JANE'S DIARY

hi Maddy1
just reading your posts - thinking of starting the dukan diet in the new year and wanted some feeback on how you think it is going and how you are finding it - have you had any side effects at all and would you recommend it at all?

well done by the way you have done great so far

You are doing so well Maddy1. I have been a little disorganised this week so have ended up doing two PV days in a row. Back to PP today. I did jump on the scales again this morning and have lost between 1 and 2 lbs (don't have digital scales so not that accurate but definately going in the right direction)

Am definately bored of PP and really look forward to PV days. Hope you are feeling good!

hi kat, yes ive been good , ive resisted the scales so far this week just going to wait till saturday, im not expecting a good loss if im honest , dont know why because i have been good , just made my first batch of toffee flavoured muffins OMG they are lovely, they taste really naughty ha ha, so defo going to have one with a cup of tea later i think , i have done pp today and will be again tomorrow , bit like you havent done 1 pv then 1 pp..just did what i wanted to really , but i havent been bad so hopefully will show on the scales saturday .xx

hi demilou, yes the diet is good , the attack phase on day 2 got me felt very tired but apart from that its been fine, give it a go, see how you find it , you might realise its not as bad as you first thought xx

friday 9th dec menu pp day

bf : mini tuna quiches

lunch : chicken and mackerel , ff yog

dinner : steak and ham omelette

supper : 2 toffee muffins ( yum yum )

skimmed milk for tea and coffee

xx

Oh they sound lovely....recipe please for the toffee muffins as I have yet to find something to satisfy my sweet tooth! my muffins so far have tasted rather gross.

morning all,

well ive lost 0.6lb this week, im a bit dissapointed if im honest BUT its still a loss, i have been good on the plan but i introduced ff yoghurt (muller) into my diet this week and have read that they might stale your weight loss so will leave them out this week again i think see if it really does make a difference..the main thing is ive evjoyed the week, havent really missed carbs, so im staying with the plan , and plus its my first week on cruise so ive got to look at the bigger picture i know i do x

any thoughts from anyone to perk me up would help, has this happened to any others ??

many thanks xx

Last edited:
morning all tues 13th dec menu pv day

bf : mini bacon and ham quiches

lunch : tuna salad

dinner : chicken and veg

supper : 2 toffee muffins ( oatbran allowance for day)

exercise : wii workout after work and walk the dog

have a great day everyone xx

having a good week so far, really enjoying baking my toffee muffins, and mini quiches, does make a difference having something different , still enjoying the plan, determined to keep going , and hoping xmas doesnt deter me too much .xx

thursday 15th dec menu pp day

bf : mini bacon quiches

lunch : small tin of salmon...small tin of mackerel if still hungry

dinner : haddock and tuna steak

supper : 2 toffee muffins ( delicious )

Well done Maddy1, sounds like you are doing great. Hope you get a good loss this week!

I am also enjoying the muffins...found the secret though....Must wait until they are cold to eat as they taste much better. I was scoffing them as soon as they had come out of the oven and wasn't overly impressed with them.

I have kinda of dipped in motivation this week a little. I haven't cheated but have not been eating enough of anything...not enough protein and not enough in general. Made more of an effort today and hope to have at least a loss on Saturday weigh in day although I won't hold out much hope as I know I haven't eaten on drunk anywhere near enough.

hi kat, yes the muffins are lovely arent they, just a nice little treat i find to have at night with a cuppa, you not been eating enough??? maybe you need to have a bit of a change, im trying to make little changes so i dont get bored, because i think sometimes eating the same things all the time can get boring so your appetite drops because of it, but lets hope you have a good loss this week, i dont mind what i lose really as long as i lose something lol xx

I'm wondering whether you're eating enough protein, Maddy... if you're looking for a faster loss, I'd advise losing the bacon this week and also the Muller lites (if you're using them in your toffee muffins). I expect the boozy night affected your weight loss too.

Also keep an eye on your protein to veg/salad ratio, ensuring that the former is always higher... 2/3 to 1/3 is a good ratio.

Good luck!

thanks maintainer, they are good tips..i was having a muller every day last week so ive cut them out this week every day so just having the toffee muller in my muffins ( so ive only used 2 yohurts in total this week), and the veg to protein ratio, i have been watching too , and yes you spot everything ha ha my boozy night out probably didnt help the weight loss, but in 1 way it does show that if you have a special ccasion coming up it is possible to stay on the plan but still enjoy a few drinks every now and again, i know booze is not in the diet, but i do like a little drink every now and again, i dont drink every week .xx

well ive lost 0.8lb this week not great i know but its still a loss, i gave myself a goal to lose 7lb before xmas and ive lost 6.2 so far so im on target, got a hard week coming up tho sunday im out for a chinese style buffet meal with friends then tuesday next week is the office christmas buffet, oh dear im going to try and stay strong if i can and only eat things im supposed to , up my exercise this week and cut out the bacon which might not be good.xx

Hi Maddy1
How did the Chinese buffet and work do go? Well done on the losses so far.

well ive well and truly fell off the dukan wagon, ate and drank far too much, and im dreading getting back on the scales , but january 3rd i will be back on dukan, im back at work that day , and so i can start afresh , i find it so much easier when im at work i can get my routine going , i know you are probably thinking why the 3rd jan, well im out all day new years day and i know i wont stick to dukan, then the next day i know i will just be useless, so ive picked the 3rd to start again, i hope you all have a fab new year , and i will be back 3rd jan all guns blazing xxx

well what a complete waste of space iam ..supposed to get back on dukan jan 3rd that day come and gone ...im so annoyed at myself so
im starting again jan 9 th lets hope i can stick to that ...pathetic loser that iam lol x

I understand how hard it is Maddy1, I was only going to have 3 days off over christmas and ended up having 7 days. Managed to get back on as of Tuesday 3rd, although have had a little bit of cheese to get it out of the fridge (I know I could have thrown it in the bin....but what a waste!)

Now that all bad things have gone from the cupboard it is much easier. I have lost what I put on over Christmas and an extra pound since Tuesday so pleased with that and looking forward to next week. Hope you find getting back on the wagon easy.

hi kat , great to hear from you, well yeah i well and truly fell off the wagon , but been shopping today so got all my food in ready , have got no parties or nights out planned in the next few weeks so im going to get back on track, a big well dont to you for losing your xmas weight, im dreading the scales monday morning but hey i will get there eventually xx

well im starting back on dukan tomorrow after a disastorous xmas food wise...so looking forward to getting back in the zone...going back to basice starting afresh so will update stats tomorrow when ive weighed in for my first morning on attack, plan to do attack for 4-5 days to give myself a good boost ...so heres my menu ..

breakfast : scrambled egg and ham

lunch : chicken and mackerel

dinner : tuna and chicken if still hungry

supper : galette with 0% yog and cinnamon

skimmed milk for tea /coffee
plenty of water
walk the dog and back on my wii fit

cant wait to start feeling so positive about getting back on the plan, got everything ready whoo hoo !!!

Back