Jen and Rach's Birthday Weekend - Now with photos!

Guest list (at present)

Jen
Sandy (Starlight)
Rach (blackwidow)
Rosie (little rotund one)
Jess (elegantriposte)
RachelA
Karenlou

I haven't booked yet as I may not be staying in Glasgow, but in Greenock or somewhere else near there as of car parking expense! I have a friend whose parents have a friend who is friends with the manager of a nice hotel so may be able to get cheaper rates.

Oh well in that case it would be nice to be in the same hotel as everyone else :) Unless I get good rates in this other hotel, I do like a nice hotel! :p

Ah, see - now that name makes sense - our Jess is one of them posh birds ;)

I know what you mean, Jess. I do like my creature comforts but sometimes when you are literally using a hotel as somewhere to sleep, it makes no odds - and think of how you can spend the spare money (if there is any that is)

It will be lovely to meet you in March. xx

Thanks Rosie, I'm very excited about meeting everyone! :) It's so weird that everyone on the site is just so nice. Everyone! It's almost like we're not on the internet :p Most forums I've been on people are really cliquey and mean.

I would like to be a posh bird but I don't have the money! We spend all our money on rent as we went for an expensive lovely house instead of a cheap not so lovely house :p Would you look at that, I am posh, hehe. If I had the money I would shop at M&S and buy my clothes from Debenhams!

I don't want to spend too much money on the hotel cos like you say it's just a place to sleep, which is why I'm waiting to see how much it costs ;)

Oh bugger, everyone else is staying at the travellodge :-( , I would change but I get a cheapy rate through a friend and I cant afford to pay more.

well there are people looking to share rooms? I'm sure maybe Karen or Gemma would be looking to share to cut expenses?? x

Ooooh I'd like to come :D
(Would want to share a room if anyone's got one :D)

Can anyone think of a way of describing it to my parents that isn't 'meeting up with some people I met on the internet' :rolleyes:

xx

Now that's a tough one I admit. Even when I met up with the very respectable Sandy, Jen and Rach - some of my family thought I was a bit bonkers - I mean, 43 yr old women don't meet other women from the internet, do they???

I am trying to think what my nearly 17 yr old son (similar age to you I think?) would have to say to me for me to be comfortable about him going......and I'm still thinking :D

Its a tough one cos as a parent I would be worried about you - and as a minimins'er I would love you to come along as it would be great to meet you. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Without lying about it - I'm stuck. Sorry Jen. xxx

I know! I can't think of anything I could tell my parents that would make them let me go :rolleyes:
Unless I completely lied and didn't tell them I was going to Glasgow xD lol.

xx

Why not just show them some of the site and let them see that we are all nice enough?

Back