Johnson up day down day diet!

:scale:Woohoo for the 3lbs!:party0038:

:party0011::party0011:Does that mean you are still with us?:party0011::party0011:

Thank goodness for that. Welldone for being good yesterday as I know how easy it would have been to go astray after your disappointment. Do you think you can give up the daily weighing? It may be a good idea.

Dizzy xxx

Yes i am still with you. Will try to weigh alot less.

:sign0131::sign0131::sign0131::sick0019::sick0019::sick0019:These smilies are badly needed today! I went to the cinema to see Pirates of the Carribbean with the kids (great by the way), and on the way, we stopped at the pick and mix market shop for sweets for the kids. I spotted some sugar free sweets and thought 'Ooh, i can have a few of those!' So a got a 100g, and ate them all through the 3 hour long film. About an hour after the film finished, my tummy starting churning, and i have pretty much been on the loo ever since! I am on the loo now! I completely forgot that sugar free sweets often have a laxative effect!

Oh well, shouldnt have gained weight on my UD anyway!
:eek:

Oh, Poor Bex, that is no way to spend your UD! Hope you are feeling much better now.

Love

Feeling loads better thanks Barb, just had a prawn salad and strawberries and cream. Stomach has settled, thank goodness!

I have a bit of a dilemma to sort out for tomorrow. Today is an UD, but i have been invited out for lunch tomorrow with some girlie mates. Being a DD, should i go at all? Go and have something really low cal? Or have 2 UDs in a row, bearing in mind the weekend is coming, and a usually have 2 UDs anyway? :confused:

Hi Bex

:sign0137: Poor you with the tummy trouble. That'll teach ya!

Glad you're still with us. I think you'll be glad you did.

As for your dilemma. You have 500 calories tomorrow. Do you think you can stick within that at lunch? Where are you going? If you eat at lunch will you have the munchies all day?

Personally I'd try and keep it a DD if I was you but you can do another UD as long as you prepare yourself for low weightloss.

What d'ya reckon?:confused:

Dizzy x

If you can go and settle for a green salad and mineral water, then yes, go. If you can't i wouldn't risk it. Unless you want to sacrifice an UD at the weekend? You can do an extra UD if you want but you are really just getting into this and I think the impact on your potential losses might de-motivate you! Just my opinion, but I really wnat you to do this, so I am a bit biased I'm afraid! The equivalent of 5UD's and 2 DD's could wreck the whole thing. Sorry to be a party pooper!
Glad you are feeling better.

Love

It's just another treat day in the beauty therapy dept at the local college, with lunch in the restaurant first. I'm having an indian head massage!

Think i'll take a cd bar, try and just stick to that, but have a green salad if necessary!

Sounds fun!

That's another good thing with this diet on the down days you can have a combination of food and meal replacements because you aren't worried about ketosis it doesn't really matter what you eat just how many calories.

Nice to have that to look forward to tomorrow. Your girls not going to be around then?

Dizzy x

Mum and Dad are taking them out for the day!:D And having them overnight, i have a Body Shop party to go to!

Sounds like a nice day to look forward to for you all then.

Who needs more than 500 calories to have a nice day eh?;)

Dizzy x

Hi

Busy day yesterday - didn't make it on here at all. Wed am weigh-in after DD 11,13 as usual, this morning's weigh-in after UD 12,0 so same as Tuesday morning. Will continue to weigh daily as I find it interesting rather than demoralising.

Will continue to weigh daily as I find it interesting rather than demoralising.

Me too! I lost half a pound again today after yesterday's UD (and after staying the same the previous day). I guess that means I was right about not having had enough water on Tuesday, either that or Body Jam burns a LOT more calories than I realised :D

I am .75lb up on yesterday after a UD. Feel fine with that. I am weighing everyday and recording it out of interest, already I can see a pattern and a downward trend which is great. I am calling Monday official weigh in day and recording that as my weekly loss. Had a good UD, though was so busy all day I did 90% of my eating(oops and drinking!) in the evening!
Still, I really enjoyed it and today is a DD and I am totally up for it. I'm loving this way of eating.
Also, unexpected side effect which may be of interest to ladies of a 'certain age'. I have been suffering with hot flushes a lot for the past few weeks, since starting this plan, none to speak of!!!! That is a definate bonus!!!

This is fascinating and so reassuring. I still feel like I am 'finding' my way with this, and seeing so many of you having consistent successes makes me feel this is the right thing to be doing.

You are right DQ, this is THE thing to be doing. We're very hip and groovy us Judddies(as RD calls us - I love it!).

I am now on day 10 and it gets easier quite honestly. I just love it. I have not felt like this since I was too young to care about what I looked like!

This is liberation from the diet world and I am NEVER going back!

Love

Well, yesterday was a bit odd - was a DD until 6pm, I hadn't yet had any shakes at that point and then my dad decided we were going out to dinner. (He is on hol for 2.5 weeks tomorrow, mum is on hol for 2 months tomorrow, my brother & his fiancée came over & they had just spent the day being busy packing the car etc.). So I suppose I had an ID as RD calls them... Was 11,13 this morning so still went down 1lb. I think today will have to be a calm UD to make up for it. (I would do DD but I got some food out of the freezer - a low cal veg lasagne 275 cals for dinner last night & now it needs using up!)

Anyway, have Fri night onwards on my own & have plans while they're away (mainly to stop me boredom eating): tonight is rebuilding my pc with the win tv card & setting up so I can record tv to the hard drive. Tomorrow is clearing out the shed, since dad will never voluntarily do it & the weather should be nice.

You seem to have really settled into this plan Anja ... it's removed the 'all or nothing' trap we dieters sometimes fall into. You had a few cals more than you expected on your DD - but instead of wringing your hands in despair because you felt like you 'cheated', you were able to calmly make a conscious decision to have an easy UD and even things out. Fantastic!
Have fun clearing out the shed - not something I'd fancy doing in my shed (not without David Attenborough helping to clear out the eight-legged 'wildlife' first anyway!)

Incidentally, I didn't realise you lived in Paddock wood ... hubby works there often (stays in some Travel Inn close by). I dropped him off on his first day so he could pick up his van. I had a nice little tour around the shops and a coffee in a little department store (can't remember the name - but it's a long-established family store) and bought a few bits in the hardware shop up the road.

As always, RD hits the nail right on the head. It is the removal of guilt about eating that makes eating normally possible. I assocaite 'dieting' with deprivation, feeling left out, hunger and unachievable goals(probably because I have never actually achieved them). With Juddding I don't feel any of those things and I do feel I have achievable goals. It's quite a switch for the old mindset, but it's blooming good!
After yesterdays DD (490cals) I am 1lb down on yesterday, so gained .75 on UD, lost1lb after down, I hope by Monday (following 2 UD, Fri and Sat) I will be 1.5-2lb down for the week. I think that is realistic.

Anyway,hope all us JB's have a great day.

Love

Back