Johnson up day down day diet!

That's why I thought I'd give this a go. The way things are going, I seriously think I'm heading for an eating disorder. Binging then sole sourcing to put it right isn't the way to go. I was actually binging on <wait for it> cottage cheese ... I wasn't eating 'proper food' because, being on SS 'I wasnt supposed to be eating' so when I did, I ate only cottage cheese ... mad I know but there's twisted thinking for you!

I gained 3st in three months so you can imagine the quantities I was getting through (low fat but a kilo per day spread over three meals). Even so, that barely came to 1200 cals so, of course, now I'm thinking I can't possibly lose weight eating 'normally'. My whole life is now dominated by food / no food / weight loss / gain / guilt ... it's barmy!!

If I can just learn to eat a meal and not feel guilty about it ... if I can only break the 'food is bad' mindset and STILL lose a bit of weight then that's got to be a good thing. God I hope this works ... I don't know where to go from here!! :(

I think that is the whole point of this diet - it is going to reset your personal hard-drive and make your body work 'normally'. I think all the dieting that most of us have done over the years has had a profound affect and we cannot expect to keep doing it forever. I think this diet is so radical it's sane!

I am on an up day; I have had tea and 3 ginger biscuits, a slice of bread with some cheese and tomato and a PACKET OF MARMITE CRISPS (YUM). A chocolate ripple bar, a glass of pineapple juice and another cup of tea and 3 custard creams!!! Oh and a few glasses of water.I don't know what the cals are and I don't want to know. The whole point is to be free, I don't feel like I've stuffed myself and I am looking forward to the challenge of a down day tomorrow. One thing I am sure of is I am not going to allow myself to turn the up days into down days by trying to eat less that i want.

I am not saying i am going to eat everything in sight but I tell you what, knowing I could have six custard creams if I wanted made it easy to stop at three, so Debbie you are definately onto something there. If the fruits not forbidden (or in my case biscuits) then it loses some of it's charm!

Food for thought!!!!

Well done Bex, I am glad you are going to go with the flow and give this JUDDDERING a real go - I really hope it works for you and all the rest of us too!

Love

It's great to see you guys in such good spirits. Our emotional state is so important.

I understand RD's realisation that a real eating disorder might have been looming! I was feeling guilty about every morsel that passed my lips. And the thought that I'd regain a ton of glycogen if I lost control and binged used to worry me, sick.

I think anyone going straight from SS to this diet would gain, and fast. But if you've been overeating it should work well. It has to be better than obsessing about starving, and failing!

I'm inclined to agree GG ... anyone coming straight from SS will probably experience a glycogen gain so really, it should be given a couple of weeks to give it a good test.

I'm not expecting anything 'amazing' on the scales by the end this first week but even a pound would be great - because I've convinced myself I CANNOT eat and lose weight. A downward turn on the scales - no matter how small - would help turn my thinking around.

Well my up days this week will be tonnes more "up" than anyone else has posted yet.
Have had 2 slices toast with butter & jam, a cheese & salad roll with fruit & 2 activia yoghurts & then Indian (veg curry, rice, naan etc.). Also 2 little cakes which I'm not very happy about. Mum is making little rice krispie cakes for a church function & wanted me to compare 2 types. What I am angry about is that she knows I loathe marshmallows & refused to tell me what was in the cakes before I had them & then gloatingly told me the one I liked best was marshmallow & apricot BUT I'm Veggie & they've got gelatine in which I knew & she didn't! I HATE eating it by mistake but she let me do it knowing that I wouldn't otherwise! There's no smiley on here for wanting to throw up! :jelous:

Glad to hear that everyone is going well.

What with losing & gaining the last few weeks I have lost 4lbs in a month so 1lb a week at least would be good. I will however continue my daily practice of weighing so will be monitoring the fluctuations as well as a weekly weight.

(For future reference I will try NEVER to have bread 3 times in one day, even if it was 3 different types!)

Good luck to all us JUDDDers!

News alert! My Mum is interested in doing JUDDD, so keep a look out for a newbie to Minimins and JUDDERS! (Her name is Laura, and she has just got internet access!)

News alert! My Mum is interested in doing JUDDD, so keep a look out for a newbie to Minimins and JUDDERS! (Her name is Laura, and she has just got internet access!)

OMG Bex

I don't know whether to be excited or horrified!:eek:

Dizzy x

Just had a couple of chicken legs, salad and sugar free jelly with ice cream! Also had a couple of milky cappucinos made with my new frothy maker, bought especially for cd shakes! At least it will still get used on JUDDD!

Hmm, just got back from a lovely chinese with my DH, enjoyed duck, mains, wine and came home full and happy. looking forward to a DD tomorrow.

This diet is fun!

love

Well, i weighed myself this morning after an up day (just like you're told not to) and i've put on 1/2 a pound! And i ate Doritos last night! I don't think I denied myself yesterday, ate what I needed and a little bit of what I wanted, certainly didn't over indulge but probably ate more than I would have done if I wasn't doing this 'thang'.
I'm quite comfortable with this, and am ready for my down day :)
kate

Had you been ssing Lily? You may have a small gain first with the glycogen stores filling up again. It may take a week or two to settle down again.

I had a good up day yesterday, and feel ready for my down day. I too got on the scales this morning (naughty , i know, i must get out of the habit), but i have lost 1lb! So i am quite chuffed!

I am starting to think this may work! I want to start thinking long term about this diet, i think i may be able to do it forever!!

Had you been ssing Lily? You may have a small gain first with the glycogen stores filling up again.

It's very normal to put on weight on the UD. You can just hope that over the course of the week it still leads to a loss.

People do plateau though and there comes a time when you have to watch your UD's too. Dr J says you don't need to watch your UDs too vigorously at the beginning. Many people forget to read that bit.I believe most plateaus after the first couple of are caused by too big an UD.

I also wonder whether people on the other board count things like milk. They say what they eat on a DD, and you can betcha bottom dollar that some are forgetting to add the cals in milk. 1/2pt skimmed milk in teas and coffees throughout the day is 100 calories. Thats a fair chunk of the day.

When it comes to weight loss, there is nothing magic in the diet. If you take 500 cals one day, and 2,000 on the next, you are having 1,250 cals a day on average which should lead to a weight loss. It's just that a lot of people find it easier to take their calories this way (the all or nothing syndrome) and you shouldn't experience a change in the metabolism (huge plus!)

An UD in general means you can eat what you want. For the majority of people dieting, this would mean eating your maintenance calories, or maybe a couple of 100 over.

Unfortunately, there are some people with big weight issues and 'eating what you want', means eating as much as you possible can without throwing up everywhere:eek:

This is the reason why I couldn't do this diet....well I think I'd struggle with it.

I think the magic of the diet isn't so much with the weight loss it can give, but the health benefits that you get from it. Lower blood pressure, reduced symptoms of asthma/allergies, improved insulin resistance etc.

I think it's a diet that you need to enjoy, and the weight loss is the icing on the cake;)

They say if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, and I think that applies to this diet like every other diet. They do work, but rarely effortlessly.

It's lovely to see the enthusiasm on here, but just be aware that it might not all be plain sailing;)

Best of luck all you Juddders. I'm almost envious of you;)

Hi JUDDDERS

Had a good UP day yesterday - the biggest battle I had was to dump the guilt at eating 'non-diet' food ... that might take a little time.

However, seeing a LOSS of 5lb on the scales this morning went a long way towards helping me to lose that guilt ;)

Have a good day, whether you're on and UP or DOWN! :)

mm interesting just calculated 2544 cals on up day and 509 on down day can i do cd on down days and eat on up days ??

mm interesting just calculated 2544 cals on up day and 509 on down day can i do cd on down days and eat on up days ??

That's how I'm doing it Kitty ... three CD packs on my DOWN days and normal food on the UPS. That way I know I'm getting good nutrition all round. :)

I agree with Karion, the health benefits are the exciting thing. If my asthmas improves it means I stay off steroids and that means everything to me. The weight loss is a wonderful bonus and I definately view this as a plan for life. I am going to give it 100% effort and I am very excited about the whole thing!

Good Luck to all my fellow JUDDDERS!

Love

That's how I'm doing it Kitty ... three CD packs on my DOWN days and normal food on the UPS. That way I know I'm getting good nutrition all round. :)
do you do 1 up day 1 down day etc ??

Back