Jo Jo will not Yo-Yo anymore!!

Feeling better today all ready, no point in worrying about losing less that I wanted to yesterday. Have started another 100% week and having a red day today as maybe ate too many carbs last week. Tonight's tea is gunna be lean steak, exb of SW chips, mushrooms, onions, roasted swede and may make the SW Yorkshire pudding mix I've been hearing about. Making me hungry thinking about it :)
Trying to keep syns low for the next few days as I'm out Friday night and it's set menu thing so don't have a choice on food, altho I am gunna be careful on how much I eat of it.

Anyhows I have a smiley face today my footy club have appointed a new manager and am finally feeling excited about the new season :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

jo-85 said:
Feeling better today all ready, no point in worrying about losing less that I wanted to yesterday. Have started another 100% week and having a red day today as maybe ate too many carbs last week. Tonight's tea is gunna be lean steak, exb of SW chips, mushrooms, onions, roasted swede and may make the SW Yorkshire pudding mix I've been hearing about. Making me hungry thinking about it :)
Trying to keep syns low for the next few days as I'm out Friday night and it's set menu thing so don't have a choice on food, altho I am gunna be careful on how much I eat of it.

Anyhows I have a smiley face today my footy club have appointed a new manager and am finally feeling excited about the new season :)

Wooo to the hoo! Sounds like a good attitude there chick! Here's to another 100% week!

Ooh, I didn't realise you'd appointed that thick Geordie mercenary, lol. Sorry, but there is a man that will never again be welcome on Wearside. Was awesome for us in his first season, could've gone on to become a club legend. Don't know if you know the infamous Tshirt at Wembley story but he'll never be forgiven. Having said that and got it out of my system, I think it's a great appointment for you and I think he'll do really well. He was being touted around as a potential Premier League manager so here's hoping he will be this time next year huh? He'll get a rollicking welcome back at the SoL. :8855:

Andrea81 said:
Ooh, I didn't realise you'd appointed that thick Geordie mercenary, lol. Sorry, but there is a man that will never again be welcome on Wearside. Was awesome for us in his first season, could've gone on to become a club legend. Don't know if you know the infamous Tshirt at Wembley story but he'll never be forgiven. Having said that and got it out of my system, I think it's a great appointment for you and I think he'll do really well. He was being touted around as a potential Premier League manager so here's hoping he will be this time next year huh? He'll get a rollicking welcome back at the SoL. :8855:

Lol excuse me missus that's one of us your insulting now hehehe! :) i did hear about that story actually yeah and I can imagine he is not so popular in those parts, I would feel exactly the same :)

Yep fingers crossed he will be just what we need, I do think in some characteristics he is a lot like mr hughton altho of course I know he is his own man so to speak. I am excited tho now about the next season and feel a little glimmer of hope that maybe things are starting to look up. U never know he may just be a prem manager next year :) I'm sure he will look forward to coming back to the sol :) x

Friday already where did the week go even ring off work and a little bored the weeks still fly by.

So far a 100 week for me and have been keeping syns low too as I'm out tonight which is a bit scary in itself after only being out the house to go to the docs for 3 weeks, I've even got to sit in normal chairs :0 lol! Food wise, the point im making is that because it's a football thing (10 years since my boys got into the prem league for the very first time :) ) it's a balti set menu meal, so don't know what to do if to eat properly and then just to pick at the food so not to be obvious or to flexi syn altho it may be difficult to know the syns. I do want a loss on Tuesday tho! Alcohol wise should be fine with the painkillers I've been on I can't really drink anyways! Decisions decisions.........

I don't think it matters if you don't know the syn value so long as you're in control. The very fact that you're putting thought into it before you go is a great way to start. I definitely wouldn't be able to pick, not with indian food. If you're not drinking alcohol that will really help too, not just with the lack of syns but you're not likely to get merry and go "sod it I'm going to eat everything in sight" (not that's I'm saying that's what would happen but it definitely would with me, lol).

Pleased you're excited about the new season. I know when MoN came in he really lifted the place and the results were fab. Here's hoping Mr C666k will have the smae effect. I think I'll start getting excited if/when we make a few signings. They all seem to be outgoing at the minute.

Hope you have a great time tonight. x

I second the above comment - just stay in control and eat a normal person type meal - starter main and perhaps a popadum or two! The ony thing I do for a curry is eat what I like for starter and main have boiled rice instead of egg fried and either have popadum or a naan not both but aside from that I eat whatever starter and main I fancy and then right back on plan - no 'oh I had a curry so I may as well eat this chocolate'

I

Andrea81 said:
I don't think it matters if you don't know the syn value so long as you're in control. The very fact that you're putting thought into it before you go is a great way to start. I definitely wouldn't be able to pick, not with indian food. If you're not drinking alcohol that will really help too, not just with the lack of syns but you're not likely to get merry and go "sod it I'm going to eat everything in sight" (not that's I'm saying that's what would happen but it definitely would with me, lol).

Pleased you're excited about the new season. I know when MoN came in he really lifted the place and the results were fab. Here's hoping Mr C666k will have the smae effect. I think I'll start getting excited if/when we make a few signings. They all seem to be outgoing at the minute.

Hope you have a great time tonight. x

Good point well made there would have been a time I would have thought great a perfect excuse to eat and drink what I like so maybe I am making progress :)

Will def try and stick to the no alcohol plan Plus I'm going with my dad and hes not really a drinker so not like going out with mates the main influence is being jn a football fan environment really.

Fingers crossed u guys make a couple of decent signings I really do think with some backing MoN could really take u places x

Emmey1 said:
I second the above comment - just stay in control and eat a normal person type meal - starter main and perhaps a popadum or two! The ony thing I do for a curry is eat what I like for starter and main have boiled rice instead of egg fried and either have popadum or a naan not both but aside from that I eat whatever starter and main I fancy and then right back on plan - no 'oh I had a curry so I may as well eat this chocolate'

I

Control is the key I suppose yep as both u and Andrea have said I just suppose it's a weird concept not one ive always had with food as I just said think in the past this sort of thing would have been a great excuse to eat and drink what I like. I will def go for boiled rice instead of fried and also as u suggested have one side instead of two and try and eat til I'm full not just finish it cuz its there. Also getting back on plan I must make sure I do too it's just too easy to go off the rails x

Thanks ladies I think it's a bit clearer in my head think I was just panicking a little bit tbh, it's the first "test" I suppose since being back 100% and I don't wanna lose the momentum. Gunna hav a Lateish, filling lunch too so I'm not so hungry tonight x

I made it out alive :) and it went ok :)

Was a set menu thingy with a balti and boiled rice portions weren't too big only about half off what an average size portion is from the takeaway and a small naan bread. There were some mini popadoms on the table at the beginning but I just didn't have any of those. For drinks I just had 2 half lagers. So syns wise I worked it out at around about 35 syns which I think is prob an overestimation. With the syns I've had on all the other days this week if I was to be working it out on a weekly syns basis I would be under my syns so I'm feeling quite happy with myself.

As for the night itself it was fabulous got to meet the players from the promotion season and got signatures and have photos taken with them. Was a little starstruck, I loved that team :) there were some good stories from them and chat. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Was straight back on plan yesterday and again was under my syns for the day :) had lovely homemade burgers and SW chips with rocket salad for tea. Looking forward to a lovely SW roast today :)

jo-85 said:

Was a set menu thingy with a balti and boiled rice portions weren't too big only about half off what an average size portion is from the takeaway and a small naan bread. There were some mini popadoms on the table at the beginning but I just didn't have any of those. For drinks I just had 2 half lagers. So syns wise I worked it out at around about 35 syns which I think is prob an overestimation. With the syns I've had on all the other days this week if I was to be working it out on a weekly syns basis I would be under my syns so I'm feeling quite happy with myself.

As for the night itself it was fabulous got to meet the players from the promotion season and got signatures and have photos taken with them. Was a little starstruck, I loved that team :) there were some good stories from them and chat. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Was straight back on plan yesterday and again was under my syns for the day :) had lovely homemade burgers and SW chips with rocket salad for tea. Looking forward to a lovely SW roast today :)

Rocking! Well done Jo!

To use a footie analogy I think you've got this plan in your back pocket Jo. Well done :D xxx

Emmey1 said:
Rocking! Well done Jo!

Andrea81 said:
To use a footie analogy I think you've got this plan in your back pocket Jo. Well done :D xxx

Thanks girlies I was quite happy with myself. Thanks to you two too you both really helped especially with the panicking before I went x

Well 2lbs off for me last night which I was happier with, I suppose it isn't that much more than 1 is it but psychologically it just seems it!! Was planning on staying to group last night for the first time in ages but after waiting for mum to sit in the new members talk the chair was killing my leg so we didn't. 2.5 now needed for my 1.5 stone award seems like I've been waiting for that for soooooo long, also need to finally get thru the lowest weight I've been since being at SW! Fingers crosses it happens next week.

Going back to work tomorrow so hopefully with being back to some normal activity to with a good week should give me a decent loss :) looking forward to going back to work but kinda nervous after being off for So long gunna feel like the new girl again lol! :)

Anyhows off to check my tea im starving got a bit of a cold now been a bit stuffed up today so haven't felt like eating much only had yoghurt do my lunch now my bellys rumbling!!

Laters

jo-85 said:
Well 2lbs off for me last night which I was happier with, I suppose it isn't that much more than 1 is it but psychologically it just seems it!! Was planning on staying to group last night for the first time in ages but after waiting for mum to sit in the new members talk the chair was killing my leg so we didn't. 2.5 now needed for my 1.5 stone award seems like I've been waiting for that for soooooo long, also need to finally get thru the lowest weight I've been since being at SW! Fingers crosses it happens next week.

Going back to work tomorrow so hopefully with being back to some normal activity to with a good week should give me a decent loss :) looking forward to going back to work but kinda nervous after being off for So long gunna feel like the new girl again lol! :)

Anyhows off to check my tea im starving got a bit of a cold now been a bit stuffed up today so haven't felt like eating much only had yoghurt do my lunch now my bellys rumbling!!

Laters

Missed this post! Nice work on the loss Jo! x

Firstly, well done on the fantastic 2lbs loss, that's fab. I know exactly what you mean about the difference between 1 and 2 pounds seeming huge, (well I suppose it is really, a whole pound of fat is a lot to lose). xx

Secondly, thank you so much for you very kind and generous sponsorship. That was really nice of you and I really, hugely appreciate it. Just knowing that I've got the support of so many fab people like yourself is going to see me through it I'm sure. xxxxx

Emmey1 said:
Missed this post! Nice work on the loss Jo! x

Thanku ems x

Andrea81 said:
Firstly, well done on the fantastic 2lbs loss, that's fab. I know exactly what you mean about the difference between 1 and 2 pounds seeming huge, (well I suppose it is really, a whole pound of fat is a lot to lose). xx

Secondly, thank you so much for you very kind and generous sponsorship. That was really nice of you and I really, hugely appreciate it. Just knowing that I've got the support of so many fab people like yourself is going to see me through it I'm sure. xxxxx

Thanku, it'a true a 1lb is a lot to lose it just seems soooo much more!

Your welcome to the sponsorship I'd been meaning to do it for ages and suddenly remembered. Your the one doing the hard work and your gunna do fab :) x

First day back at work for me today was nice to be back actually I had a lovely welcome with hugs from everybody and everybody seemed genuinely pleased to see me altho I felt quite nervous. I am very lucky to have such a lovely bunch of colleagues. Only did 3 hours today and same tomorrow altho that is training and tbh i was grateful to be home was in agony by the time I got home! One of the first thing one of my older, male colleagues said to me when I got in was "you've lost weight haven't u" so that put a smile on my face and made me feel like its all worth it again :)

Talking of which I had a baked bean lasagne for tea last night and night and it was so nice was a bit shocked actually. That will definitely be a keeper. Have steak and trimmings tonight looking forward to it, mmmmmm.

Well done on the 2lb loss and glad you're on the mend!! X

Back