Jade Goody's revolutionary fitness regime

From what I can gather they removed the story after Jade's PR made a statement that the lipo came after the weight loss, but they've re-released it today so maybe there has been further confirmation...who knows?

either way, Kate, people would respect her (?) more if SHE owned up to having had it, whether b4 or after the weight loss !

people would respect her

Ah ha ha ha ha haaah! *dies laughing*

But seriously, you are absolutely right. Even if the lipo did come afterwards, that still speaks volumes about how she feels about the exercise regime. It just wasn't going to finish the job for her, regardless of the fact that she made various statements to the media about the sense of pride she felt because she'd achieved her new body shape HERSELF.

This is why I hate celebrity exercise DVDs. Well, it's one reason.

I have no problem with people having cosmetic procedures carried out - hell, if I had the cash I'd have a plastic surgery wish-list as long as your arm!!

What I hate is smug celebrities suggesting that we - the flabby plebs of he world - could look as good as them if we only got off our lazy backsides and were as conscientous as them. PAHHHHH!!!

Ditto, Debbie. Also, the majority of them know about as much about exercise prescription as any other member of the public - which is usually less than they think!

celeb fitness dvds

:mad: A complete and utter con - IF we all had the celeb bank balance & spare time PLEASE don't tell me that a massive amount of us wouldn't be able to have a celeb type figure etc etc :mad: .

I'd love surgey - suck, tucked, folded and bloody lifted :D :D !

I find them patronising and condesending - and a complete cash cow for their bank balance's. Your not telling me they have any outlay for making a fitness DVD :mad: ....

Then to give it large about how fit you are & how hard you've worked to get the figure you've always wanted - even worse...

Having said that - surgery can't help even some people... Looking at the tens of thousands of pounds her mother has spent on an extreme makeover she looks like a dog!!!!

Oh feel lots better now xxxxxxx

ROFL at ClUCKS !!!

Did anyone see the scary see through swimsuit that Jackie Goody wore on celeb big brother. :eek:

x

Bettyboo

Michelle McManus has a fitness DVD out. She must have run out of Pop Idol money too.

I dislike Sleb fitness video's/DVD's and I am utterly amazed that they keep selling time and time again. I can't believe how gullible the GBP are. There are few celebs I'd buy a fitness DVD from. They are not qualified and they are clearly making money for themselves. What I find extremely funny is that none of them are doing their routines alone, they have always have a qualified fitness professional next to them doing the routine. Pathetic. It's little wonder this country is sleb obsessed.

Worst of all, it's all a rotten stinking LIE.
Magazines are full of enhanced airbrushed images.

Ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........................

If one wants proper exercise advice, speak with an exercise professional and don't listen to a bunch of people who just want to take your money off you.

In fairness to Michelle she has been following a diet and I read her book and she genuinely has lost lots and lots of weight. Where as the either little talentless tart ......just took the easy road and then has the audacity to flog a fitness dvd on the back of it.

x

Bettyboo

if i had the loot and the time i'd get a personal fitness instructor and a chef to plan all my meals...and scoff em down knowing that they are planned ahead for me

i was annoyed abit by the fact that it was surgery that got most of it particularly as she was outspoken about geting a few nips and tucks then flogged her wares on the premise that its all her own graft

however, as with most nips and tucks maintence is important and i can safe she isnt looking as sleek as she did when she went into the house...so i would imagine she was wearing a body firmer...or granny pants girdle.

nah harm - i thought most of her appeal was having a bitta meat on the aul bones...and being 'real'

oh well

Ivy

I'd not buy any of them.

Michelle McManus is as culpable as the rest of them - in fact more so as she's selling herself as the 'fattie made good' so even more people will buy her video because she's someone "ordinary folk can relate to". She's an advertising executives dream. I'd respect her more if she lost the weight and got on with life instead of brazenly trying to ressurect her non-existant career and get in the media spotlight.

Exercise is important, I won't deny that, I know for myself. However none of the celebrities lost their weight soley by exercise, let alone their own exercise video. That's the point I'm making.

The idea of a sleb jigging around and grinning is so contrived. I would not waste £20 (which is a helluva lot of money) of my dosh on them, no siree. I'd rather use my hard earned cash to buy an exercise video by Gunnar Peterson, Barbara Currie or preferably an unknown who actually does fitness for a living.

I really dislike some of the aspects 'celebrity' - as you can tell ;) and thus do not prescribe to them and their world. I recognise a money making exercise (no pun intended) when I see one. I for one will not be taken in by that.

I'd not buy any of them.

Michelle McManus is as culpable as the rest of them - in fact more so as she's selling herself as the 'fattie made good' :eek: so even more people will buy her video because she's someone "ordinary folk can relate to".

Thats a tad harsh !!! :cool:

I hope to be a fattie made good some day :rolleyes: and if i can inspire anyone else or become a diet councellor I will........she can sing and was already well known apart from being heavy.

I can understand why you don't like the whole celeb thing.........but I think Michelle has a talent.

x

Betty boo

I'd not buy any of them.

Michelle McManus is as culpable as the rest of them - in fact more so as she's selling herself as the 'fattie made good' :eek: so even more people will buy her video because she's someone "ordinary folk can relate to".

Thats a tad harsh !!! :cool:

(1)I hope to be a fattie made good some day :rolleyes: and if i can inspire anyone else or become a diet councellor I will........(2)she can sing and was already well known apart from being heavy.

I can understand why you don't like the whole celeb thing.........but I think Michelle has a talent.

x

Betty boo

Mawnin' :)

(1) - we all do. I am super cynical about the PR and advertising exectives selling the DVD.

(2) - alas, I think part of her infamy is squarely because she was seen as a whipping boy in the media, i.e. because she was fat. I think the reason she won Pop Idol was because Simon Cowell was 'experimenting' - because she was fat ... but thats a whole other debate. :). I also don't deny she was talented, I don't recall intimating the contrary :confused: However if she were slim to begin with 1) she wouldn't have won Pop Idol (again, another debate) 2) even if she had won, she'd be a relative unknown now.

As I said before, if she'd have lost weight, soley for herself and not to gain publicity for her career and make money, I'd respect her. My estimation of her grew when I found out she'd lost weight, however it has gone down since the video came out. There is nothing that seperate her from any of the other celebrities who have brought out fitness DVD's after losing weight except MMcM hasn't got to goal yet, in fact if I recall from what I've read she has 4 stones left to lose, although I believe she's been saying this for a very long time :rolleyes: . I have exponentially more respect for Miniminers; those at goal; those on their journey; those raising awarenes; those struggling.

Just my opinion of course, however harsh :).

The sad thing is that, in general, people don't want to watch someone they don't recognise, however amazing, on a fitness DVD. Why, we can go to the gym and see that for £3.50! :mad:

No, we'd rather see Michelle McManus (even though what they're really watching is Dax Moy getting great results) or Jade Goody (Troy Dureh) or Davina McCall (Jackie and Mark Wren).

I don't get it. See, to me, the people with their names in brackets actually are celebrities. Why do we need the Z-list celeb? Can't I just watch a couple of hours of Troy Dureh instead (oh yes please)?

My ideal fitness video would be step with Rebecca Small, dance with Pierre Pozzuto and aerobics with Greg Sellar, with a section on nutrition from Joanna McMillan-Price.

Back