JanD's dietchef diary

Hmmmmmm ...... I'll go look for my magnifying glass ;);):)

Ticker done! Bed here I come - have given smilies a miss this evening in a bid to speed me up. Lovely tho' they are!

You get a smilie/sad face or a wink using the semi-colons or colons with a bracket in the quick posts too! xx night night xx

Going for silver! and added the hol as a goal ticker as need to be vaguely ok weight wise for a cossie!!!

Can't believe it!!! Don't deserve it!! But I'll take it and be grateful!! Another 1lb gone!!! :party0049::party0049:

New start and fresh focus and determination I WILL be better this week!!

I'm still going to have a drink on Sat & Sun but apart from that I'm going to do my utmost to be a good little (HA!) girlie!! :angel09:

I'm hoping to have a good Internet connection tonight (it can be sporadic in work) so I can chat to anyone who's around - although often there's no-one at all on here in the night. I can play arcade games though - I just need something to occupy my hands. I can watch dvds and iplayer but that doesn't work as well as 'doing' something. :character00148:

Hope you're all okay!!

PS - Had the rabbit tonight - I'm loving it!! Really filling!!

Well done Jan - y'looking slinky lol Think we're all daytime folk on here - what hours are your shifts on? I sometimes get insomnia and can't sleep until gone two but don't really come on the computer to pass the time, doesn't help tire me out and I'd just be babbling a load of sleepy nonsense :p

Thanks LoChan -- I work either 10.30pm-7am or 11pm-7.30am .... & just because I'm at work doesn't mean I don't babble a load of sleepy nonsense ;)!!

I'll have to find an Australian chat room :)

Hey Jan!
How you doing? I am all depressed! Boo, stomach cramps like crazy! Feel totally trapped in my body, want out! Hope you are ok? x

Hi Jessica - I sure am, thanks for asking .... have a look a few posts back :)

Sorry you're feeling under par, sure it's only temporary so hope you're soon feeling better.

Jan that is good - see you managed to turn it around! Perhaps it was the green tea?? - does that help??? I assumed that was why you were drinking it. ;)
I am blue tonight because I am so cold.............What can I do to get warm??? I am in bed with my hot wheat bag having had a bath, chicken curry and spinach and a cup of tea and I have a blanket around me - just what can I do to get warm???

Is there a man handy ;):) .............

Green tea IS supposed to help, I know it counts towards water intake and is more pleasant to drink in this weather!!

Oh yeah! He has already offered!! Never one to miss an opportunity! Seriously is this normal or am I heading for a virus???

Sorry to hear you are feeling crap as well Jess. Hope you feel better tomorrow! and Caroline (at least I think it was you who asked!) I checked the yog - the mullerlite is ok but the organic one has 13g sugar per 100g that is toooooooooo much!!!

Talking of sugars - there's 15.5g in 100g of grapes, even if it's fruit sugar tis a lot huh. Banana is 12.2, apples it's 10.4 and orange is 9.4... is it 12g or over that are pushing it for having too much sugar in?

I like your new 'Laura', Laura! You could be sickening for something I suppose - or have you got REALLY cold today? Sometimes there's cold and then there's chilled to the bone - when I get THAT cold I find it really hard to get warm sometimes. I'd say plenty of hot drinks, juices are good (sugar-free of course!) I like blackcurrant or blueberry, somehow they feel as though they do more good that tea or coffee but it's probably all in the mind.
Hope you feel okay tomorrow.

LoChan - sorry I don't know about the sugar thing.

Thanks Laura :) Guess I shall stick to full fat natural yogurt.

Not sure how much sugar is too much - imho, think you have to look at it over the whole day, but I'm watching my sugar at the mo as trying to help an old wound heal properly (which does seem to be working). Plus, sugar is my downfall.

Great day - at last! Well more than a normal day - a full 24 hours as it was my first night shift last night.

I had granola, blueberries and yoghurt very late morning yesterday (wed) the rabbit casserole with baby spinach for tea, a soup in the night and I also had a v small banana, 2 yellow plums and a berry nak'd bar.

I'm about to have Thursday's granola with, blueberries and yoghurt again before going to bed. I' ve drunk loads of green tea and a few black coffees (decaf), only about half a litre of water but the green tea counts towards water intake so I'm sure I've had enough.

Having a good day probably shouldn't be a remarkable thing but sadly it is at the moment - for me anyway!. I've started a new thread to try to add to my incentive ...... I'll try anything!!

Have a good day xx

Back