JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Back was great and bootcamp was intense with 45 straight of core exercises! My treat for training beforehand though was a free protein shake, no need to join in warmup and no getting yelled at :')

I was chatting to Hannah and she thinks a way for me to tighten up despite my very busy weekends is to eat a competition diet 4/5 days a week! That's very lean protein lots of veg and measured carbs.... So think we're starting that Monday.... And after Monday she wants me to hide the scales as she says they become a bit inaccurate as you build muscle (Ging!!!!) xxxx

Back was great and bootcamp was intense with 45 straight of core exercises! My treat for training beforehand though was a free protein shake, no need to join in warmup and no getting yelled at :')

I was chatting to Hannah and she thinks a way for me to tighten up despite my very busy weekends is to eat a competition diet 4/5 days a week! That's very lean protein lots of veg and measured carbs.... So think we're starting that Monday.... And after Monday she wants me to hide the scales as she says they become a bit inaccurate as you build muscle (Ging!!!!) xxxx

Haha smiled to myself whilst reading this...and also interested in joining you on the lean meats/measured carb idea! Anything to give some damage limitation for the weekends sounds good to me! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Haha smiled to myself whilst reading this...and also interested in joining you on the lean meats/measured carb idea! Anything to give some damage limitation for the weekends sounds good to me! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I'll find out more tomorrow :D xxxx

(oh and confession had KFC for tea as knackered but I took most skin off and tbh was too stuffed and didn't really enjoy - feel like I've learned a lesson there....)

Wow - competition diet sounds super strict. After seeing you smash Whole30, I know you will totally smash it! And I'm sure it will help get you to your perfect wedding dress shape in no time!

Hope you lovebirds have an awesome day today - do you know what you have planned in Harrogate? Are you staying over?xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks lovely :) we had a little lie in and cuddles and decided to have a day in Sheffield instead; over £40 for train tickets for about 5 hours didn't seem quite worth it. So had a lovely brunch and done some shopping and now sat down for a pint :) going for a cream tea in a bit then probably more drinks or cinema and then meal booked :) lovely day chilling with my boy. Hope you're all enjoying that Friday feeling xxxx.

Last edited:
It was a really lovely day I love him so much. The best bit was that we just talked all day :) it really was perfect. Ate way too much though ;)

Going to my auntie and uncle's until tomorrow then back for an afternoon of house work and cooking!

Have a lovely weekend ladies xxxx

It was a really lovely day I love him so much. The best bit was that we just talked all day :) it really was perfect. Ate way too much though ;) Going to my auntie and uncle's until tomorrow then back for an afternoon of house work and cooking! Have a lovely weekend ladies xxxx
Aww sounds like a perfect day glad you both enjoyed your day Xxx

I thought I'd already subbed but clearly I'm stupid so here I am again!

Happy Anniversary xx

Morning lovelies :) my weekend, as often is the case, was off plan but I enjoyed it. Friday was perfect and then we went to my aunt and uncle's Saturday until yesterday and was really good fun :).

Starting the competition diet today! When Hannah first told me it sounded okay and now it seems harder. But if doing this 4/5 times a week will allow me to enjoy my weekends and still tone up rather than staying the same then I'm game!

Eats for today:
B1 (8am) - one Oatabix served with a protein shake and 1 tsp coconut oil
B 2 (10/11am) - 100g sweet potato and half tin tuna
L 1 (12/1pm) - 60g chicken, baby spinach and broccoli, 15g cashews
L 2 (3/4pm) - 60g chicken, baby spinach and broccoli, 15g cashews
D 1 (8pm) - 100-150g salmon, asparagus, spring greens and kale
D2 (9pm?) watermelon and half protein shake

You can replace the lunchtime protein for eggs but then no cashews and can have any lean protein, the same goes for lean protein for dinner but needs to be meat. I put it into MFP and it comes in at about 1,200 kcal before exercise and 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs

Will see how it goes! xxxx

Ooh and I have my beloved bootcamp tonight ;) looking forward to it as per!

Last edited:
Back