Job interviews/New jobs

odd_sock

Hi All,

Hope everyone's doing well. I've got a quick question. Found out this morning my team at work no longer have a job come the end of April so obviously thoughts go straight to looking for a new job and this is what's got me wondering.

This will be the first time I've been looking for a job since I was diagnosed type 1 (I was diagnosed a few months after starting my current job) my question is when do you tell a potential employer that your diabetic?

I can see that telling them before or during an interview could reduce your chances of getting the job depending on the employer, especially if they have any misconceptions about how much time off diabetics might need. I can also see that it wouldn't be the best start to not tell them until you get the job/start the might feel you've kept it feom them. Very confused x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think it is fine to not mention until a job looks really likely, then I guess you have to be honest as most jobs these days include a medical questionaire at the very least. Good luck in your job hunt.

Thanks Barb. I had a look on the diabetes UK site over the weekend and they advise not saying anything until you've had a formal offer of a job unless asked before then.

Got an interview on Wednesday so fingers crossed x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back