JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Totally get the desire for warm lunches. I think we we be doing soups again soon :) xxxx. That sounds yummy Lil

Not really feeling on it this week. I think it's cos my body is still recovering so I just want carbs and sugar! So I'm sticking to plan with all my meals but not gonna beat myself up about the odd naughty. Then get really back on it next Monday. I'm not not doing it but I'm not going to beat myself up over a chocolate biscuit or two.

Is this sensible enough? xxxx

I totally agree, it sounds like a sensible plan to me!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks girls that made me feel better :)

We had a nice healthy chilli for tea last night all sw friendly with wedges and rice. Then I was a bit naughty and had 2 mini chocolate chips buns and a kinder egg! Tbh that might have got it out my system :)

Eats for today:
B - Banana and protein shake with dark choc almond milk
L - Feta salad
S - Grapes/Bloobs, Almonds, Nakd bar
D - Chicken in a nandos rub with corn on the cob, broccoli and maybe celeriac chips
S - Choc orange mullerlight :)

xxxxxxxx

Even if a couple of naughties slip in, you sound so aware of them that you're not going to let it turn into an all out binge so I'm sure you will be just dandy! How was dinner last night?! Xxx

Thanks darling :)

Beautiful - Becki is really good at cooking sw style! She's doing so well again too so very proud! xxxx

Lil said something the other day that struck a chord - I know how to maintain - and yes I totally do and enjoy the lifestyle I lead whilst doing that. However we are both, James and I, stuck at our current weights. So I'm going to reintroduce slimming world with clean eating until I'm at target. So today would be this:

RED

B - Banana (SF) and protein shake (5) with dark choc almond milk (HEA 1)
L - Feta salad: feta (1/2 HEA 2) homous (6) olives (1) salad (SF)
S - Grapes/Bloobs (SF), Almonds (HEB 1) Nakd bar (5)
D - Chicken (F) in a nandos rub with corn (3) on the cob, broccoli and maybe celeriac chips. Oil for cooking (HEB 2) - EDIT: I don't need oil! So spare HEB unless corn counts?
S - Choc orange mullerlight (F)

So that would be 20 syns haha ;) but just makes me think about if I'm not exercising whether I should be having that many even if they aren't naughty so to speak. Lots of ways to mix them about too!

Tomorrow I'm planning this:

RED

B: Boiled egg (F) Smoked salmon (F?) Spinach (SF)
S: Banana (SF)
L: Roast sweet potato (2) with salad (F) HEA feta, olives (1)
S: Almonds (HEB 1) Nakd bar (5) Grapes/Bloobs (SF)
D: Salmon (F) asparagus (SF) Broccoli (SF) Peas (1)
Post bootcamp protein shake (HEA and 5)

(EDIT: In fact if I change this to EE and don't have the feta at lunch then couldn't the milk be HEA, almonds HEB (I need no oil for cooking this dish) and save syns on the sweet potato and peas? So just 1 for olives, 5 for nakd bar, and 5 for protein?)

Syns: 14? or even 11? That's better :) xxxx

Last edited:
It's tough, isn't it?

I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I definitely am so much healthier than I was before but taking your eye off the ball even the tiniest amount can lead to gains. Look at me over the summer. I was still doing SW every day but with more syns occasionally here and there, mainly in the form of booze or an extra digestive and I had the mentality "oh that will be covered within my syns" without actually counting them. I wasn't doing my fast days, or where I was, I was going over and maybe having 800-1000 instead of 500... again with the mentality "i'm still under so I'll be fine..." Was spinning twice a week, training for a half marathon, doing body pump, walking everywhere cus the weather was lovely... AND BOOM! 10.5lbs on after 2 months.

It is scary!

Granted I haven't been able to exercise lately due to the vertigo but the last 3 weeks I've been doing the fast days again, counting every single syn (even when going over) and making choices like driving to parties/nights out/restaurants... having half a bottle of wine rather than the a full one and then moving on to gin (and losing count)... and 4.5lbs off. It works, but only when you really follow it.

Tasha is the real inspiration. That girl never, EVER takes her eye off the ball, or when she does for an extra few syns in a curly wurly(!!), she fully expects to get a massive gain. I definitely need to be more like her!!

It really is a never-ending battle! xxx

It's tough, isn't it?

I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I definitely am so much healthier than I was before but taking your eye off the ball even the tiniest amount can lead to gains. Look at me over the summer. I was still doing SW every day but with more syns occasionally here and there, mainly in the form of booze or an extra digestive and I had the mentality "oh that will be covered within my syns" without actually counting them. I wasn't doing my fast days, or where I was, I was going over and maybe having 800-1000 instead of 500... again with the mentality "i'm still under so I'll be fine..." Was spinning twice a week, training for a half marathon, doing body pump, walking everywhere cus the weather was lovely... AND BOOM! 10.5lbs on after 2 months.

It is scary!

Granted I haven't been able to exercise lately due to the vertigo but the last 3 weeks I've been doing the fast days again, counting every single syn (even when going over) and making choices like driving to parties/nights out/restaurants... having half a bottle of wine rather than the a full one and then moving on to gin (and losing count)... and 4.5lbs off. It works, but only when you really follow it.

Tasha is the real inspiration. That girl never, EVER takes her eye off the ball, or when she does for an extra few syns in a curly wurly(!!), she fully expects to get a massive gain. I definitely need to be more like her!!

It really is a never-ending battle! xxx

It is definitely tough! So easy to gain and so much harder to lose - but not impossible! It does work well when you really follow SW. I don't want to follow it forever - it is one of the reasons why I moved away from it and I don't like the fact it encourages people to still have chocolate etc (not saying it is bad - I love chocolate - but it isn't good for you to have it every day) and low cal drinks etc - so bad for you, BUT it can help you lose weight. I want to use it again as a tool to do that (I lost over a stone on it) and i've lost about 10lbs on clean eating but lost a lot of fat in particular.

And yes she really is inspiring :) you are too - look at you :) Everyone on here inspires me as we have all been on journeys and really care about getting ourselves, and eachother, healthy

xxxx

I'm re-visiting all my SW books, Food diary's etc tonight and will be looking and including some of the fantastic tips you gave me the other week.
You're my inspiration honey as you've done so well.

Love you millions
xxxxxx

I see SW as a means to an end. There's no way I could be that restrictive for the rest of my life, but I have found that I'm now drawn more towards the healthy foods anyway. When I've reached target, I'll switch to more clean eating and just continue with the exercise (when I get a chance!) I'm hoping that will do the trick but who knows!

And I think you're all inspiring!

Sounds like a really sensible move Hun..,we all
Seem to be in a slightly reflective/time for a shake up mood...I wonder If it's the September 'back to school' vibe!

You defo 100% know how to maintain on the clean eating which is defo something you can follow for life and if sw can give you the edge on which these last few pounds into shape then do it! We're all here to help each other get to whew we want to be and will support whatever way we all decide to get there! (That's what I saw today after all your responses to my switched up weigh day!)

I'm looking forward to seeing you combine the two as I've always loved the sound of your clean eats, so seeing them in sw lenses will inspire me to eat cleaner too! Xxx

I'm re-visiting all my SW books, Food diary's etc tonight and will be looking and including some of the fantastic tips you gave me the other week. You're my inspiration honey as you've done so well. Love you millions xxxxxx

Hope you've made some good food plans tonight be :) I love you xxxx

I see SW as a means to an end. There's no way I could be that restrictive for the rest of my life, but I have found that I'm now drawn more towards the healthy foods anyway. When I've reached target, I'll switch to more clean eating and just continue with the exercise (when I get a chance!) I'm hoping that will do the trick but who knows! And I think you're all inspiring!

Yeah definitely :) I think it does do the trick! xxxx

Well done on your epic time for your obstacle race! You did amazingly!! And I can't wait to see how you manage to incorporate clean eating into SW. They're the two ways of eating that I've lost weight with so I can't wait to see how you get on with the two of them xxx

Thank beautiful girl :) I've sort of tried before but not properly so let's see if it works! Fingers crossed! xxxx

Sounds like a really sensible move Hun..,we all Seem to be in a slightly reflective/time for a shake up mood...I wonder If it's the September 'back to school' vibe! You defo 100% know how to maintain on the clean eating which is defo something you can follow for life and if sw can give you the edge on which these last few pounds into shape then do it! We're all here to help each other get to whew we want to be and will support whatever way we all decide to get there! (That's what I saw today after all your responses to my switched up weigh day!) I'm looking forward to seeing you combine the two as I've always loved the sound of your clean eats, so seeing them in sw lenses will inspire me to eat cleaner too! Xxx

Hehe we do .... Although it's now October ;) hehe
Ooh that's good - been more reason for me to do it then darling xxxxxxxx

Back