Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazykay said:
That works for me too. Lots of hot drinks seem to soothe my throat & the more you drink, the more it will help flush you out :)
Hot diluted blackcurrant, paracetamol, a hot bath & early night will do the trick.
Hopefully this will pass really quickly & you will be right as rain & back to your normal cheery self tomorrow xx

We have hot orange and honey. Hope you feel better soon. Sending lots of hugs your way xx

Good luck at the doctors hun! xx

Jaly said:
Hopefully, urgh! I feel dead this morning! As for drinking lots of fluids, I'm constantly thirsty, I drank over 10litres yesterday -.-"

Doctor's appt this morning ^^

I hope they get to the bottom of it Libby, keep us posted & let us know how you get on xx

Jaly said:
Hopefully, urgh! I feel dead this morning! As for drinking lots of fluids, I'm constantly thirsty, I drank over 10litres yesterday -.-"

Doctor's appt this morning ^^

Good luck with the drs. Hope they find out what is wrong xxx

Good luck at the doctors Hun xx

10 litres is rather alot! No wonder you were going to the loo often!

Good luck at the doctors. I am sure it will all be fine.

Thank you ladies..

Well, the good news first - the cold/sore throat is nothing more than a mild infection and he's prescribed me a course of antibiotics to clear that up.

On a not so cheer note, according to my GP I have a mild form of clinical depression :( I have to be reviewed by a psychiatrist to ensure there's no psychological trigger but he thinks it's just down to hormonal imbalance and will start me on some medicine as soon as i've had a blood test etc.. I just feel so down and can randomly start crying and have absolutely no reason for it/way of explaining it, it's horrible! :( I'd like to think I'm usually quite a bubbly person but I feel like a shadow of my normal self, and there's no way of cheering myself up as my hormones just don't allow happiness at the moment! :/

Job interview was 'OK' I guess - pretty certain I didn't get the job due to my lack of enthusiasm - how rough I feel but I explained the situation to my school tutor in addition to my 'panic attacks' etc (ongoing problem) and she was very sympathetic which was nice.

Aww sweetpea, sorry about the not so good news about the depression, It's a tough thing to deal with everyday. Having someone to talk to will help, and also if they can prescribe you some meds too make you feel "normal" then it's not a bad thing hun :)

xxx

Awww Libby I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you have seen your Doctor though and are getting some help and advice. Does that explain the excessive thirst then - I've not heard of that as an explanation.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts hun. :bighug:

Jaly said:
Exercise Plan for the next couple of days (more likely to stick to it if I post it here lol :p)

Tues: Karate
Wed: Cardio gym sess
Thurs: Swim after job interview (quite nervous!)

Lots of exercise there! How did the interview go!? I hate interviews! I don't get nervous until they ask me my first question then I feel my heart beat faster. Swimming may help afterwards though. Calm you down!

Oh no Hun! I hope your feeling better!

I can sympathise with you on panic attacks as I used to get them and they are horrible. I think I almost learnt to control them. If I began to get one I realised if I held my breath and stopped breathing for a few seconds, then slowly breathe out if kind of got my breathing on track. But that took a lot of trying. Luckily I haven't had one in years. I think I have controlled a lot of feelings I have felt over the years. Such as anxiety.....I used to get anxiety at night time and couldn't sleep. Exercise sorted that for me as I got so worn out I had no option than sleeping.

Anyway it isn't a nice feeling and neither is depression if that is what you are dealing with. Just remember you can talk to any of us any time you want and we will help. Or you can inbox me if you want to talk away from your diary. You don't have to feel alone. Xx

Mega cyber hugs sent your way Libby (((()))) Sometimes you want to talk & other times you don't. Whenever you feel you want to talk you know we are here for you.
Things will start to seem positive soon enough. It can take time, but you'll get there xx

Time for some well deserved Libby time.
Doesn't have to cost a mint just go to super drug n pick up sum bubble bath, face n hair mask, nice new nail polish...
N know we're here if it'll help for to get stuff off ur chest xxx

Big hugs Hun. We are all here for you xx

Thank you all ladies, it means a lot, it's such an odd feeling :( xx Haven't felt in a mood to exercise at all tbh :/ Planning on going to a zumba class tonight though, will see how I feel later :) The panic attacks are so scary, I lose sensation in my hands/feet, feel really cold when my body's warm and my chest feels tight/i find it hard to breathe and they're unprovoked too :/

49 weeklies Sammi :)

Food update for yesterday: 41/90 weeklies

B: Apple, Natural Yog (wasn't fat-free but counting it as free anyway), Frozen berries, Cheerios
L: Ham sandwich on w/m bread with margarine (1)
A: Raspberry fruit bake (3), Pear
D: Oxtail soup, half a wholemeal baguette, 1 slice w/m bread, mixed vgetables, olive spread (olive allowance)
P: Solero ice lolly (2), Ice cream (1), Maltesers (2) 1/2 packet caramel snack a jacks (2)

Last edited:
Glad the doctor doesn't think the throat/ feeling run down is anything to worry about but sorry to hear he thinks you are suffering with depression. Big admiration for being able to talk to the doctor about how you have been feeling and also share it with us here, hopefully by being honest and admitting that you are struggling with how you are feeling and you are reacting the things you can get the right help which with get you back on track. Its incredibly common to suffer with depression, especially when a teenager (I suspect hormones being all over the place may be a big factor), but something alot of people kind very difficult to admit to themselves or others which can delay getting better. You've been very strong to get where you are so just try and keep faith that that strength will pull you out the other side of this too.

Hope you enjoy Zumba tonight if you decide to go. I intend on a good boogie tonight to get the endorphins flowing for the weekend too :) Although my boogie-ing at a rock club may look a little different...

Aye, if it is hormonal it's better than it all gets sorted out than I live in denial and it just gets worse and worse. There has to be some reason for me feeling like breaking into tears for nothing :p

My Mum's gone to London for the wekend so I'm staying at my Grandad's this evening and my aunt's tomorrow night :) Looking forward to spending some time with them! She's promised me toad in the hole for dinner on Sat, yum! :p

Just trying to make the most of everything and brave a smile even though I feel so low, I know the way I feel has a big impact on everyone around me so it's not fair of me to be really down - not fair on myself tbh, sometimes I can't help it but if I keep myself busy with the amazing support of my family and you lovely ladies i'm sure i'll get over it in no time! Luckily, I escaped from the essay I was supposed to have written this afternoon, my philosophy teacher's still ill, yey!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back