Jen's Food Diary - working my way through the Mag's recipes!

Really fed up. Got on the scales fully expecting a good loss, and had put on 1.5lbs instead. Going to have speed soup for my lunches next week and cut down on the eggs!!

Had a proper think about the last week, and think there are a couple of things i'm doing now, which I found didn't work for me in the past. So, I'm going to keep my syns to 10 a day (always had great losses on 10 a day), only have 1 HEA (My losses always slowed after they introduced the 2nd HEA for Red & Green), and have far fewer Green Days (again, in the past i've always had poor losses following Green days).

So hopefully that'll get things going in the right direction. I still can't believe I put on 1.5lbs this week, I felt great before I stepped on the scales, and was fully expecting a loss!

Oh well, it's another week tomorrow!!

RED

B: Weetabix (HEB), Milk (HEA) & Banana
S: Apple & WW Mini Cake (3 Syns)
L: Butternut squash & Ginger soup (free), Muller Light
S: Apple & Seafood sticks
D: Lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms, Bacon & Chicken
S: Muller light (2 syns)

Total:5.5 Syns

RED

L: Vegetable & Ham Hock soup (Carrots, squash, leeks, brocolli, Onion, stock & ham hock), Co-op Chocolate mousse (3.5 syns)
S: Seafood sticks, kettle crisps (7 syns) & 1 tbsp nutella (4 syns)
D: Steak, portobello mushrooms, roasted veg (squash, cherry toms, peppers & onion).
S: Strawberries, grapes & Kiwi

Total: 14.5 syns

Last edited:
RED

S: Grapes
L: Homemade Vegetable & Ham soup, Wholemeal Pitta & FF Cottage cheese and pineapple
S: Apple, Kiwi & Sugarfree Jelly with raspberries (0.5 Syns)
D: Turkey Meatballs & tomato sauce (Nigella's recipe @ 2 Syns), Brocolli & Carrots.
S: Muller light & 2 tbsp Nutella (8 Syns)

Total: 10.5 Syns

Last edited:
Yesterday

Mix 2 Max (Old plan)

S: Apple & Kiwi
L: RED Vegetable & Ham Soup & Walkers squares (5 syns)
S: Muller light & 1 quality street (2 syns)
D: GREEN Stir fry veg, mushrooms, 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce (2 Syns) & wholewheat egg noodles. Sugar free jelly & raspberries (0.5 syns)
S: Wholemeal pitta (HEB), cottage cheese with pineapplee + Kiwi & grapes

Total: 9.5 syns

RED:

S: Apple
L: Homemade Vegetable & Ham soup, Walkers squares (6.5 Syns)
S: Muller light (2 syns) & Kiwi
D: Roasted veg (Squash, onion, peppers & cherry toms) & chicken
S: Sugar free jelly & raspberries (0.5 syns) & Muller light (2 syns)

Total: 10.5

I cant do green days tbh, when I did SW before I had great losses on green days, but now if I do them I gain everytime. So I did a bit of experimenting and realised I cant take high carbs anymore! I swapped to wholemeal pasta/rice carbs as well, its made a massive difference, no more bloating :)

Extra Easy

B: Weetabix (HEB), Milk (HEA), Apple & Yoghurt
L: Salad with Chicken & roasted Veg, Salad cream (2 Syns) & Walkers Squares (6.5)
D: Jacket potato, Tuna, Mayo (5 syns) & salad. Sugar free jelly & raspberries
S: Banana

Total: 14 syns

Well I lost 1lb at weigh-in last night. Would've liked it to be more, but I was wearing jeans & a jumper, and I don't usually, so I weighed my jeans when I got home and they weighed 2lbs, so I'd like to think I really lost more. Guess If I did then it'll show on the scales next week.

Got a hen weekend starting at lunchtime, so going to try and be as good as I can, but I know i'll be on flexible syns for 2 days! Also going to up the exercise next week to try and counter-act the damage from the weekend! I've also got 4 weeks till the monster weekend of my friend's wedding and my Oma's 90th birthday - would really love a stone off by then!

Had a bloody brilliant weekend away at my friend's hen do, although I have yet to syn the following:

1 litre of vodka
Beef Chilli & nacho's
1 fallic shaped pizza
5 cake bars
2 sausages
1 piece fried bread
2 fried eggs (sadly some fatty fried everything in oil!)
2 bacon rashers
Ketchup
Bagel & marg
Pringles
Cadbury buttons
3 Magners
2 fajitas (guacamole, sour cream, cheese, chicken & peppers and onions)
Bacon sandwich
2 sausages
1 mini twister lolly
1 piece sausage tart
1 slice fruit loaf

Body Magic:
1 hour on sing star (can barely talk now)
1 hour on just dance (MJ's got nothing on me, although I can barely lift my wii remote arm now)
30 mins walk (around tesco on a booze run)
Shuttle runs (between the hot tub and the fridge)
6 hours splashing in a hot tub.

Other people were doing the cooking and organising the food, so I didn't have much choice, but I'm not going to beat myself up too much about not sticking to the plan over the weekend. I could, but it wouldn't achieve anything, after all it was my best friend's hen do and definately not how I would eat normally, so I think I can afford to have a weekend off, seeing as one weekend out of the rest of my life really isn't that much.

Got a healthy casserole for dinner tonight, and got to sort my lunch out for tomorrow too so I can get right back on track.

Extra Easy

L: Homemade soup (Ham hock, leeks, spring onions, mushrooms, butternut squash, peas & sweetcorn) & Muller light
D: Jacket potato, Tuna, mayo (4 syns) & salad

Had a bloody brilliant weekend away at my friend's hen do, although I have yet to syn the following:

1 litre of vodka
Beef Chilli & nacho's
1 fallic shaped pizza
5 cake bars
2 sausages
1 piece fried bread
2 fried eggs (sadly some fatty fried everything in oil!)
2 bacon rashers
Ketchup
Bagel & marg
Pringles
Cadbury buttons
3 Magners
2 fajitas (guacamole, sour cream, cheese, chicken & peppers and onions)
Bacon sandwich
2 sausages
1 mini twister lolly
1 piece sausage tart
1 slice fruit loaf

Body Magic:
1 hour on sing star (can barely talk now)
1 hour on just dance (MJ's got nothing on me, although I can barely lift my wii remote arm now)
30 mins walk (around tesco on a booze run)
Shuttle runs (between the hot tub and the fridge)
6 hours splashing in a hot tub.

LOL. I laughed at this post but I'm glad that you had a good time. I hope this week has been good for you. I liked the look of a couple of your recipes so now that this thread has been bookmarked for me, I might come back and have a go at some of them.

I came to see your thread because I have noticed that you have posted so many lovely supportive things over the last few weeks that are sensible and balanced that I wanted to say thanks.

Hope you are having a good week.

Gail x

Thanks hun! Sadly the scales this week showed a 5lb gain, which was nonsense as I got back on plan straight away, so I put it down to water and funnily enough the scales at home the next morning made it look like i would've sts. I've done sw so many times before and I know it works, but this time it's off to a slow start, so i don't even mind what the scales say, i know they'll catch up soon enough!

Must make sure I keep up my food diary- it's so useful for knowing whereI am with the plan"

EE

L: Homemade soup (Masses of vegetables & Lentils), Muller light (2 syns) & Squares (5 syns)
S: Apple & Kiwi
D: Lemon & garlic roast chicken Bake (SW Magazine recipe)
S: Sugar free jelly & frozen raspberries.

Total: 7 Syns

I had the Feta, pepper & spinach filo pie from the recipe book last night and OH MY, that was delicious!!!

What was the lemon, garlic and chicken like ? I got my mag today and it looks good.

Sounds like you are having a good week though.

Gail x

Back