Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Nearly had a binge :(

Sainsbury's just brought my online shop and in it was a free sample of Lindor chocolates! The little box with 4 in. For some reason I decided I was going to eat them and then thought "F-it, I may as well go nuts". I got out a chocolate muffin (5 points, I got them for breakfasts as they're one of the few things that fill me up 'til lunch and more points for breakfast will cut my snacking down) and starting eating it but then I thought "NO!" and stopped. I threw the other half away and didn't eat the Lindor chocolates. I would have eaten 13 points with the muffin and chocolates alone! I had 13 points left so I would have had none left for dinner. I probably would have had more if I'd continued too.

So phew! I still have 10.5 points left after that little moment of weakness.

Well Done on putting a lid on the binge!!!! Looks like a narrow escape!!! :) I don't think i'd have managed to get out of that one x

I know - free chocolate! :D

The point's don't count if you didn't pay for it, right? :p

x

I almost had a binge today too and I am not sure why. I put a lid on it too and had an early tea so feeling ok now but it is horrible to feel out of control.

I am sorry you are feeling a little down at the mo. I remember all to well how it felt to be away from home with people who are just not the same as your usual friends. It gets easier i promise and you have all of us here :)

Chin up mate x

Yeah, I moved school for 6th form, and everyone already had their little groups and it was quite hard to fit in ^.^

So I'm looking forward to uni :) where everyone's in the same boat etc.

x

I almost had a binge today too and I am not sure why. I put a lid on it too and had an early tea so feeling ok now but it is horrible to feel out of control.

I am sorry you are feeling a little down at the mo. I remember all to well how it felt to be away from home with people who are just not the same as your usual friends. It gets easier i promise and you have all of us here :)

Chin up mate x

Aww, that's so sweet :) I've been here for about 15 months now, so I doubt I'll get used to it ;) but only another 15 months 'til I can go back! :) I'm feeling much better now, was just on a downer.

Yeah, I moved school for 6th form, and everyone already had their little groups and it was quite hard to fit in ^.^

So I'm looking forward to uni :) where everyone's in the same boat etc.

x

I was lucky, I went to 6th form with a few friends from school and one of them had a cousin starting so we joined groups. I spent a year in London before moving here and didn't like it there either! I think I'm just fussy :eek:

Come back from the pub quiz! We never win the quiz but we've won about 4 bottles of wine in about 6 weeks. Every week your team name has to be related to a topic they pick and the best gets a bottle of wine. I chose our team's name this week and last and won bottles of wine both weeks! Last week's topic was "worst thing to say to a policeman" but I'm not going to say what I won with because some people might find it quite offensive. I heard him (him being the super hot quiz guy) say "I'm not reading that!" and thought it was mine, but it was a racist one :O This week's topic was something related to the huge 200 foot pink bunny that can be seen from space. I won with (beware, it's crude!) "The only rabbit that can fill an Essex girl". The crude answers always win. The best one someone came up with was about the woman who found a bat in her bra -"Bat walks into a bra and orders a slippery nipple". That wasn't me.

Relating to the wine, another thing that annoyed me (I know, I'm such a grump!) is my friend who's never come up with a name in all of the time we've been (probably 15 odd times) took the bottle of wine my name won home for her parents because she doesn't like red wine? I said the week before she could have the next bottle of wine because me and Adam took it (he came up with the name) but I don't think it's ok to take something you won't even drink to give to people who didn't pay to enter the quiz, didn't contribute to the name.. I love red wine!

I do like to moan, eh!

Last edited:
You'll have to PM me the policeman joke :D

At least it stops you from drinking the wine :p haha.
No nachos this week then? ;)

I love to moan too ^.^ lol.

x

Sainsbury's diet coke = terrible.

It's not coke, it's that 'cola' sorta stuff, bleh.

Back to ASDA's own for me :p

x

1.5lb off :) Still going down.

I keep getting tummy upsets :( I want to go to the doctor but I've moved and the one I'm registered to is 6 miles away. It's really crap anyway, I made an appointment but didn't actually see the doctor 'til an hour after that! Why bother making appointments? Or is that usual and I just had a really good doctor's surgery before? I'm going to try find one near me today, have a wander over and register.

Waiting an hour after your appointment time is definitely not normal - although there may have been some emergency which meant they were running late. They should have told you if that was the case though.

You're probably out of your old GPs catchment area now anyway if you're 6 miles away so best to register with a new one.

While you're waiting for an appointment with the doc, can I suggest you cut out wheat, yeast, dairy and alcohol and see if that helps? If it does, you can reintroduce them one at a time and see which is the culprit.

Hope you feel better soon x

Yeah, that's a good idea :) Thank you Miss-NHS ;)

Glad to hear you got your time off work btw! Enjoy your rest :D Do you live on a boat?

I've been reading up on IBS and I have a lot of the symptoms. On Thursday my stomach hurt so much I cried and someone had to take me home from college :p It was fine after I went to the toilet (I know, TMI). I keep alternating between constipation and the opposite! I've always got tummy upsets easily and my stomach has always been very rumbley and bloated. On the one hand I hope it is that so I can finally work on sorting out a problem that has been bugging me for years but on the other hand I hate the idea of having something that doesn't have a magic cure.

Ouch, yes, sounds like classic IBS. My OH was so ill last year, he was eating Rennies like sweets, up half the night with indigestion every night; finally went to the doc - he was in so much pain I thought he had appendicitis. Doc told him to cut the various foods out and it turned out that for him it was wheat. We eat rye bread now and rice & millet pasta and he's been fine ever since.

Yes, I live on a 60-foot narrowboat - I have the best view in the world out of my window :)

That sounds lovely! I love being around water.

I hope I don't have to give up wheat or dairy! Yeast I could just about cope with. I think fizzy drinks are the first thing that has to go.

Adam's a computer programmer and has been searching for a little project to work on at home (I know, what a geek!). He's finally decided on making a WW program! He's already started on it and it sounds quite cool. I'll be able to put in a recipe and it will work out the points for me. Say if I put in the ingredients for a spaghetti bolognese and it's 9 points, I could say I wanted it to be 7 points and it would work out how much I'd need of each ingredient to make it 7 points whilst keeping the correct percentages. It'll also have a huge list of foods and their cals/satfat for 100g. If I put in 40g plain flour it would be able to tell me the points. I'll be able to save recipes for future reference. I might get him to make it so that it suggests things to change to lower the points in a recipe, like from butter to marg and show how many points it will save. It will also have a regular calculator so if I put the calories and sat fat of say a mars bar it will give me the points, then I will have the option of saving that, and maybe giving it a category so I can build up my own Online Eating Out Guide type thing!

Anything else we can think of will be added. Ideas would be appreciated! If it works then anyone who wants it can have it. At the moment we've noticed that it can sometimes be 1/2 point out from things we've tested with the sliding calculator. Howeeeever, as this program uses the weight watchers formula (thank you Wikipedia) I think it's more a problem with the slider accuracy.

Haha!
My friend made me a WW calculator (shhh...) with a few things pre loaded in, though nothing as fancy as that - sometimes I have to resort to algebra to work out how much of *insert food* is x points. :p

Good job I'm a maths nerd, hahaha.
I also have a WW calculator programmed into my graphical calculator (OK, I'll stop now.)

Yes I found the formula on Wikipedia! :D
You are using the right one aren't you?

I *think* the calories should be 66.6(6666666...) but I'm not sure on that one.
I have that formula memorised, and I'm getting better at dividing by 66 :D

x

Back