Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

I shall post pics on Sunday then. I warn you, it's not gonna be pretty!!

It's great that everyone has their own way of doing things and keeping up the motivation! Whatever works and helps to stay on track!

I shall post pics on Sunday then. I warn you, it's not gonna be pretty!!

I can promise you you're probably the only one who thinks that! Its important you feel healthy and happy with how you look, but by the same token, you should also remember everyone who loves you thinks you're gorgeous!

I love this thread. It's so refreshing... :) :)

Those of you in your twenties...I agree, social media, celeb magazines, airbrushing etc have really increased the pressure on you. I teach teenagers and it upsets me to see.

That said, it is also more commonplace to be larger now, so you are more able to find clothes in larger sizes etc.

But overall, I feel much less pressure from external sources now that I'm older (40). But I don't think that's to do with any societal changes, simply I care less about what others think. My pressure now comes from within - I worry much more about my health, and I want to start dating again and don't feel I can until I'm in a place where I'm at least comfortable with myself. I am also sick of my fluctuating weight...two decades is just too long to stress it. (That said, I do wonder what would occupy my time...dieting is a bit like a hobby I've been doing it for so long!!!)

Sorry about the waffle!

I'm 25 and I'm just so aware of everyone being so teeny (I'm 5ft10 so theres more of me than other girls even when I'm slim!) but perhaps I just notice the skinny girls. Thing is, everyone has their issues, if its not food, its alcohol or cigarettes or whatever, and I think most slim girls do really control their weight even when its not obvious.

No it's not waffle! Sorry for my long messages :) And me! Love hearing everyone's stories and knowledge and idea and thoughts sharing! I know I feel silly to say the media affects me but it does coz I think, I just wana look like that! But I know it isn't real, really! There have been so many scandals of the celebs doing all the photoshopping! So it proves even with all the money, fitness trainers and everything else in the world, they still feel the need to do more for that 'perfect' look that doesn't even exist!
Yeah I know the average size of a woman in the UK keeps changing, not sure what it is at the moment! But like you say regardless of media etc, and whatever our loved ones say, it's how we feel that is important, and to be happy with yourself!
Definitely health is the key thing, as it's the look we all normally go on about as we all want to look good. Before days of CD my consultant had cancer which she is fully recovered from and she said having that health scare was the kick that made her look for something to change, and that's how she found CD, lost lots of weight, got fit and healthy and never looked back since, and she always says the healthier you are, staying in a healthy bmi range, it lessens the chance of anything happening and it's just about looking after yourself :) xx

Eurgh I'm flagging tonight, probably because I'd normally have a takeaway or lots of crap on a Friday. Doesn't feel like a full night with no crappy food!

Jo1989 it's good you have the height I guess more space to spread the weight :) as I'm 5ft I can't really afford even a few pounds overweight. But like you say we all have good and bad points about ourselves as we are all very diff!! Yeah even on hols I'm very aware of the skinny girls lol damn them

Awww dietninja i hope u find a new partner one day that loves u the way u r!! Im selling my fiance Any takers??! I dont do refunds either loool xx

Yeah I am laying here thinking, I am really hungry. I know It doesn't feel like a Friday night in the slightest!!!

Oh yes and dietninja I wish you all the luck in the dating front, I'm sure once you are fully happy and love yourself, you will give off a great vibe for guys to love you also! Although I'm sure you'll be attracting now anyway! It's just having the confidence youself to get out there :) xxx

Well day 2 is done.
How have i found it? Easier than day 1 but still hungry i have been cold all day i can't seem to get warm. Had the maple and pecan porridge again for breakfast i enjoy these there lovely. Butter scotch shake not so nice but edible. And tomato and basil soup with my dreaded 2 boiled eggs lol. I cannot drink anymore or ill turn into a puddle!! Glad to go to bed now thats another day down! Hope i guys are doing ok too ive felt better today not so emotional dunno about u guys maybe its the food restrictions getting to me. Hope im going into ketosis! !.. anyway positive thinking and night girls xx

I am feelin your pain its kebab night grrrr im npt thinking about it im going to sleep lol

Lol i know me to but im stuck with him aha xx

Well done Skellybob on day 2! Before you know it yourl be saying day 22! I know what you mean I felt quite snappy today but keep thinking it's no one else's problem or journey it's mine so, be happy as it will take us to a happy place! :) be happy people!!

Kebabs are the devil...let's keep thinking that, look what they do to our bodies!!!! Horrible nasty kebabs

Well day 2 is done. How have i found it? Easier than day 1 but still hungry i have been cold all day i can't seem to get warm. Had the maple and pecan porridge again for breakfast i enjoy these there lovely. Butter scotch shake not so nice but edible. And tomato and basil soup with my dreaded 2 boiled eggs lol. I cannot drink anymore or ill turn into a puddle!! Glad to go to bed now thats another day down! Hope i guys are doing ok too ive felt better today not so emotional dunno about u guys maybe its the food restrictions getting to me. Hope im going into ketosis! !?.. anyway positive thinking and night girls xx

I did you're trick tonight....tomato & basil soup with 2 boiled eggs! V nice it was too and as it stopped me going into a binge so I'm ok with it :)

3 litres of water (plus 2 coffees and a herbal tea)

3 packs

2 boiled eggs

1 weak and shakey spell and 1 grumpy evening...

day 1: DONE!

Thamks ginabeany :) wise words and ye godddd roll on day 22 pleaseeeeee!

Back