Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Oh good luck for driving lesson! I only passed 2 years ago! Its so expensive and scary but sooo good when you pass!:D!

Good luck for your driving :)

Fancy a buddy for Thursday? I really need to get on track and stay on track! I'm up to 10st 2/3 at the moment :(

x

good luck for your driving lesson Jess! :D you'll love it! xxx

Thought I'd pop in and wish you luck for getting back on track and for your lesson tomorrow. I remember my first driving lesson I didn't want it to end! :O)

how did it go then? :D

Ok so we drove up to Scotland on Friday and it took about 7 hours. The hotel was really nice, right by the sea. I had a full Scottish breakfast on Saturday morning which was yum. Tried haggis which I was very surprised to find I liked! I thought it was going to be slimey for some reason. Friday evening we went to a seaside town (Largs), had the best milkshake I've ever had and some chips. I got 2 battered sausages?! Crazy.

Spent most of Saturday mooching around Glasgow city centre with Adam and bought some yummy balasmic vinegar from Oil and Vinegar.. wish there was one around here! Going to enjoy that with some crusty bread on Saturday. It's free right? Met up with Rach, Sandy and Jen at 4:30ish after watching Marley and Me (I cried). We had some drinks at the Harvester until Rosie joined us. We moved on to a Chinese buffet but I only ate some duck pancakes and one plate?! It made me feel full and bloated which peed me off because I wanted to get my money's worth and felt like eating more but didn't want a stomach ache. I had a nice time :)

Sunday I went to Luss with a friend and Adam. We had a yummy lunch at a pub. My starter was just salad with grilled camembert but it was sooo good. Burger for a main and butterscotch pancakes for dessert. I've eaten so much recently I'm not surprised I've put on half a stone. Easy on, easy off.. right?! :p After lunch we went bowling then chilled out at friend's house.

Driving lesson went well I think, but I don't like driving yet :( It's scary and it feels like I'll never be able to drive well enough to pass. There's just so much to remember. The instructor said I had good pedal control and steering but I was a bit dodgy at gear changing. I actually feel I made more progress in the 20 minutes driving around a carpark with Adam than the 2 hour lesson, so I need to get a car! Adam just told me what to do and I did it where as the instructor makes me do each step at a time, like tells me to do the clutch, then the gas, then gear, prepare handbrake then find biting point each step at a time. I'm not thinking, I'm just doing. Ah well, I know some thick f***s who can drive so if they can do it, I can do it!

Ah well, I know some thick f***s who can drive so if they can do it, I can do it!

That just made me laugh, thanks.

And you are right - you wonder how they managed it. they wouldn't get a license for a dog but they get one for a car!!

Thanks for the lovely compliment in my diary..off to check the others just to make sure you're not just being polite!;)

just popping in.. was your driving lesson good then? i know your post is on this page, but i just couldnt be bothered to read it.. :p LOL

glad you got your interwebs back xxx

its a sign we need to get a life, Jess :(

i was a bad learner !! i'm ok now tho !!!!! would not be without my car. we are car sharing at tho mo til MrB gets his back on the road and the days i dont have it, well its just not right!!

Back