January 2009 - Starters

Thanks a lot for the tips Emzski!!

I too am slightly worried that my mind will do its normal thing and get bored after a couple weeks and I won't be able to do this.

But I really am going into this with all I have.

I think I'm actually more excited about meeting my group of ladies - as I do think they could be key (knowing me!)

excellent news indie!
this time next week i will be on my way to my first meeting!!!
daisy x

welcome indie and carl!!!!

well ive eaten too much and am now sat here with a stomach the size of a full term pregnant lady, and feeling as sick as a dog!!!!!! i will be so glad when i wont do it anymore!!! roll on next week, i dont care how hard i find it i just want to feel healthy and fit!!!!!!!!

Isn't it funny how we are all looking forward to not having to deal with food anymore yet we are still stuffing ourselves with it (or is it just me :eek:).

I've been hungry for all of about 2 minutes today and yet I've eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thankfully not too stuffed today but I've still overeaten.

Yeaaaahhhhhhh, this time next month we will all be well into our journey and will all hopefully have lost nearly a stone, if not more - how exciting is that!

I have previously done CD, which is more or less the same thing, without the couselling, I did get headaches for a couple of days, felt cold and was a little constipated, however the weight loss is sooo fast, my skin was amazing and I had sooooo much energy.

I've still got a few Christmas bits in the house, but am so looking forward to just eating my packs and bars, and not having to think about what I'm going to eat for a couple of months.

I didn't stick to CD because I had a few holidays this year and kept thinking that I'd just eat for one day then get back to it the following day, this didn't happen and I'd continue to eat for a few days, then get back to it, then eat again. I now know that I've got to do this 100% and that I want to lose the weight more than eat for a day.

I just keep thinking that if I stick to this 100%, this summer I will be wearing lovely summer dresses and confident and happy, if I don't stick to this 100%, then how will I feel about myself next summer!

I'm hoping that we can all stick to this 100% and be there for each other, that way we're more likely to get to goal together.

Role on January 5th!

Louale x

*bounces on spot*

My eyes are near bleeding. I've been reading LL blogs/website/mags/posts all day long - really where has the time gone?!?!?!

I should get started with my scrap book really.

Hi and welcome to Indie!

I've started a scrapbook; so far I've written down some things I won't miss about being morbidly obese (there you go folks, I said it) and things I will do when I'm slim. It's the funny little things that you adjust to as a fat person and the excuses for not doing fun things (in case you break something/don't fit/wheeze embarrassingly).

Monday can't come too soon now!

I'm so pleased that there are a few of us starting around the same time - helps to know others are going through the same thing. I downloaded the spreadsheet that is on this site to track loss week by week - it will auto fill in the % loss which is great as I'm not great at maths.

I'm going to start a scrapbook too and I have sort of started a blog which I will fill in more once I've got going.

I've never done a scrapbook but have my diary ready to start. I have a diary on here but last time I did a handwritten diary in a beautiful notebook, where I stuck photographs of my progress and it was really helpful. I've bought a new notebook ready to start the diary, probably from tomorrow.

i was just having a work out and to get my BMI to 25 i have to loose 41lbs, my personal target is to get to 10.5 stones, this is a loss of 60lbs!!!! is it right that as soon as i get to bmi of 25 i will have to go on to RTM??? and loose th erest that way or can i stay in developers till im the full 60lbs lighter????

i was just having a work out and to get my BMI to 25 i have to loose 41lbs, my personal target is to get to 10.5 stones, this is a loss of 60lbs!!!! is it right that as soon as i get to bmi of 25 i will have to go on to RTM??? and loose th erest that way or can i stay in developers till im the full 60lbs lighter????

Unless it's changed you stay on packs until the full amount is lost (unless you've got a dangerously low target). When I did it, because you got medically monitored every month, you could (unlike CD).

I'm sure if it's changed people will correct me :)

I always thought you went until you reached your goal.

Although, after the BMI of 25 you tend to lose muscle mass, which is not what you want to do!

Saying that - I've heard a few people saying that they "knew" when it was time to move onto RTM because of certain "side effects".

Personally, I am setting my self a target of 9 stone 5 lb (which is a loss of at least 4 stone), and a BMI of around 22.

I'm going to stick to that unless circumstances change. It's all about stopping when you're happy to!

Plus - I am doing the 30 mins brisk walk still on a daily basis, my yogalates dvd, and some weights/toning work during foundation. I'm hoping that may keep me RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) up and hopefully lessen the muscle wasting after BMI 25.

*sigh*

Well! I have just had some happy news! I'm now starting on the Wednesday 7th and not Thursday. My LLC rang up after a lady who had been waiting for a group since September found she couldn't do the Thursday nights, so LLC is phoning round and asking if we can change! So, am a 7th girly now!

You're probably wondering why I am so excited about one day difference! Well, I was having a panic around a month ago - because I have an awards dinner on Thurs 15th, so not only would I miss meeting 2 (and for me the meetings are key to success) I would have had to gone into the first real food challenge without seening my group of LLC since starting which was terrifying me.

The one thing I was panicing about is now no longer an issue. Yeehaw!!

Have updated the tracker with my new date. lol.

Louale - 5 Jan 09 Goal - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5 Jan 09 Goal 10 stones loss
Carl - 5th Jan - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - 4.5 stone to lose
Daisydoll - 6 jan 09 Goal - 3.5 stones loss
Gary girl forever - 7th jan 09 Goal - 5 stones loss
Emveg - 7th Jan - 4.5 stone loss (UPDATE ON WI!)
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - 5 stone to loose

hmmm, just having a little nosey in here! HOw exciting for all of you!

Gosh, not long now!!!!!

Get ready to have you worlds turned upside down, dusted off, cleaned and polished and handed back to you, better then ever!

Good luck everyone!!!

I can remember exactly this time of year, last year when I was waiting for my first meeting. I couldn't WAIT to get there.
These are golden days peeps. They are reallllly special times, marking a significant change in your life!

Enjoy them, and remember them always!!

Good luck!!!!!

XX

Thanks Yoda :D !

Thanks Blode Logic, nice encouraging message, as always.

Louale x

Back