Jayne's Refeed diary

Hey yep the 2nd refeed was finished at 10st 9lbs :cool: , I'm sort of fluctuating between there and 11st at the min. I figure I carry a serious amount of fluids. R&R hit me quite hard cos he was home for 11 days and I think we ate out about 8 times :eek:
I usually look at your diaries cos I'm rubbish rubbish rubbish at keeping mine up to date :eek: AND don't make anything other than salad so it's really just like refeed continued I guess :eek:.
I will make an effort tho to cook a bigger variety of stuff and keep a log of what I eat but I'm thinking it should turn into a maintenance diary rather than a refeed diary.
I am going to buy some frozen berries today and these will be my breakfast with shape zeroes. And I've got a beautiful low GI bread (more like malt loaf type thing) recipe which I've got down to a fine art, so shall make that too and freeze it.
Apart from that I am totally un-inspired lol - thanks for checking in on me tho chicky xx

No problemo my lovely.
Its ok to fluctuate ya know, everybody does :)

Whats the recipe for that bread you were on about?
I'd love to bake something like that, if you wouldnt mind.

If you're happy with your food at the moment no need to feel like you have to change it :) xxx

You'll need:
50g Allbran cereal
300ml skimmed milk
225g wholemeal self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
90g sultanas
50g dried apricots (diced)
50g pitted prunes (diced)
75g dark muscavado sugar
4 tablespoons of floral honey

Method:

put bran cereal in a bowl, pour over the milk and soak for 30 mins
preheat oven to 180 or Gas 4
sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in bran cereal misture, together with any bran left in the sieve. Stir in dried fruit, sugar and honey - mix well.
spoon mixture into a non-stick 900g loaf tin (bursh tin with oil to prevent sticking) and level the top. bake for 1hr - 1.15mins or until loaf cooked and golden brown on top.
Allow loaf to cool a little in the tin before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely. The loaf will store for several weeks.

NOTE: I couldn'd find S/R wholemeal flour so put a tsp of yeast in it. Also, I substituted the prunes/apricots for dried apple and some more sultanas. This was a very yummy alternative to the original recipe. Yum Yum! 170 cal per slice, less than 1g fat, zero saturated, 4g's protein and 38g carbs, Low GI rating

Enjoy x

Oooh Thanks chick it does sound yummy!
How many slices should I cut out of it?
Portion control an that! Lol might give it a whirl next week! :) xx

Around 12 I think. All depends on the size of your tin. Have just started a new recipe thread on maintenance, thought maybe we could all share xx

Back