Jo's CD Diary

Hello lovely lady yes that was 9lbs :D very happy I can't wait for bars either but am likkle bit scared coz once before I did this and ate 3 in one go!!! :( must be the chocolate xxxx

:bananalove:That is AMAZING!! What weight did you start on and what is your goal? 9 pounds is IMMENSE xxxx

Do you not get bored? I generally have porridge for breakfast with a venti Americano from Starbucks, mousse/shakes and porridge for me dins. Have to say I enjoy the taste of the foodpacks. Am in a state of fervent excitement about peanut bars.

How do you have your shakes then?

xx
i dont think i get bored but then maybe thats why im not always so well behaved hmmm

i have my shakes made with 400ml of cold water straight from the fridge

Today- a bit undramatic

Hey ladies

I have an ironing pile like Mount Everest to contend with later so will be brief.

Am sitting in my PJs drinking fennel tea and thanking my stars that today was smooth in diet terms

Few wobbly mental moments....few incidents of bizarre battered cod desire but no mental negativity or major doubts.

Sometimes I feel utterly devoid of food....like totally aware that I won't be eating for a very long time. This scares me a bit.

Have started to savour my CD meals....eating them slowly....enjoying them. I am trying to learn to listen to my body.

Do you ever get that feeling though that you coul go from doing really well to a mad chip frenzy in almost an instant??

I could have raided a pork and stuffing stottie off a colleague in the lift today mind...

Weigh in on day 6 tomorrow....come on lard...pack up and do off.

Catch you lat-errrrrrr xxx

Evening Jo I must say u and Carla are doing so well on ss. I have not heard you say your struggling much at all..

Please lord let me be the same lol.. X

Last edited:
Sorry, seems I've started something about pasties :ashamed0005:

I'm glad that the Ketofairy is being nice today, she's being good to me too... for some reason I forgot about food and only had my second pack at 7pm.

Yep, it's a vicious circle with PCOS and weight. PCOS can cause insulin resistance and causes weight gain, but then fat cells have higher levels of hormones (but the wrong ones), which causes more problems with weight, acne, hair in the wrong places, thin hair in the right places etc etc. Heck, at one point I had better sideburns than Elvis :sigh: I was told that the only way to break the cycle, and to keep it broken is to lose the lard and then keep to a permanent low GI diet. If men had these problems then CD would be on the NHS! Soulcysters.com has a load of explanations and good advice on how to tackle your GP, so if you're having problems it's worth printing some off and taking it with you when you go to visit the doc.

What toning machines do you use Sharon? I'd love to have a go on one of those Powerplate things, but once everything starts jiggling I'll probably loosen my fillings and black my eyes before it stops ;)

Here's to a huge amount of bum wiggling tomorrow... and a bum wiggle for Sharon today x :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Are you defo going on the 4 SS? Good luck!! You'll be grand, look how far you have come!

I am struggling in my head a bit but I keep telling myself it would be strange if I wasn't because it is a blooming tough call isn't it??

My way of thinking is this:

What do I want? To be slim

Why do I want it? To feel more attractive, energetic, in control. To wear my wardrobe. To feel like me and have self-esteem.

What is the cost? Nothing else works so CD is the cost. Hunger, deprivation of food, the challenge of staying on track. The need to keep strong and be motivated. The need to commit

Am I willing to pay the cost? Yes. Basically. What do I want more? To bite that battered cod (so bizarre) or to feel slim? We know the answer.

It might be a bit mental but it sometimes helps if I run through it.

Oooooh! I remembered a technique for staying on track and avoiding cravings today!!

It is called 'SOBER'

It goes like this...

When you feel tempted...

STOP what you are doing

Observe what is going on in your body

Breathe slowly and deeply and really conciously focus on your breath

Exhale fully and slowly

Respond- choose to do what you know is right now you have distanced yourself from the impulse

Helpful anyone?

xx J

Yeah 4 a day.. Maximum of 2 weeks I'm hoping then a higher plan.. I'm so deseprate to loose the weight.

I can't stop thinking about it.. And I wont give up and feel like I shouldn't/ won't give up on CD now..

I'm all confused . Com lol xx

Redhead, we crossed there!! Thanks for giving me loads of gen. I don't have the hair thing to be honest, just the spots and the mad metablolism. I get bad carb cravings and hunger after carbs. When I ovulate and just before my period I get this wierd, spaced out feeling and a strange sensation in my nose and mouth. It like drifts up from my belly through my arms and down through my forehead and face. Always on same days every month.

My doc has been no help at all....they go on and on about obesity but in my experience it is IMPOSSIBLE to get support in managing your weight via the NHS

I am loving the dancing rabbits lady!!

I am DELIGHTED that fairy has treated you goooood! When is your weigh? xxx

MissyJo said:
:bananalove:That is AMAZING!! What weight did you start on and what is your goal? 9 pounds is IMMENSE xxxx

Thanks I started at 15st 11 :( ong that sounds horrendous lol I am 5ft 10 and healthy bmi of 25 is 12 stone 6 but would like to be 12.2 or 11 something :D xxx

I have to have 4 a day and was worried about weight losses because lots of people only have three but it made no difference I don't think!!! I also have times where I could never eat again and would be happy then in my next breath I could pick something out the bin :eek: I haven't don't that I might add just saying :D xxxxx

WI is tomorrow. Normally it will be evening, but because I've got stuff on my CDC is letting my just pop in to get weighed tomorrow morning on the way to work.

Roll on the dancing bunnies LOL x

redhead66 said:
WI is tomorrow. Normally it will be evening, but because I've got stuff on my CDC is letting my just pop in to get weighed tomorrow morning on the way to work.

Roll on the dancing bunnies LOL x

Good luck huni hope it goes well sending fairy weighing dust!!!! Xxxx

Good luck RH....you'll get good results. Sharon, your description of the swing in appetites is spot on. I have had a brilliant day but am feeling like I could happily scoff the dog's gravy bones right now. What is that mad shifting about? Lordy, ladies!! xx

MissyJo said:
Good luck RH....you'll get good results. Sharon, your description of the swing in appetites is spot on. I have had a brilliant day but am feeling like I could happily scoff the dog's gravy bones right now. What is that mad shifting about? Lordy, ladies!! xx

Pmsl!!! I have no blooming idea and it's soooooo frustrating how quick my head swings. I find it not as bad if I leave my last two till quite late in the day as evenings are worse if I only have one pack left and during the day I can normally (not always) occupy myself!!!!!
Xxxxx

Just being able to share that madness with someone else is so bloody fantastic!! What a fab site this is :)

MissyJo said:
Just being able to share that madness with someone else is so bloody fantastic!! What a fab site this is :)

Yeah isn't it because I feel the same!! Do you know when I did it last time I got to 4 weeks in feeling fab amazing loses and then the day after WI I just blew it. Can I explain the reasoning nope I bloody can't have no answer brain just flipped :( not again not gonna let this happen just letting each day unfold as it does :) xxxx

Most of us here are mad. It helps, don't you know? :D

And I've done that weigh in then blow the diet thing too, Sharon. :rolleyes: Totally insane. Celebrating the shedding of several pounds by indulging in the very stuff that put us on the diet in the first place.

We just need to come up with more imaginative ways of celebrating maybe. It's tricky, cos it's generally an evening when you get weighed, so when you get home, your celebration options are a bit limited really. You can't just go to the shops and buy yourself a non-food treat and there are only so many times you can pamper yourself in the bath (on SS I spend half my life in the bath anyway, especially in the winter when I can't warm up!).

Lily said:
Most of us here are mad. It helps, don't you know? :D

And I've done that weigh in then blow the diet thing too, Sharon. :rolleyes: Totally insane. Celebrating the shedding of several pounds by indulging in the very stuff that put us on the diet in the first place.

We just need to come up with more imaginative ways of celebrating maybe. It's tricky, cos it's generally an evening when you get weighed, so when you get home, your celebration options are a bit limited really. You can't just go to the shops and buy yourself a non-food treat and there are only so many times you can pamper yourself in the bath (on SS I spend half my life in the bath anyway, especially in the winter when I can't warm up!).

Omg Lilly you have hot the nail on the head and I spend 60% or more of my time in the bath and your right again after WI at WW or SW we have a little good treat because syns and points don't count on WI day :D
Xxxx

And it wAnt even a small weight loss when I came off either how dumb is that!!! C

Back