JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

You should get on the scan bran wagon to use your hex b! :) sounds ok to me...but if you switched to EE then there still aren't any carby bits in there so why would you?! Have more nuts...or use some oil to cook your fish this evening to use up the hex b?! Xxx

Yay - how exciting about the venue! The views will make for fantastic photos. Hope the church is free on your favoured date.

You've already been given some good tips about today's menu. Can olives be used as a HEx on Red?

Thanks for the HExB advice ladies - I will dig my books out tonight (I have promised the boy some Xbox time tonight) and will think of ways to utilise them. I love almonds etc but we eat them so much we wanted to cut back a little BUT I think we should still at least use them as one HExB. I might use a little bit of oil tonight for the veg - might do some asparagus done with chilli in the grill pan with oil - so yum.

Feeling really excited about it all again - just what I needed xxxx

Your day looks good hun, and I think sometimes taking a break from it all really does get your mojo back :) xx

I think it really can :) xxxx

Feeling a bit hungry so going to have the remainder of my cashews for my rest of hexb when I get in before bootcamp!

Bootcamp is outside in the cold and rain tonight - gonna be cold!!!! Should be fun as always though :) xxxx

I honestly find that some people shock their body into weight loss with a bit of boldness! So nice to hear you excited about mixing up the sw way and the JJ way (Jessy, James!)! I would never even think of using oil, cashews, almonds etc as a heb! Excited to see what else comes up on the menu after reading your books tonight! That's if you make it through a cold rainy boot camp alive!!! xx

I honestly find that some people shock their body into weight loss with a bit of boldness! So nice to hear you excited about mixing up the sw way and the JJ way (Jessy, James!)! I would never even think of using oil, cashews, almonds etc as a heb! Excited to see what else comes up on the menu after reading your books tonight! That's if you make it through a cold rainy boot camp alive!!! xx

Oh Tasha I haven't given details but it was definitely boldness ;)

Think we've got some nice meals coming up!

And yeah just about made it ;) xxxx

I'm sooooooo hungry this morning! Had a Dr appointment and discussed coil or implant (still can't decide) and I've got some localised acne on my back so she is putting me on antibiotics - really pleased as desperate to get rid! Other thing with that is you can't eat after taking it for 2 hours so that will too me having breakfast until about 10 - perfect for reducing morning snacking :) every cloud ...

Eats for today: (Extra Easy)
B - Protein (5) with 200/250ml HExA
L - Roast sweet potato (F) with turkey meatballs (2) and HExB oil (probably a 1/4 of a HExB) and salad (SF) *leftover meatballs from last night which I synned at 3 for me for a quarter because it was morrisons lean turkey)
S - Bloobs and blackberries (SF) Almonds (HExB - having 8 because of the bit of oil potential)
D - Nandos! Butterfly chicken (3) spicy rice (2.5) and corn on the cob (F)

Nutrition wise: All good bar the nandos rice :)

Going to see Gone Girl tonight! Anyone got ideas of any lowish syn sweets? Or I might take in a filter coffee from Starbucks and put a dash of milk in to use up rest of HExA

Happy Tuesday lovelies xxxx

I normally bring a yoghurt with me, a cereal bar from hexb, a diet coke and maybe some weighed air popped popcorn that I make beforehand. I think the sugar free haribo are meant to be lowish syn - you can pick them up in tesco! xx

Thanks Lil :) I don't have a Tesco near but next time!

I've got: Yo yo bears (4 wheels for hexb and have only used half my hexb today as thought could only have 10 almonds, so can have 2 wheels)
Flump x2 (3) Small bag of haribo for James - 3.5
Urban fruit strawberry pack (2.5 each)

Brings today to 18.5 for me and 18 for James but pleased with that :)

xxxx

Thanks Lil :) I don't have a Tesco near but next time! I've got: Yo yo bears (4 wheels for hexb and have only used half my hexb today as thought could only have 10 almonds, so can have 2 wheels) Flump x2 (3) Small bag of haribo for James - 3.5 Urban fruit strawberry pack (2.5 each) Brings today to 18.5 for me and 18 for James but pleased with that :) xxxx
Realised I couldn't have yo up bears as they had pears in (allergic) so I swapped them for the urban pack. This is really stretching splitting of HExs but as you can have 40g of urban fruit as HExB (mine was 35g) I'm classing it as rest of my HExB plus 2 syns! :) xxxx

Last edited:
Date night was fab last night :) I had macho peas instead of corn though so synning 3 for that plus 2 for sauce (strict) bringing yesterday to 22 syns :/ but totally can control them if I have a good Saturday (plan is to be on plan haha)

Gone girl was really good too! Quite discussion provoking!

Eats for today:
B - Protein shake (5) + HExA (200/250ml) EDIT: Didn't have protein shake had banana (SF) instead!
L - TBC! Film lasted ages last night! Think I'm going to get a spud (not the cleanest eating but fine and syn free) with tuna and salad (F and SF) EDIT: Had a spud with tuna and salad (no mayo so F and SF)
S - 10 almonds (1/2 HExB) Bloobs and blackberries (SF)
S - Post run protein shake (5) plus rest of HExA (50ml) plus syn of 150ml (4 syns?) EDIT: Now don't have to syn the extra milk as didn't have a shake this morning!
D - Paella! Cooked with brown rice :) Oil (1/2 HExB) Chorizo (2.5) EDIT: Syns came out as 2 for chorizo, and no oil used

Syns: 16.5 - chorizo night not come to that much as we are having half of dinner for lunch tomorrow too. And not sure if milk is right? EDIT: Syns are now: 7 :D much better! BUT Ihadasliceofchocolatecakewhichihavecalculatedat20synsaslice! Syns: 27 :/

Last edited:
Hehe now that is serious sw/clean eats to the max! How are you finding the combination Jess? Was gone girl good? I've read the book and hoping to take a little trip to the cinema this weekend! Xxx

It's definitely good to think more about what you're eating sw wise (although I still want to argue with some of the concepts) and keeping syns low is tough even though I'm not eating badly. Like today I'm having to syn my protein milk BUT tbf our PT doesn't like us drinking milk anyway .... So they are aligned in that sense!

It was fab (Lil enjoyed it too when she saw it) definitely would recommend xxxx

Congrats on booking the venue, it looks gorgeous! And it sounds like the clean eating / SW combo is working well for you.

What's the plan for the run tonight Jess? I'm getting itchy feet with no exercise last night or tonight. Feeling lazy!

It was a long film wasn't it? I think it's 2hr 25mins long. My poor little MF was so quiet after it, he was completely traumatised! Hahah! It's rare a film is as good as the book but I def think they nailed it this time xx

Wow you doing well with the clean eating. It takes some preparation but you must be feeling great eating so healthy. :)

Congrats on booking the venue, it looks gorgeous! And it sounds like the clean eating / SW combo is working well for you.

Thank you :) I'm having to think more about what I am eating but yes it does feel like it is!! xxxx

Back