JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Market shop

image-2782131837.jpg

That sounds like a brilliant weekend and I bet your mum is missing you, too.

DD has found weddings offer ample opportunities to procrastinate! She's already developing her (their!) theme - I didn't even know weddings have themes - and they're coming up with some ideas as to location even though they don't intend to start planning it until next year. Why do I have the strong feeling that they're going to start planning - seriously planning, that is - sooner than they originally thought?! I have a horrible feeling that DD will turn into Bridezilla - lol!

You certainly got a good haul in the market! One of the things I've found with market fruit and veg is that it tends to be riper than in supermarkets and so needs using quite quickly.

That sounds like a brilliant weekend and I bet your mum is missing you, too. DD has found weddings offer ample opportunities to procrastinate! She's already developing her (their!) theme - I didn't even know weddings have themes - and they're coming up with some ideas as to location even though they don't intend to start planning it until next year. Why do I have the strong feeling that they're going to start planning - seriously planning, that is - sooner than they originally thought?! I have a horrible feeling that DD will turn into Bridezilla - lol! You certainly got a good haul in the market! One of the things I've found with market fruit and veg is that it tends to be riper than in supermarkets and so needs using quite quickly.

I miss her LOADS now but back in a few weekends :)

Hehe I don't think we can help it. The day after we got engaged I had bought a wedding magazine and was thinking about the 'theme' even though our wedding wasn't going to be for over 2 years. I think theme is kind of colour palette and whether something is vintage or gatsby or glam etc and mine keeps changing haha

Yeah I've noticed that with fruit, although currently our supermarket fruit doesn't last either :') xxxx

Morning lovelies :)

Had outdoor bootcamp last night and even though it was tough at the time I could have kept going after! So I'm chuffed thinking I am getting fitter then everyone said the same :') was still a good workout though! (We took over the children's park hehe)

Then did a food shop and was starving so had a slightly off plan tea: soft tacos with mince meat salad cheese and sour cream - not too naughty though. Was STUFFED after!

Eats for today:
B - Strawbs & bloobs; Banana
L - Tuna salad with quail eggs!
S - Mixed nuts; Flax bar; crudités (carrots, cucumber, celery) with homous
D - Chicken and pepper traybake with veg and celeriac chips

Tired today as didn't really get any time to chill last night. Going on a 5k run tonight then pots while we do tea then lunches asap so that we can sit down and chill for at least an hour. Being healthy takes time doesn't it!

xxxx

Congrats on the fitness levels improving. And yes, being healthy takes up a lot of time. I've taken to getting into work at 7:30 so I can leave at a reasonable time, go home and workout, cook dinner and still have time to chill. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

I love celeriac chips! Chuffed they're coming back into season soon so can start using them for red day mash/chips! Yum!

I totally 100% agree about being healthy taking time! I am so lucky to enjoy cooking too otherwise I probably would have given up a long time ago!! xx

Congrats on the fitness levels improving. And yes, being healthy takes up a lot of time. I've taken to getting into work at 7:30 so I can leave at a reasonable time, go home and workout, cook dinner and still have time to chill. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks hun, whether they are or not I feel good :)

It will be :) but it also feels that because it is a lifestyle choice it will always be like this - maybe i'll just learn how to do it more efficiently!

xxxx

Well done on the bootcamp success - that incredible! Your dinner for last night sounds lush. I want tacos now! Maybe I'll have a Mexican night on Thursday...

Are you planning in any stops on your 5k later? I'm aiming for a 5k tonight too so going to have a look for a nice flat route in a minute xxx

It was yummy although I was TOO full

Probably - I would love to do a run without but not good enough yet. I think 3 stops is our aim :) but they aren't proper stops - we keep walking. Ours is a bit terrainy as it is around a lake but it keeps it varied at least ... hmm lol xxxx

Mmm celeriac chips sound yum and a bit diff! :) xxx

Will be good to try them! Might not actually try tonight now but next week as they last longer than some of the other stuff we have bought! xxxx

I love celeriac chips! Chuffed they're coming back into season soon so can start using them for red day mash/chips! Yum!

I totally 100% agree about being healthy taking time! I am so lucky to enjoy cooking too otherwise I probably would have given up a long time ago!! xx

I've seen them in a few places now :) Looking forward to trying them!

Yes me too! I think when you combine it with exercise it really is tough but totally worth it and enjoyable in its own way xxxx

Feeling nervous about the 5k run! Haven't ran that far in a couple of years! xxxx

Eeeek! :D! 5k in 34 minutes with NO STOPS!!!! So so so so proud xxxx

Back