Jon's Refeed Diary

dunlop73

Silver Member
Hello!
Today is my first day of refeeding after 5 months on LT and having lost 6st 4lbs. I've got another 8lbs or so to go to get to my goal so hopefully once I get into this eating lark I can shift the last bit whilst refeeding.

Any comments advice or help will be really gratefully received 'cos I'm very nervous to be facing my food demons again.

Here is what I'm having over the next few days:

Day 1
Breakfast - LT Vanilla mousse
Lunch - LT Strawberry shake
Dinner - 6oz chicken (oven baked with pepper) and a green salad with balsamic vinegar

Day 2
Breakfast - LT Chocolate mousse
Lunch - Tin of tuna with a salad of lettuce and tomato
Dinner - 6oz chicken with 2 tblsp green beans/broccoli

Day 3
Breakfast - LT Vanilla mousse
Lunch - Chicken salad
Dinner - Cod fillet (baked with herbs) with 2 tblsp vegetables and a small baked potato topped with low fat yoghurt & fresh herbs

Day 4
Breakfast - LT Strawberry shake
Snack - toasted bagel with very low fat Philadelphia
Lunch - Tuna salad & fruit portion
Snack - Fruit portion
Dinner - 4oz pasta & very lean mince with in a tomato & herb sauce, then a low fat yoghurt with fruit

That will take me to the weekend when I can go shopping again!
Please let me know what you think.

Jon

Sounds delish! Enjoy your first meal, you so deserve it xxxxx

Good luck, I will be avidly reading xxxx

Wow - haven't eaten in the morning for months and feel bloated after my mousse, but got to work and had a cup of tea with skimmed milk. Loved it!!

I'll report back tonight after my meal.

Jon
xx

Nice one Jon

that sounds just like the menu i'll be following this Friday onwards!!!

i'm on target for the refeed start so i'm gonna cheat and use your menu!! but that's what its all about sharing ideas and working at it together as a group!!!

thanks again pal for the support and encouragment you've given to me and the rest of us and you are a shining example of success!!!

Jay ;) (2 n a half more days to go!!!)

Whooo! Welcome back to the world of food my sweet :)
Hope you enjoy your first day.

All looks great besides day 4.
A bagel for a snack? Id try to avoid that if possible and have fruit for snacks and add the 'carbs' into your main lunch to help avoid snacking.

I would only have your snacks if you genuinely need them. Dont just have them cuz you are allowed.

But yep, other than that all looks good :)

Oh and one more thing :banana dancer: whoooooooooooo well done on your weight loss - fanbloodytastic :D :D :D xxx

No problem Jay. All the best with your last couple of days. Hope you're looking forward to refeed. How long will you do, and have you any plans for maintenance?

Just had my last lunchtime LT shake and feel full again.

Jon

Whooo! Welcome back to the world of food my sweet :)
Hope you enjoy your first day.

All looks great besides day 4.
A bagel for a snack? Id try to avoid that if possible and have fruit for snacks and add the 'carbs' into your main lunch to help avoid snacking.

I would only have your snacks if you genuinely need them. Dont just have them cuz you are allowed.

But yep, other than that all looks good :)

Oh and one more thing :banana dancer: whoooooooooooo well done on your weight loss - fanbloodytastic :D :D :D xxx

Thanks love. I was a bit dubious about the bagel - but in the LT blurb it says on day 4 to include 2 slices of bread or a pita or a roll or a bagel. I was just being me and trying to stick to the rules. Would I be better leaving it out do you think?

Also do you think the snacks would be better tacked onto meal times to avoid getting into the habit of eating between meals? Don't want to start grazing again.

Jon
xx

Thanks love. I was a bit dubious about the bagel - but in the LT blurb it says on day 4 to include 2 slices of bread or a pita or a roll or a bagel. I was just being me and trying to stick to the rules. Would I be better leaving it out do you think?

Also do you think the snacks would be better tacked onto meal times to avoid getting into the habit of eating between meals? Don't want to start grazing again.

Jon
xx

There is no really right or wrong way with snacks, just have them if you really need them.

The day 4 bread/pitta/bagel thing, id be inclined to have it with my lunch to not get into a habit of snacking on a bagel.

I used to have my biggest meal at lunchtime (still do!) and after id have an apple with a LF Yog poured over the top - kinda like afters but almost classed as a snack, if that makes sense! lol

But you do what you feel best my sweet :) x

Right - I'll have the bagel with the tuna & salad.
Thanks for the advice Tanya.

Jon
xx

Well - just had my first meal and I loved it. The balsamic was lovely.
It took me about half an hour to eat it, but I really enjoyed it and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week!

Jon
xx

Wooohooo Jon!

I'll be stealing your menu! (without the snacks) Thank you. Your menu sounds delicious. Mmmm even saying balsamic vinegar makes my mouth water! I often smell it when in the kitchen.

Do you feel full?

This is probably a really blonde question but what do you class as 'green salad'?

This is probably a really blonde question but what do you class as 'green salad'?

Two leaves of Romaine luttuce shredded, and half a stick of celery all dressed in a bit of the vinegar. I put some pepper and a tiny bit of salt on the chicken before baking it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Jon
xx

Argh mouth watering! Maybe I shouldn't read your diary!

Sounds delicious. How do you feel?

yayyyyy! so happy you liked it..everybody seems to love the balsamic vinegar when they come off tfr lol! so glad your doing well and best of luck for the rest of this week..yumyum :) x

Jon, dinner just sounds delish. Hope you savoured every little morsel.
You mentioned about snacks as to whether to have them with meals or between meals. I think I would have them between meals to keep blood sugars level. Just in a GL type approach of maintaining sugar levels and thus avoiding feeling peckish.
Anyway, I am sure you will find what suits you best. I'm glad the day has gone so well for you.

Right - I'll have the bagel with the tuna & salad.
Thanks for the advice Tanya.

Jon
xx

No problem my sweet :)

Well - just had my first meal and I loved it. The balsamic was lovely.
It took me about half an hour to eat it, but I really enjoyed it and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week!

Jon
xx

Whoooooo!!!!!! Glad you enjoyed your first meal! Surreal experience dont ya think? I found it weird using a knife and fork again! :rotflmao:

How is day 2 going? xxx

It was surreal! I felt a bit guilty eating in a way: it's been a no-no for so long it felt very odd, but I really enjoyed the taste.
Had my lunch at about 1 today and again found it a bit of a slog to get through. I enjoyed it though (tomatoes with a drizzle of balsamic are beautiful!!).

I'm looking forward to planning my weekend menus soon! I'll have a look here and steal a few ideas too.

Jon
xx

Back