Jennie's Journey, but mostly ranting...

Saturday's Food Diary - 19/1/13 Green Day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HEB with skimmed milk HEA. Wee orange, banana and pear.

Lunch - 2 small baked spuds with left over chilli from last nights dinner with a lettuce, tomato, scallion, cucumber and beetroot salad topped with 30g extra mature cheddar HEA.

Snack - Lidl yogurt (2 syns), apple, Dream Lidl bar (3.5 syns)

Dinner - Indian take-away. Vegetable Rogan Josh with boiled rice (6.5 syns)

Think I'll have a hot chocolate ( 2 syns) with a hifi bar HEB to bring me to 14 syns.

Last edited:
Sunday's Food Diary - 20/1/12 EE day

Breakfast - Fry - Rashers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried egg, baked beans. Mug of coffee with skimmed milk HEA

Lunch/Dinner - Salad - boiled ham, lettuce, red pepper, beetroot, tomato, scallions, pickled onion.
Hifi bar HEB
Snacks - Banana, orange, hot choc (2 syns), 3 x mint chocolates (7.5 syns)

Total - 9.5 syns.

Monday's Food Diary - 21/1/13 EE

Breakfast - rashers, 2 boiled eggs and a slice of Brennan's white batch bread (7.5 syns). Mug of coffee with skimmed milk HEA and a tsp of sugar (1 syn)

Lunch - 4 slender choice sausages, baked beans, fried egg, mushrooms. Slice of wholemeal toast HEB. Grapes, orange and an apple.

Dinner - Beef bolognaise with rice. Mince beef, onions, garlic, leek, peppers.

Snacks - Pink wafer snack bar, one finger (3 syns) and a mullerlight.

Last edited:
Syn Controller Graze box :)

2013-01-21 21.01.03.jpg

jshort said:
Remember - scan bran curly wurly cake!

Have you made it yet?

Just catching up, what did you think of the mushy pea curry? I bought done mushy peas ages ago, but haven't braved it yet!

Makes me laugh that I keep seeing scallion in your diary, I call them spring onions and my other half calls them scallion and he always corrects the kids when they call them spring onions

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haven't tried the curly wurly cake yet :) I'm going to buy the scan bran at group tomorrow. I might get two packets of it and see if I can make something exciting with it...the normal cake the consultant makes with it is gross so I thought this might be interesting!

The mushy pea curry turned out well and I'd do it again. It's a good one for when you only have canned foods left in the house :) It's worth a go. Is your OH Irish or Irish connections??? Where I'm from we pronounce scallion as 'scullion'!

Tuesday's Food Diary - 22/1/13 EE

Breakfast - Poached eggs, slice of wholemeal toast HEB, banana, mug of coffee with skimmed milk HEA and an Aero biscuit (5 syns). Tsp of sugar in the coffee (1 syn).

Lunch - Some of the mince from last nights dinner with rice - mince, onion, garlic, peppers and leeks with chopped tomatoes and baked beans. Boiled sweet - (1 syn)

Dinner - I made the Cheese and Onion bake out of the SW All in One book. Was quite nice. Potatoes, carrots, peas, quark (should have been ff cottage cheese but I didn't have any - will use it the next time as it may make the bake creamier?) 3 eggs and cheddar cheese. One portion of this dish works out at (5.5 syns). It would have only been 4 but I used full fat cheddar.

Snacks - bowl of fruit with a Mullerlight. Wee orange, pear, 1/4 of a pomelo (I bought it thinking it was a melon, it's kindof like a large grapefruit). Penguin bar (5.5 syns) with a cuppa tea.

A total of 18 syns today

Last edited:
Wednesday's Food Dairy - 23/1/13 EE

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix HEB with skimmed milk HEA, wee orange, apple and a mug of coffee.

Lunch - Crustless quiche with courgette, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, garlic eggs and 1/4 of 25g of parmesan cheese HEA. I had this with a salad - lettuce, tomato and beetroot.

Dinner - A slice of the crustless quiche (More HEA) with a portion of the cheese and onion pie from last night (5.5 syns)

Ok where do I start....I had a blow out last night. I had 6 mint chocolates which I've counted as (2.5 syns each = 12.5) and I had THREE bags of crisps!! Walkers (6.5 syns) 2 x hunky doreys (6.5 x 2 = 13 syns)

I had a hot chocolate at SW group (2 syns)

Total of = 39.5 syns

I lost 0.5 lbs this week. I feel a little bloated and think I'm coming into my star week so I was in craving mode. It doesn't happen me often so I'm not going to worry too mush about it.

I was out with Ruby for about 30 minutes today so I got to stretch my legs.

Last edited:
Thursday Food Diary - 24/1/13 EE day

Breakfast - Mug of coffee with skimmed milk HEA, 2 wee oranges and an apple.

Lunch - Crustless quiche from yesterday - eggs, broccoli, pepper, mushrooms and some parmasan cheese (1/4 of 25gs) so I'll be counting that along with my HEA, lettuce, beetroot and tomatoes.

Dinner - I bought the All in One book at group last night and I'm doing a cottage pie out of it. So, beef, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, pepper, tinned toms, potato and egg. I might do an extra veg with that.

My friend took over scones earlier (fecker!) and I had one with jam and flora light...don't know how to syn that but I'll work it out later.

Snack after bingo - apple, wee orange, banana chopped up with an orange and chocolate mullerlight. Mug of herbal tea.

Still haven't synned the scone...tomorrow.

Last edited:
Friday's Food Diary - 26/1/13 EE with lots of Superfree

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HEB with skimmed milk HEA with an apple and a wee orange.

Lunch - Didn't get time to have much lunch, I ate another apple and pear on the way to do the shopping.

Dinner - More of the Cottage pie from last night. Mince, tinned toms, onion, carrots, potatoes. Extra steamed carrots and broccoli.

Snacks - mullerlight. Homemade brownie thing on a stick with icing. I made chocolate chip cookies and had one and I made Magic bars and had about 3 of them.

I'm estimating 30 syns....if not more!

Saturday's Food Diary - 26/1/12 Green Day

Breakfast/lunch - 2 weetabix HEB with Skimmed milk HEA with a wee orange, apple and a 1/4 of a pomelo.

Dinner - Mushy pea curry. I bought marrowfat peas by mistake and used them instead to make the curry. I think it was nicer. I used the slow cooker to make it this time and it was lovely. Baked beans, marrowfat peas, chickpeas, tinned toms, tomato puree, onion and mushrooms with actifry potato cubes. Very tasty.

Syns - I've gone to hell altogether this week. I had two of the cookies I made last night and about 4 of the magic bars....I don't know where to start so I'll leave the syns at 30.

I shouldn't have anymore now until weigh day!!! Drinking plenty of water. The dinners are on plan...it's just the synning that's gone out the window

Last edited:
Ok lets have a good one.

Sunday's Food Diary 27/1/13 - EE

Breakfast - chopped up banana, apple and pear cover in a mullerlight. Mug of coffee with skimmed milk 2 syns.

Lunch - Some of the Pea curry that I made last night.

Dinner - SW bolognaise with extra steamed carrots and broccoli. Beef, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, tinned toms, puree and mushrooms. 30g Parmesan cheese HEA.

I ruined it all by eating more of my cookies and magic bars...God knows how many syns but they're all gone now so a new day tomorrow :) I also had a hifi bar HEB and I thought I'd have another one as I was having a red day but now I've just remembered all the peas and beans in my lunch so now I'm making it back to an EE day.

Tomorrow is a new day, a new week.

Last edited:
Hey there just been having a nosey at your diary have to say well done for not giving up(- i've done that in the past and a couple of over syn days leads to more and then i found not going to group etc.) Mind you this time around am trying to avoid temptation because if it's there I know i will eat it lol.
ANyway hope the rest of your day does well if I can move myself am off to try turkish delight flavoured muller lite and keep my sunday on plan- will look forward to following your progress some more.

Hey there just been having a nosey at your diary have to say well done for not giving up(- i've done that in the past and a couple of over syn days leads to more and then i found not going to group etc.) Mind you this time around am trying to avoid temptation because if it's there I know i will eat it lol.
ANyway hope the rest of your day does well if I can move myself am off to try turkish delight flavoured muller lite and keep my sunday on plan- will look forward to following your progress some more.

Thanks Patches. I think I'll need to get ride of all temptation this week!! I wasn't bothered by any of the bought chocolate bars but I got distracted by all the cookies I made...tomorrow is a new day as they're all gone now :)

Friday's Food Diary - 08.02.13 Red Day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HEB with Skimmed milk HEA with a pear, apple and banana.

No lunch

Dinner - SW spaghetti bolognaise with carrots, celery, onions, garlic, peppers, peas, tinned toms, minced beef with steamed cabbage.

Snacks - orange, pear and a mullerlight.

So I haven't kept my diary for over a week here. I was writing it down up until Monday Tuesday and stopped. I lost 2.5 lbs this week which I was happy about as I had put on 2 lb last week.

I made a victoria sponge yesterday for my hubby's birthday and ate half of it....no more syns for me this week! I enjoyed every bit of it...along with a shortcake cookie I made which was dipped in chocolate. My belly feels swollen still from last night!

Saturday's Food Diary - EE 9.02.13

Breakfast - Yogurt, banana, Pear, coffee with skimmed milk - part of my HEA

Lunch - SW soup. Roasted med veg. Butternut squash, tomato, onion, garlic, peppers and lemon.

Dinner - SW fry - slender choice sausages, beans, mushrooms, egg and tomatoes

Snacks: Hifi bar HEB, tea HEA, mullerlight.

Sunday's Food Diary - EE 10.02.13

Breakfast - Banana, apple, pear, orange and a yogurt. Mug of coffee with skimmed milk. Hea part of.

Lunch - Bolognaise from the other night on baked potatoes with lettuce, tomatoes and beetroot.

Dinner -

Back