Jenna's 2013, back on track and getting to goal diary.

Hey Jenna I hope you're alright. If you're that stressed about it maybe you should try something else for a while, you're working life shouldn't make you so anxious. It's hard too when you do short amounts of time you don't get to really get stuck into it. I often doubt teaching, it's so much work. I love the children but I don't know if I'm up to it sometimes. I know I won't do it forever anyway. Like you though I don't know what I would want to do.

Hope tomorrow is better and everyday gets better xx

Thanks Hun! Made my other rants post reply before I saw this xx

Just popping by to subscribe. I used to manage a Pre-school with a room full of 20 two and a half to four year olds so I know where you're coming from with all the different needs/abilities of the children. I'm now currently doing a sort of nanny post but for 2 older children. It's much more relaxed and there's no pressure, I love it :)
Good luck tomorrow x

Hi Jenna, just had to post after reading your post above. As you know I'm in the same boat about work...I hate my current job and like you, it brings on tears along with other emotions :( I need out and soon!! Started applying for jobs this weekend and got asked for an interview today- social care (completely different to what I do now) was feeling really happy and could see the light. Came home and told my parents and to say it didn't go down well is an understatement (the prospective job, not me looking for something else) why does it have to be so hard eh?! Doubt I'll even go that interview now. Haven't been left alone all evening and just can't stop the tears. Listen to us eh?! Can't believe I'm writing this on a public forum...arhhhhh! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You defo shouldn't put so much pressure on yourself...remember the children need you to help them...as does the school...without you there wouldn't be anyone there to teach them! it must be one of the toughest jobs only being with a class for a month or so before moving on...just enough time to find your feet but too short to settle properly and build some good relationships! I've got a serious amount of admiration.
Tomorrow can only be better!
Gx

Aww chick I completely know how you feel, it's awful. I know our parents want the best for us but they don't seem to realise that sometimes happiness is a lot more important than money and bloody 'status'. My mum loves that I'm a teacher'.
This morning she cracked when I was gurning and told me to stop accepting work! She was nice then during the day when she text me and then she asked me when I got home how it was...cue more tears and then said (after ranting this morning that I should stop accepting work but know that I'd have no money) I should just phone the boss and tell him I wouldn't be in again. Make up your mind. By that point though what she'd said about money had got to me plus phoning in and sacking it off looks so bad, especially if I ever change my mind!
What do you do at the minute? Why are your parents so anti job change? I would still go for the interview chick (says she who won't quit cause she has the fear) at least that way you'll find out more about the job and if its right for you x

You defo shouldn't put so much pressure on yourself...remember the children need you to help them...as does the school...without you there wouldn't be anyone there to teach them! it must be one of the toughest jobs only being with a class for a month or so before moving on...just enough time to find your feet but too short to settle properly and build some good relationships! I've got a serious amount of admiration.
Tomorrow can only be better!
Gx

You are fast becoming my new favourite person lol! So supportive, thank you x

Hope today goes well Jenna, I agree with everyone else, try to stop putting as much pressure on yourself, I'm sure your doing an amazing job, I understand it must be extremely hard not feeling like the jobs yours, but you never know if you build relationships with the schools they'll ask you again when they need cover or they'll also think of you when a full time position comes up. I know that doesn't help you so much right now, also the nanny job sounds great good luck I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. My boyfriend is in a similar position to you, he's a secondary school teacher and really wants out of it, I think its mainly the school he's at but a lot of it is all the red tape, he's applied for lots of different jobs and it really gets him down at times.
Really hope he gets something soon as its horrible seeing how stressed he gets, it does spill over into his personal life as well. Which I can understand as well, I did the same when I was unemployed and volunteering, I cried for a whole day when I didn't get that job I was expecting and I think I would have gone on for longer if I didn't have that school trip that I'd already said I'd go on with little one's school.

Sorry I'm ranting a bit about nothing there, hope you have a good day today anyway.

Joanne, I'd go for the interview, it'll be good experience and you might not get it anyway, if you do get offered it you can change your mind after having a proper think about it. Why don't your parents like the idea? My mum is really against me becoming a slimming world consultant but I'm still going to look into it (they might not want me or I might decide I don't want to do it) but I'd rather look into that rather then just sit around waiting for something else to come up and accept me. Oh and as well another thing about my boyfriend, he's found another job which he's not to sure about, but like I said to him, if he applies for it then he can always change his mind, whereas if he doesn't and he changes his mind its too late at that point

I agree with everyone else Jen and hope today is better. My job is mind numbing but it gets me by and suits my needs esp with the little one. I would love to change but I am a big scaredy cat to change. One cos of the routine I am in with now being part time and two I don't know what I want to do and don't want to take another low paid dead end job. My company have been excellent esp my boss so although I am not completely unhappy I will sit tight until I am ready.
You should never not do something because your afraid upsetting your parents. Do what's right for you X

Hope today goes ok Jenna xx

Hi Jenna! Just popping in to subscribe! Sorry to hear about the job anxiety. I have had that a couple of times in my life where I was under a lot of pressure. I used to get to my boyfriend's and just cry for an hour - everything set me off and there felt like there was no way it would ever improve. On one occasion I moved jobs in the end; the other time I stuck with it and things got better once I was settled. I used to do SEN Support at a mainstream secondary school and that could be terrifying! At least I moved around so for every daunting class there was a lovely one. It must be so frustrating to be so well qualified. I hope today is MUCH better!

I don't know how you can survive on nothing but fruit until dinner time! I hope you're eating it by the bucketload! I've had a bowl of bran flakes, a mullerlight and two apples this morning and I feel like I could eat a horse!

lyricallylittle said:
Hi Jenna! Just popping in to subscribe! Sorry to hear about the job anxiety. I have had that a couple of times in my life where I was under a lot of pressure. I used to get to my boyfriend's and just cry for an hour - everything set me off and there felt like there was no way it would ever improve. On one occasion I moved jobs in the end; the other time I stuck with it and things got better once I was settled. I used to do SEN Support at a mainstream secondary school and that could be terrifying! At least I moved around so for every daunting class there was a lovely one. It must be so frustrating to be so well qualified. I hope today is MUCH better!

I don't know how you can survive on nothing but fruit until dinner time! I hope you're eating it by the bucketload! I've had a bowl of bran flakes, a mullerlight and two apples this morning and I feel like I could eat a horse!

I couldn't manage without a lot of food in the mornings either, I eat so much more in the first half of the day than I do later on. I certainly couldn't manage on just fruit, I'd be passing out by 10am lol. So far I've had porridge, a banana, 2 apricots, an apple and a pear!!

Hope today's going ok Jenna x

Hello lovely one,

Just popping by to subscribe to your shiny new diary!

Would love to leave you a long message about work stress and stuff but am stuck in the office so will save thoughts for later.

xx

Hey all, thanks so much for the support, you're really a fab bunch. Pleased to say that today went better but I just don't want to be there. Going to try and just get on with it and not cry at every opportunity haha!
Green
Breakfast
Shreddies, banana, apple and milk (A1 and B1)

Snack
2 x apple

Lunch
Pineapple

Dinner
Pasta bake-passata, cheese (A2), mushrooms, onion, peppers, carrots, sweetcorn, pasta and 2 quorn fillets.

Snack
Hi fi bar (1/2 B2)...
1 slice of wholemeal toast with a slither of cheese (5 syns MAX)
8 syns on choc.

Total syns: 13.
Pretty sure I'm due a gain this week but I deserve it, I would give up my daily choc but I don't think I can though mum has agreed not to buy anymore choc digestives.

Last edited:
Back