Jon's Refeed Diary

I'd be delighted also, you've done so well Jon, and I'm really glad you enjoyed your hols! I booked to go for 2 weeks to Florida on 3 December, can't wait now. I've been 5 times previously, but the last time I was the biggest I've ever been - the humidity nearly killed me, plus I felt totally paranoid that I wasn't going to fit in the seats on the rides, hopefully this year, I won't need to give it a second thought!
Well done!

I love it there, but we always go at Easter because in the past the heat has really made me feel uncomfortable. This time though it was great - I LOVED the heat and got in a swimming pool for the first time in 30 years (with a T shirt on, obviously - didn't want to frighten the niece & nephew with my melted stomach).
You should really look forward to it - 'cos your new slim bod will make you feel even more wonderful. We're already planning another trip for 2012.

Take care Dunders - hope you're feeling better now.

Jon
xx

Hey Jon, how are you doing? You aint been around in a while :)

Hi Tanya
Still around, just lurking though. I'm finding it a but tough at the moment tbh. I'm sticking to plan but not losing anything - just hovering around the same weight. My pharmacist says I should be satisfied with maintaining, but I really wanted another few pounds off. I'm doing quite a bit of exercise (and enjoying it) but the scales are being bloody stubborn.

Moan over. Back to lurking.

Glad you're doing so well lovie!

Jon
xx

:giggle:

Glad to hear you are doing ok, and hey maintaining is fab! Atleast its not going up!!! :D xx

Hi Jon,

How you getting on sweetie? It's absolutely bloody brilliant that you are still maintaining! You've certainly cracked the eating/exercising mystery.

Are you still drinking the water?

X

Hi Jon,

How you getting on sweetie? It's absolutely bloody brilliant that you are still maintaining! You've certainly cracked the eating/exercising mystery.

Are you still drinking the water?

X

Hi Betsy
Yep. I get through 3 or 4 litres a day. I'm trying to stick to 1300-1600 cals a day (although sometimes it's a bit higher....) and I'm doing what exercise I can: I run 1.8 miles 3 or 4 times a week, use the exercise bike on days when I don't run and walk as much as I can (aiming for 10k steps a day).
My weight is stuck at 172-174lb and I guess I'll have to be happy with that for now. Hopefully I'll lose a bit with the liposuction that should come in early summer.

You're doing great on your refeed too lovie! I know I'm not saying much here right now, but I'm lurking when I can. Really busy time at work and home now, but I'll be back putting in my twopenneth when I can.

Love
Jon
xx

Hi Betsy
Yep. I get through 3 or 4 litres a day. I'm trying to stick to 1300-1600 cals a day (although sometimes it's a bit higher....) and I'm doing what exercise I can: I run 1.8 miles 3 or 4 times a week, use the exercise bike on days when I don't run and walk as much as I can (aiming for 10k steps a day).
My weight is stuck at 172-174lb and I guess I'll have to be happy with that for now. Hopefully I'll lose a bit with the liposuction that should come in early summer.

You're doing great on your refeed too lovie! I know I'm not saying much here right now, but I'm lurking when I can. Really busy time at work and home now, but I'll be back putting in my twopenneth when I can.

Love
Jon
xx

Lovely to hear from you Jon!

You're doing great with both the exercise and the eating. You're playing everything by the book. There are always a last few stubborn pounds that refuse to budge! If they bother you would you not consider a week of the refeed menu, of a maintenance week to see if that would shift it?

As you said I'm sure they will disappear along with the liposuction. Have you got a date for that yet? I'll be so interested, as my Doc asked me to come and see her a couple of weeks ago about my skin. I went and she is so proud of my loss. She told me that I have saved the NHS thousands of pounds by losing the weight I have. She listed off such a huge list of diseases/ conditions I will have avoided by losing. I was astounded by how many! I am so lucky I'm not in a graveyard!

Anyhow, she has a friend who is a plastic surgeon. She asked to see my skin, so I stripped off, she then said that because I have saved the NHS so much money she would recommend that I have everything I want nipped and tucked and perfect. I was flabbergasted! She said she would write him a long letter, telling him my story, and there should be no problem having everything done. She also said if there were problems she would fight to the death for me haha. So I'm awaiting an appointment to see the plastic surgeon, see what he thinks and take it from there. Oh I had to promise her I wouldn't lose anymore weight!

So, I'll be so interested in your experience Jon. Please let me know how you get on.

I know what it like to be busy! I try my best to log on when I can. Keeping the diary is really helping me at the minute. Reading other people's opinions, thoughts and experiences helps so much.

xxxx

Pretty much the same happened to me - I went to the Doctor's once I finished TFR and I was referred to a plastic surgeon. She said that they would start the surgery once I had maintained for four months - which takes me up to early July. It will take 18 months - 2 years and I will probably have to have 2 or 3 operations starting with liposuction, and then 6-8 months later some skin tightened up.
Let me know how you get on when you get your appointment. It will be great to compare notes.

Jon
xx

Hi guys
Just a quick update - I managed to lose a couple of pounds this week inspite of spending Saturday lunchtime in Harry Ramsden's......
I'd been looking forward to fish & chips as a treat but I didn't really enjoy it - not 'cos of any guilt, but I just didn't like the taste as much as I used to. Maybe that's a breakthrough!!
Anyway, I did loads of exercise to make up for it as much as I could.

Hope everyone is doing well. I hope to be around more again soon.

Jon
xx

Well done Jon.
Glad to have an update from you and to see you are doing well :) xxx

Hi Jon

Well, I am not surprised you are doing brilliantly! Didnt expect anyless less from you :) What a star you are!!!!!!!!!! Well done and it is great to catch up with your diary!

Jon, glad you are doing well. I agree with you about foods not tasting the same. I find I have no appetite for a lot of things I loved before LT. Hopefully, I will feel like that for a long time to come!!!

Hello!
Today is my first day of refeeding after 5 months on LT and having lost 6st 4lbs. I've got another 8lbs or so to go to get to my goal so hopefully once I get into this eating lark I can shift the last bit whilst refeeding.

Any comments advice or help will be really gratefully received 'cos I'm very nervous to be facing my food demons again.

Here is what I'm having over the next few days:

Day 1
Breakfast - LT Vanilla mousse
Lunch - LT Strawberry shake
Dinner - 6oz chicken (oven baked with pepper) and a green salad with balsamic vinegar

Day 2
Breakfast - LT Chocolate mousse
Lunch - Tin of tuna with a salad of lettuce and tomato
Dinner - 6oz chicken with 2 tblsp green beans/broccoli

Day 3
Lunch - Chicken salad
Dinner - Cod fillet (baked with herbs) with 2 tblsp vegetables and a small baked potato topped with low fat yoghurt & fresh herbs

Day 4
Breakfast - LT Strawberry shake
Snack - toasted bagel with very low fat Philadelphia
Lunch - Tuna salad & fruit portion
Snack - Fruit portion
Dinner - 4oz pasta & very lean mince with in a tomato & herb sauce, then a low fat yoghurt with fruit

That will take me to the weekend when I can go shopping again!
Please let me know what you think.

Jon

What an inspiration!! Amazing Mate!! Well Done.

Hello!
Today is my first day of refeeding after 5 months on LT and having lost 6st 4lbs. I've got another 8lbs or so to go to get to my goal so hopefully once I get into this eating lark I can shift the last bit whilst refeeding.

Any comments advice or help will be really gratefully received 'cos I'm very nervous to be facing my food demons again.

Here is what I'm having over the next few days:

Day 1
Lunch - LT Strawberry shake
Dinner - 6oz chicken (oven baked with pepper) and a green salad with balsamic vinegar

Day 2
Breakfast - LT Chocolate mousse
Lunch - Tin of tuna with a salad of lettuce and tomato
Dinner - 6oz chicken with 2 tblsp green beans/broccoli

Day 3
Lunch - Chicken salad
Dinner - Cod fillet (baked with herbs) with 2 tblsp vegetables and a small baked potato topped with low fat yoghurt & fresh herbs

Day 4
Breakfast - LT Strawberry shake
Snack - toasted bagel with very low fat Philadelphia
Lunch - Tuna salad & fruit portion
Snack - Fruit portion
Dinner - 4oz pasta & very lean mince with in a tomato & herb sauce, then a low fat yoghurt with fruit

That will take me to the weekend when I can go shopping again!
Please let me know what you think.

Jon

Ahh I miss ole Jon not being around dishing out
the sensible advice.....:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Infact any newish members should have a quick look thru this thread at
older members profiles who have huuuuuuuge losses such as
dunlop/Betsy/Irish-molly/Bestboy etc etc :cool:

Hi
I'm still here! I've managed to maintain my weight through the summer and am still counting the calories and exercising to keep it all in check. It's not always easy but it is becoming "normal" to me now.
I still use myfitnesspal.com most days ;-) and have my next appointment with the plastic surgeon later this month to find out about the onsite rubble removal.

Jon

Jon, good to see you are still lurking hereabouts. Great to hear that you are maintaining well. I finished Tfr at 87 lbs down and have been able to maintain that and add another 31 lbs through a GL plan. Life is so much easier now. I never feel like I am dieting as such . Moreso, I am food aware.
good luck with the surgery

Hey Jon nice to see you still keeping it off, Molly too.

Both of you are great examples of vlcd working and with
sensible healthy eating afterwards being able to keep it off.

I havent been on since March or so and have just started back with a vengance lol.:D

Back