Johnson up day down day diet!

Could be the answer for me too RD, i gained 6lb over the weekend with binging, but i am not as brave as you! I use cd as my crutch too much!

I think that's my problem Bex ... I binged my way to a 7lb gain since Thursday because I knew I was going to be SSing again on Monday: this 'feast and famine' mindset has to stop!

I don't mind being a guinea pig ... (better than being a greedy pig! ;) ). Keep a watchful eye on how we Judders do over the next week or two. One day of SS followed by one day off seems a good half-way house for me.

I'll be honest - if it's too difficult or the results are pants I'll say :)

Excellent, I really hope it works for you RD as, in principle, it would suit my lifestyle alot more than cd, so if you get good results, i will give it a try. Fingers crossed for you!

One question though, there are 7 days in a week so will you always do ud dd ud dd, or will you try to keep the same days every week as dd's? The reason i ask is i know Saturdays are pants for me. I would happily ss sunday and monday if i knew i could eat on sat!!

]
One question though, there are 7 days in a week so will you always do ud dd ud dd, or will you try to keep the same days every week as dd's? The reason i ask is i know Saturdays are pants for me. I would happily ss sunday and monday if i knew i could eat on sat!!

The idea is to do UD, DD, UD, DD, but Dr Johnson said it was okay to do DD on Mon, Wed, and Friday, leaving the weekends, Tue and Thur free.

I know...I asked him myself
Proud.gif

I found out about it a while ago, and decided to 'research' it earlier this year. Was worried about losing my Christmas excess:eek:

Thought it was quite a sensible way to go compared to many other diets.

I guess we need choices to work out the one that will suit us the best.

Wow Karion, friends in high places! I am going to try to stick to alternating days but if the weekend is too tricky or socially busy then I may allow myself 2 UD in a row but I really want to stick to it completely for the forst 2 weeks as he make sthe point that that is when the body is amking all these interesting adjustments.

Bex, I can't thank you enough for your post on this subject, I feel like you have given me one last chance to really sort myself out.
I look forward to posting some good results!

Love

I just re read your post Bex and see that KD introduced this subject to you! So thanks to you both!

Love

You are so right DQ, I haven't felt like this for a very long time. Debbie and I have beern struggling for what feels like ages, she has acheived an incredible weight loss but I think she has had enough of SS. This plan will fit right in for her and me. I have quite a hectic social life and often eat out, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week, I don't want to give that up and now I don't feel like I have to. I can lose the weight steadily and still have a life, celebrate when everyone else is celebrating instead of feeling deprived and grumpy!

Thanks for the encouragement and watch this space for results!

Love

Bex, I can't thank you enough for your post on this subject, I feel like you have given me one last chance to really sort myself out.
I look forward to posting some good results!

Love

You're welcome Barb, good luck with it, look forward to reading about your results!

KD, or anyone else, do we have any info about predicted losses on this diet? Say, on an average week?

You are so right DQ, I haven't felt like this for a very long time. Debbie and I have beern struggling for what feels like ages, she has acheived an incredible weight loss but I think she has had enough of SS. This plan will fit right in for her and me. I have quite a hectic social life and often eat out, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week, I don't want to give that up and now I don't feel like I have to. I can lose the weight steadily and still have a life, celebrate when everyone else is celebrating instead of feeling deprived and grumpy!

Thanks for the encouragement and watch this space for results!

Love

I may be doing more than 'watching' this space!!! Am cyber-searching as we speak, and may be joining you!! :D

I think the blurb on the Johnson website said an average of 2.5lb per week .... 10lb per month would do me nicely: I'd be at goal by Christmas :)

Yippee, the more the merrier! Still feel very excited, bit hungry though! I guess that is one advantage of joining from CD, you are used to 500cals a day, I admit I am not!

Still, I plan to be very creative with low cal veg etc and make sure I keep within that 500 limit!

Love

HI All,
Thanks Barb for pointing me in this direction i am gonna give this baby a whirl , sounds too good to be true but the proof will be in the pudding (but only on an up day ;) !)

I must go research this a bit more i will surely f**k it up :rolleyes: !

Feeling inspired and excited whooohoooo
:devilangel: up day down day rules !!!!!!!!
XXXXXXXXXX

I am almost afraid to type this, but please can I join you? I am so fed up with myself and have so little faith in my ability to stick to anything :( . BUT this sounds so do-able - maybe too good to be true as another poster said, but we'll never know till we try, hey?! I have had so many CD day 1s (and 2s, 3's some times up to 14's then CRASH, binge, depression etc etc, a familiar story I know!).

If this really works ..... wow, I feel hope for the first time in ages, a bit excited too. Now I just need to feel the fear and do it anyway :D !! So can I please join in and post my progress, maybe not every day, but fairly regularly?

Good luck to all, and thanks very much for posting about this.
SM

Welcome aboard SM :)
This is new territory for all of us embarking upon the JUDDD but we'll never know if it's the way forward if we don't give it a go eh?
Are you starting with an UP or DOWN day? I've done my first day (down) and am about to start my first 'Up' day tomorrow.

Hi RD,
Thanks for the welcome. As today was definitely an Up Day :rolleyes: (cough!) I guess I'll be starting tomorrow with a Down Day. Quite looking forward to it actually! I'll let you know how I get on. Must get to bed now, tho' whether or not I'll sleep I don't know, as my head is buzzing with JUDDDD!:D Nite Nite.
SM

Back