Jo's CD Diary

My birthday was back in December, and a good friend of mine was really keen on buying me a session of hypnosis to see if that would help. But you know what? I wouldn't let her do it. I didn't want to be hypnotised not to want chocolate or bread again, LOL. How stupid is that? I guess all that demonstrates is that I really am addicted to those little carb blighters. :sigh:
Now, well, I rather wish I'd let her book me that session... :)

Hypnosis was, imho, the biggest waste of £150 I ever spent. But maybe I didn't listen to the tapes enough. You would get the same effect I am sure downloading ones that are available on ITunes....

RE the addictiveness of carbs/bad foods in general.... I've posted elsewhere on here recently about my (skinny) friend. on Saturday night when we met up with another girl, lots of gossip, fun evening, however subject of CD came up, she (being a medical student and therefore knowing EVERYTHING or so she thinks) said it was a silly idea, and that when fat people are in her hospital they have to go to Chester Zoo to have CT scans which she found funny, I said awww how humiliating, she said 'well it doesn't shame them out of eating'. ARGH! Made me so (internally) mad. People without a weight problem just don't understand! You don't just CHOOSE to get fat! (well, not in the majority of cases).

I'll get down from my soapbox. Apologies.... x

Ladies, all of what you say makes so much sense....

This is such hard work! Lily, I love your diary and your honesty.....I can so relate to the voices and conflicts. How do we gain peace, girls?? Surely we deserve it....

I am starving. Utterly. Chewing gum maniacally. I have one pack left and am trying to wait until 8. Almost convinced myself I should go onto SS+ or 810 and had a chicken drumstick fracas but have talked myself down (I think).

Space from the need to eat....I need that.

Come on girls....remember what those compliments feel like? Remember what it feels like when a pair of jeans slides over your hips and fastens sans muffin top? We can get there xxxx

Arrrrrgh- a bit of a 'road widening'?

Hi everyone

All is kind of ok but I have been scranning that water flavouring I found ( I need something that isn't water or blooming mint tea :cry:) and I've had 2 tsp marigold and then.....

I had a bovril cube. Shame on me. I just felt I needed some pretendy food....have run out of bouillion

Hope these don't sabotage my stupid self :(

The water flavouring....is it contraband until week 3?? I kind of feel I need it :(:sign0163:

I know these are small issues but they are bugging me

Day 3 and I have small level of pinky ketones :)

:8855:

Thank you for your kind words - not sure I deserve them x x

Re the water flavouring, technically you're not supposed to have it until next week (poss. week 3, but I've lost track...) - but I wouldn't worry too much about having it if you're desperate. If you're already showing signs of ketosis, then it's all good. :) Just don't have too much - I think it's supposed to be a tsp per day only.

The chewing gum thing of course might be making you more, rather than less hungry, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do, hun. Maybe an early night is in order? Nice long pamper in the bath?

Oh, and don't worry about the Bovril cube. Again, needs must. It'll just temporarily raise your salt levels and thus how much water you retain, but any water retention should be gone by weigh in if you manage to stop yourself from indulging again (easier said than done, I know).

Hang in there! :hug99:

Hypnosis was, imho, the biggest waste of £150 I ever spent. But maybe I didn't listen to the tapes enough. You would get the same effect I am sure downloading ones that are available on ITunes....

RE the addictiveness of carbs/bad foods in general.... I've posted elsewhere on here recently about my (skinny) friend. on Saturday night when we met up with another girl, lots of gossip, fun evening, however subject of CD came up, she (being a medical student and therefore knowing EVERYTHING or so she thinks) said it was a silly idea, and that when fat people are in her hospital they have to go to Chester Zoo to have CT scans which she found funny, I said awww how humiliating, she said 'well it doesn't shame them out of eating'. ARGH! Made me so (internally) mad. People without a weight problem just don't understand! You don't just CHOOSE to get fat! (well, not in the majority of cases).

I'll get down from my soapbox. Apologies.... x

LOL. You rant away (she says, knowing it's Jo's diary - come and rant in mine too, if you want to :D :D). 'Bout the only thing that keeps us (relatively) sane some nights.

I was equally dubious about the hypnotherapy thing, but funnily enough, I have downloaded quite a few of the iTunes apps and find some of them really helpful, particularly the relaxation ones. They don't work every time though, which I guess is more down to my state of mind than anything else. Which brings me to my next sort of point - I guess hypnosis could work if you want it to work, if you see what I mean. I guess it takes a bit of blind, unquestioning faith, or at the very least, a logical argument - well, it would for me, anyway. So I guess who you choose to do the hypnotherapy would be vitally important. It would need to be someone whose opinion / couchside manner you can believe in, I suppose.

As for medical students - and the medical profession in general - they might know the theory about nutrition, but they tend not to be so hot on why diets just don't work. I've often said that if it really was a question of eating less and moving more, I'd have been stick thin years ago. But it isn't that simple. The reasons we eat are complex and deep-rooted - and I don't think anyone really gets a handle on staying slim without at least trying to figure out what their personal reasons might be.

Most fat people are simply perceived by many (usually slim people) to be greedy. It's not like that. I can restrict my eating for weeks, sometimes months at a time - and then lose the plot completely. It's not greed - it's something else. But I for one am not done with trying to figure out what that something else is yet. For me personally, I think it's a combination of carb addiction and using food as a coping strategy (a pretty cr*p one) for dealing with the stress in my life. Eating has got me through some very hairy moments in my life, so of course I'm going to turn to food when the going gets tough. Learning to turn to other things takes time, and I'm going to slip up from time to time.

But you can't fail if you don't give up - and I'm a long way from doing that. :)

Sorry to hijack your diary with my own soapbox rant, Jo!

Hijack away.... I am in the same 'camp'. I love a rant and am drawn to fellow ranters!!

Am supposed to be putting clothes away (first day at work in 17 days tomorrow....wail) and pottering so I had best go.

I have locked the Bovril and water flavouring away and am doing my mental affirmations.

This had better get easier tomorrow, lol. (secretly knows that new hardships replace the ones that fall away after day 3 and grits teeth :))

Loving the banter girls..xxx

:help2::argh:Yeah xx

Thank-you....I am fixated on a slice of ham though. Lmao xx

Thank-you....I am fixated on a slice of ham though. Lmao xx

It won't taste as good as getting through tonight. Step away from the fridge!! :copon:

Yeah....did anyone have a bad squirty bum for the first few days?? This happened to me last time too :(

Nice. :D

Yes, it happens. Combination of lots of water and the concentration of vitamins and minerals in the shakes.

Make the most of it, hun. Give it a fortnight, and you'll probably be telling us the opposite... :D :D :D

Oh... and just thought...

Sugar free gum is full of malitol - which is a natural laxative (cos it's fibre).

Just how much chewing gum have you had today?? :)

oh to have a squirty bum :( sorry im living on lactolose, movicol and quite possibly the dulcolax tonight lol

did your doc run tests for pcos? i was diagnosed at 18, it was obvious as soon as they ran the scanner over my stomach, confirmed by blood tests that also confirmed metabolic syndrome/insulin resistancy. i friggin love carbs but they dont love me sadly

Ladies, I love the openness of this forum and you have both aided my understanding of what is happening in my colon...thank-you!! Sugar free gum..ahhhhh!! That's the badger. Mind, girls...it is forceful. If you get my drift. I have to move quick. Cough

Hi Claire, I haven't pursued the PCOS issue any further. From my skin (teenage spots twice a month) and the funny turns I have at the same times I know their is an estrogen issue happening. If there aint no cure except for avoiding toast I'll just leave it. Doctors think you are talking out of your rear when you express genuine concerns about your weight relative to your diet and activity. Finding solutions via the NHS may be more bother than it is worth eh?

Do you take meds at all?

xx Bad bum xx

pcos meds? was on metformin but it was taken off me when i got pregnant ( 3 years of trying and a course of clomid later ) and while they were supposed to have given it back after i stopped breast feeding they kept messing about and ignoring my consultants instructions and the new consultant has refused it saying new evidence shows its not effective grrrrrr
i used to take the dianette pill which helped the spots and the facial hair but it sent my blood pressure thru the roof so now all contriceptive pills are out
my body is just very badly behaved

oh and the docs thinking your talking out your bum, had that, was called a liar and told i was wasting thier time. i followed the dietitians instructions to the letter, wrote it down in a book, did my daily exercise, some days i even did extra and i barely lost anything

Claire, I think you have just confirmed my decision to not bother pursuing it any further...unless it gets worse. My periods are ok and I don't have excess hair...just the skin and the belly and the little deja-vu attacks.

Day 3 coming to a close...feeling kind of ok. Tummy rumbling away but as Lily said in her blog...there is no point in going in the fridge because the solution isn't in there.

We are not at home to Mr.Ham. Or Cheese. Or sugar free jelly and cream left over from pre-CD carb wind down. Noooooooo.

Sleep good y'all and thanks again for lush banter xx

Back