to be to big on my big day, lol! anyhoo the plan was to go back on the diet after our honeymoon but i found out i was pregnant, unfourtunatley at my 12 week scan i found that i was miscarrying :( i took it very badly, tried to get back on the diet but failed miserably and that topped with a bulling manager saw me off work for 9months with depression.

And now i am finally back on the diet and manager was sacked for diddling figures while i was off !!!

I've got a fair bit to lose and i hope that i get the same losses as you :)

wowowowowowowwowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowwoowowowowowow!

that is all, speachless!!

thanks for making my day :) i'm inspired!

Back