Jans new diary

Well weighed in on Monday (20th) STS, bit peeved really, I went out for my 1st works meal and only had prawn cocktail ( no bread & butter, mostly lettuce) 2 slices turkey and some cauliflower for main and took pud home for OH. 2nd meal was sort of cancelled, OH took me for a meal instead and had pasta korma, left most of the pasta, had a few vodkas & diet coke tho. Party was cancelled so no food there. I was good the rest of the time, shake for breakfast, soup or bar for lunch and if I had a meal in the eve instead of shake it was a protein meal & veg. Then to STS was a bit disappointing to say the least. What hope do I have of not putting on weight when I come off Exante????

Now am scared to eat over christmas as I dont want to put this weight back on.

Oh the joys lol

Hope everyone has a great christmas and fab new year

xx

What you have to remember Jan is that the things you were eating have probably knocked you out of ketosis which means pretty much an instant gain but its all water weight. So by STS you have actually lost but its not reflecting on the scales yet.

Thanks for that Joanne, feel a bit better now, so when you finally come off TFR you are going to gain then? I thought the fact that I was still taking in so few calories meant I would still lose something. Oh well will keep going. See how things pan out. x

Thats the point in refeeding Jan. As long as you do that your body gets used to the idea of eating again and you can eat more normally.

I thought that was what I was doing by adding a protein meal in, Sooo confused (& probably a bit thick lol) I will have to do some more research :confused:

Lol it is quite confusing Jan. Im not entirely sure of the details coz Im quite a while from refeeding but its basically phasing out the packs with food. Adding a protein meal just now just means youre doing working solution rather than total.

thats what I thought Jan ... surely if you lose 7lbs due to the glycogen stores when you start you will put that 7lb in glycogen back on ...myabe you need to lose 7lb more and expect the glycogen gain ??? IDK, I must admit I find it quite easy to stay the same or gain when I fall of the wagon so it shows how much we need to be careful at the end to maintain.

YOu have done good, so close to your goal ..think where you would have been had you not been Exante-ing ... big pat on the back chickie.

Thanks Bobbi for the pat on the back x

I have been off Exante for the christmas but am re starting on Monday which is my usual WI day, my scales at home broke so the nice ladies at the chemist weighed me for a few weeks (I was on LT with them) now I have new scales and have been eating for over a week and I'VE LOST 5LB!!!! according to mine-obviously difference between scales, soooo I will weigh on mine on Monday and start afresh from there. OH spoilt me over xmas, let me have his CC for new clothes lol, I forgot how nice it feels to be ables to pick up a 16 and it fits!!!

Well good luck to all those starting afresh in the New Year and a fab well done to those who have kept on over the xmas period.

Happy New Year to one and all xxx

Lol thanks Julie, can only do it once tho eh? dont want to go back the other way lol It will take a few weeks to get used to but my clothes dont feel any tighter so I guess thats a good sign, been sticking to vodka instead of cider so think thats helped. How have you done, not been on here much, need to catch up reading all the posts xx

That'll soon be off Julie, you've done brilliantly so far, are you starting 100% again then, after the xmas goodies have gone lol I have just left them for OH to eat. x

i would have been 100% today but hubby got hump coz i didnt eat the choc liquers he bought me. lots of vodka tomorrow to see in the new year. hoping to honk every day from saturday til the 15th january ;)

Wot is it with men eh? lol although my OH is really good, he doesnt buy me chocs unless I ask him too. He knows your on this journey doesnt he? sabotage maybe, they're fickle things arn't they lol An ex many many years ago was the same, I was bulimic for a while, then got rid of him lol. You'll do good, you'll get back on track, I'll look out for your honking everyday. xx

Well hope everyone had a good New Year. Am on day 1 of restart, not too bad so far probably cos I know what to expect now lol Not sure how much weight I put on cos the difference between my scales & pharmacists ones is quite a bit me thinks. Plus weighing in PJ's now instead of outdoor clothes (they weren't too keen on me turning up in PJ's at the chemists!) I dont think i've done too bad, tried to keep treats to a minimum and worked over some of the hols so keeping busy helped. But onwards & upwards now only a stone to go, reallllly should do some exercise now tho :-( as I wobble a bit lol

Well good luck to everyone who's continuing or starting their Exante journey. May you all be skinny for 2011

xx

Well 8lb down today :D time to think about re feeding, scary tho cos exante suits me fine but will have to learn to eat properly at some point. Theres NO WAY I want this weight to go back on (say that every time I lose weight tho this time I mean it!!! lol)

x

Thanks Joanne,

its funny but I sort of wish I still had more to go, bit selfish of me maybe but I personally think this diet is easier than eating, its taken all the thought out of it which suits me just fine. I need boundaries with my food so wanted to go to WW but doubt if they'll take me now lol

Your doing fab too, think a lot of people are now xmas is over with, keep it up peeps lol

xx

Back