JanD's dietchef diary

Children now in bed! and it is all quiet - thought I would add a bit of colour to my font by way of a celebration! Not quite the same as wine tho'!!!! I am really pleased with myself and so told a few work colleagues today only to be told 10lbs in 1 week is too much and very unhealthy!!! ??????????
I actually feel really healthy, I have more energy and I have lost that TAT feeling that I have had for a while now. I am certainly eating the most healthiest I have in a while and really enjoying the food. I do miss the fri/sat night binge of a bottle of wine (I tend to have all my units in one hit!) and of course the chocolate!!
I had mutton tonight and kale, chicken soup and 2 apples for lunch, ginger oat thingys and granola and vanilla 0% fat yoghurt, all yummy and I soooooooo look forward to my meals now and choosing what I going to have!! Oh yes and a banana! (No grapes!)
Thank you all for your help and support this first week - I am sure that it has really helped me stay in that Zone.
My ma can't understand the need to talk to people about dieting but I am sure research shows that it helps!!!!!
I will be happy with 2-3 lbs next week and that will be my aim each week!

Oh why do some people always have to try to spoil things!!!?? Jealous probably!! ;)
I think you've done a great job. I'm not sure I will be able to do the NO alcohol thing but I can certainly be a hell of a lot better than I've been this week! Onwards and downwards!!!!!

I learnt a long time ago never to discuss dieting with work colleagues. I'm sure they will come round though :D

Yep chatting does help - imho, it helps to have support. Think that goes for a lot of things other than dieting.

Which vanilla 0% fat yoghurt do you use? Any idea how much sugar it has? I'm trying to find something not too high in sugar other than natural yoghurt, blah!

hi everyone
Laura well done on your weight loss thats fab xx
i have fell off wagon and think i may be heading for weight gain i have been really good at uni all day, then got home put kids in bed and ended up having choc spread on toast so thats twice in 2 days!!! i am due on and i normally want to eat loads before and when actually on cant eat oh well just pray it comes soon lol im also tired out with my 11 mth old frankie being ill and being up practically 3 nights (being a single parent so just me) - been nodding off in lectures most of day!!
im gonna not buy any choc spread i get my shopping delivered by tesco online its easier for me so its not like i even go and buy all the bad stuff i get it for my eldest son alfie and he rarely eats it so it sits in the cupboard calling me!! anyway ill stop rambling on, hope your all well xx
jand lets just start again 2moz and get over the minor blips xx

Oh poor you! I am hopeless around food when I am tired which is why when I did permanent nights I ate day and night(in particular all night!)but even when the children are ill and I am feeling stressed I have a tendancy to reach for the biscuits/chocolate/buttered toast!
How do you manage uni, studying, looking after children and yourself? and trying to diet?? It must be very demanding!

Yay! I'm for that!! It's hard enough staying in control, but when you're really tired it's almost impossible so don't beat yourself up. Anyway - in the grand scheme of things what you've had isn't that bad!!!

Tomorrow is another day. I hope you get to have a good sleep and wake up to start anew!!!

BTW I sent you a friend request, hope that's okay.

Jan I dont really understand the friend thing (well of course I do in real life!!!) in this cyber world I am living in! What does it mean and how do you do it! I know you will say head to the tutorial but I am the kind of gal who never reads the instructions!!

hey jand i recieved that - thanks i accepted does ot say that at your end??
hey laura, all i can say to demanding is yes it is sometimes i just feel like im on autopilot!! but my children are my world and i want a good life for them and with there only being me i have to get a good job so hence the degree, i always had a varied working life i got the travel bug bad and having kids was the one thing that has rooted me even though i want emmigrate lol i lived in italy between the ages of 10 - 15 and it just opened my eyes i think to a whole new world when we moved back to uk i spent like 6 mths here till i was 16 then just went off to denmark and was a au pair there for 2 yrs!! when came back joined the army - by this point my parents had turned grey with nerves lol i always just used to up and go when i come out the army i had friends in the north east and i went up there for the weekend and a mth later i moved to live there, obviously since having kids cant just do that had various part time jobs but dont want to spend forever drifting with career so im a mature student at manchester met. xx

Hi Laura, You must understand it to some extent because you've accepted me as a friend ..... I was making sure my request to kelfie was okay as there's been no response. If you want to ask someone to be your friend you need to go to your profile and add their name to your list of contacts, then they will be sent a friend request - but I think you may need to have 50 posts before you can do it - I may be wrong but I think that's the case.

The rep thing is another nice thing too, I think. If you click on the scales - which look a bit like a white tree at the bottom left of someones details on every post - you can comment on the post, the person, or whatever and add to their reputation.

Not being funny but when you have a few spare minutes the tutorials really ARE good :);):);)

Hey kelfie!

No my end is still showing friendship requested :(

I can take a hint ...... ;)

Yay!!! Hello new friend!! Yes that's showing now ...... x

Thanks for that and yes I will read when I can! I am just hopeless at ploughing thro' stuff when they may be a very simple answer! Also accepted the friend thing but there was no explanation about what it mean't - perhaps I am just a bit dense!!

Just noticed that I am at 41 posts and since you were right about avatar thingy I am hedging my bets with no tutorial and 50 posts!! Life is so much fun when you take risks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey is anyone thinking of ordeing the shakes for their lunches?? i only like the parsnip and the pea one!! i was thinking of changing it around then having granola for breakfast, then the meal for lunch and shake or soup for tea what do you think as the old saying goes eat like a king for breakfast, queen for dinner and a pauper for tea also its better if you cut out alot of carbs in afternoon??????? any opinions xx

Will look at yog pots tomorrow have a few different types didn't look at sugar only 0% fat bit!! I think I have yeo valley van and straw, mullerlite and a greek one!

I like real food and when I tried slim fast I was always hungry! Fortunately I like all the soups!
I think you are right about not eating in the evening. I always eat so late as once children are in bed sit down and relax with my meal!Probably not the best time!

Laura - The friend thing just gives you quicker access to friend's statuses, you can click on the quick links and then contacts on the blue toolbar and see which of your friends are online and it's easier to pm them if you want to - it's really just a way to say to someone - I'm enjoying our interaction, let's be friends .....
You have to watch the 0% fat thing as it often means 'and boosted sugar content so there's still some taste!!!'
Re the 50 posts - everything doesn't suddenly change when you click from 49 to 50, it can take a few hours to come into effect (is my understanding) - just so you know. x

Kelfie - I haven't had any of the shakes and don't fancy them but I don't see why you couldn't change the order of the meals around and have shake/soup in the evening. There are people who have the soup for breakfast - but I couldn't stomach that myself!

Just changed my avatar thingy will now have another go at ticker and then off to bed! This photo isn't much better- but is more recent had it done a couple of years ago for Xmas pressies for grandma's! Also this is one that hasn't been edited! As you are aware I am a bit of a novice on the puter (as DD age 3 says!) and so not sure how to tidy it up!

Back