Joanie's back

Well scales didn't move but hey still 2 days to go. I'm seeing how Monday goes and commuting to one more definite week tfr and if the scales don't move back up to a 3lb average on a rolling fortnight then I'm going to refeed and lose that way as if I'm averaging under 2lb a week I think I can do on 2 shakes 1 low carb meal. So the decision will be Monday week.

Was extremely light headed last night like an outer body experience, honestly even had the thought is it a good idea to sleep as I'm not too sure about this. But had a good lie in and not feeling as foul. Still a bit woozy but I don't know if it's diet, discontinued meds or still lingering side effects.

Ah dear poor you I hope you are feeling a bit better today! Definitely possible to lose 2lb a week on refeed I'd say - if all this work isn't yielding better results I understand ur reasoning - and the most important thing is to do what is best for you x

Definitely more like myself but it was evening time before I felt so bad.

Yeah I think 2lb a week is realistic for refeed and I'm not jumping to quickly or anything but since last Monday at this stage I've lost less than that and loss in ketosis can slow down. But in saying that mon or the following could give a woosh that gets me back on track.

Still pretty upbeat as I can feel difference in clothes weekly but still a long way off and there's a few dresses had I been closer to where I thought I would be today I'd def be in them. But we'll just watch this space.

Great stuff - keep her lit!

Feeling a bit pd off this morning, .2 gain. Not sure if my scales are super sensitive or just ready to give up the ghost but I'm tired and sore today and not in the mood to see that.

Might invest in a new set today as I've been thinking about it all week and was going to do it tomorrow if there was a variance between my scales and chemist.

Just read your diary while downing my mid morning shake. Kudos to you for sticking it out so well even tho you feel lousy alot of the time. I have a family member on steroid meds and low platelets and it's not fun. Was life threatening a couple of years ago, but thankfully she's doing really well on the meds. But I know how it feels.
Best wishes.

Just read your diary while downing my mid morning shake. Kudos to you for sticking it out so well even tho you feel lousy alot of the time. I have a family member on steroid meds and low platelets and it's not fun. Was life threatening a couple of years ago, but thankfully she's doing really well on the meds. But I know how it feels.
Best wishes.

Aw thanks. Honestly that's my journey this time learning not to turn to food due to physical discomfort. I do hope the platelet issues are temporary and I feel for your family member.

I'm off the steroids now since June and if I need them I'll go for a depo shot instead of the evil Prednisone as it does as much damage to joints as my immune system. I hope they stay on a good course God love them.

Come a little out of my negative funk this afternoon and bought new scales though I know the others are probably fine:rotflmao:

Anyhow just chilling on the sofa with my wee chick and focusing on getting skinny-/gonna dig out a pic of me at target as inspiration..

Joanie I hope the new scales are kind - I know there's a 2lbdiff withmineandthechemist but ijust do behappy to see those lbs falling daily (i can cope with the weekly increase then)

U are amazing I admire your steadfastness and commitment in this diet u have a goal and u are going for it - my own approach is not as steadfast - be proud of urself u are fab!

So 157.6lbs this morning so 2lb this week. Better than last lol and my scales were fine.

However not so good news on tfr. Took a sore throat and cold last night and chemist has decided that I'm not strong enough to continue tfr until my bloods recover. He has however agreed to me doing 2 shakes a day and a low carb meal sort of a refeed first few days but until I'm ready to go back on. So while I'm a stone away from refeed target I don't really have a choice. Very mixed feelings but he is annoyed I didn't inform him last week of my side effects and feels I need more nutrition to heal the damaged nerves and increase platelets plus fight off the cold lol.

I'm hoping next Monday I can come back on but perhaps I would have made that call anyway then.

Sounds very sensible. Its all about health and that matters most. I'm sure you'll still stay focused on eating a nutritious meal and not fall off altogether. You will have more strength and feel more inclined to excersise. That way you will losw just as much and feel well too. Stay strong and savour each mouthful of the food

Joanie ur health is the most important thing - there is loadsa of time to lose the next stone when u are well - it's not a failure to come off this u have done amazingly well - look after urself first and foremost! Xx

Hey sorry I was too sick yesterday to reply, went back to bed at midday and only made it out again for an hour.

My refeed day didn't go well as I had no taste buds and was nauseated. I managed half a soup and a mouthful of chicken ( was tasteless) tried a couple of bits of peppers and onions and they were lovely. Down to 156.4lbs so within a sneeze of the 156. Not sure if it's because I didn't eat much yesterday and hope it's not a false loss.

Thanks to you all for your support I'm glad we took the call and feeling a little better today. I might take my refeed meal at lunchtime as I didn't eat enough yesterday. Oh but did have a small tin 7up free this morning and was able to take decongestants which was a major upside.

I forgot yesterday to give my target for this week, I'm aiming big with 3.6lbs as I've had 2 small weeks and then I'll be at the 11st mark.

I know I can't wait to be 10 something again and that takes me really close to my next 2 targets which are 2.5 stone loss and getting into the 140s.

I break targets down to mini goals and just focus on the closest one until I reach it otherwise it seems like a lot. I still have about 20lbs to lose so breaking it down to manageable minis keeps me sane!

My refeed is a blooming disaster. The chicken I defrosted for today was off, didn't smell bad but cooked it up took out my portion and was about to mix in the past and sauce for hubby and little one but wanted a taste of mine and it wasn't good at all. Wasn't risking food poisoning so had to put the chicken aside for the dogs and the only other meat was sausage, cooked that up for them. Had a taste of a small end just in case it was my tastbuds but they were fine. Tasted very spicy compared to what I recall. So my salad ( to be fair was just pepper and onion) accompanied some soup.

Going to pick up some lean meat cuts tomorrow and some fish, think lidl needs a wee visit as they have good selection. On the upside stayed on track carb intake wise though not as much protein as would be preferred. But some smart shopping will give me lean back ups which are low carb.

Holy moly I was worried yesterday was a false weigh in with my cold but today I'm 155.2!!!!!

That's a 2.4lb woosh in 2 days so unbelievably actually getting to 154 or a snip under is in reach over the next 5 days. I'm so motivated today and I've an interview tomorrow so perhaps I can even fit in my favourite chocolate suit.

Looking forward to nipping to lidl while little one is in Naiscoil and feeling much more positive, I know my refeed hasn't been textbook but think the food has reignited my metabolism and my chemist did promise me at least 1 week more of tfr as long as I'm above 10st so I've got that if I need it.

Gosh it's amazing what a woosh does for motivation- Id been assuming I'd lose less than 2 a week so it would be Christmas before target but at 2.5lb I could by hubby's birthday end of Nov

Gosh I love lidl, got chicken mini fillets, haddock and Cod. Debated getting duck breast but I'll leave to next week as they aren't that lean. Loads of veg and topped up on sauces etc. Decided not to pick up steak pieces as if I make a stew no way can I avoid so I'll leave that to the weather really turns or my next stint on tfr so I don't dive in.

I'm pretty excited for todays meals- had my morning shake which I finished, having the same eggs today as yesterday now and hoping finally to have lovely Herby roast chicken. Sorry to post so much but just a little bored bow..

Really cool, to lose that much even with real food. What counts is a steely resolve to prepare sensinsible and eat only whats on the plate. Its easier said than done as the metabolism starts running wild and cravings get really strong. I messed twice on refeed.

Hope interview goes brill.

Back