Jo's CD Diary

Cripes really? My CDC said u prevent weight loss by not having the minimum but you won't speed weightloss by having loads more. I struggle with the 2.25litre and I don't drink hot drinks other than with my bar for extra liquid xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I drink alot of water anyways whether in on a diet or not, im 28 and paranoid about wrinkles lol! So it makes it easy for me to drink the extra. Im not sure if it will help speed up weight loss but thats what my cdc says to me and I get the impression from this forum thats the same message a few others are getting too. Ask about there are a few people on her who are proper clued up on the science of this diet, more so than me :) x

Ok thanks. I physically couldn't push anymore down and can't stop weeing as it is lol. My ketostix say I am not dehydrated so that'll do for me xx

Cripes really? My CDC said u prevent weight loss by not having the minimum but you won't speed weightloss by having loads more. I struggle with the 2.25litre and I don't drink hot drinks other than with my bar for extra liquid xx

Hi Katie - no, don't worry about having more than 2.25 litres day. The more you drink the more you shrink thing isn't accurate at all, it's more to do with how much you weigh to start with. If you've got 6 stones to lose, then it stands to reason that you'll need a bit more water than say someone who only has 2 stones to lose - but only a bit.

So don't worry about trying to drink more than the minimum. You need 4 pints (or 2.25 litres), plus an extra glass of water if you have a tetra (because they're smaller) or a bar. If you feel thirsty and want to drink more, then do - but there's no need to force it down.

Incidentally, your tea and coffee intake is included in the 2.25 litres (there've been many arguments down the years about that!) - but not milk.

Ok thanks. I physically couldn't push anymore down and can't stop weeing as it is lol. My ketostix say I am not dehydrated so that'll do for me xx

Yeah do whats best for you hun thats always the best option x

Thanks Lily
I have about 6 stone to lose but I feel ok so far. I don't do brews but I have one with peanut bar to makesure am having the extra you mentioned.
Panic over now ;-) xxx

Excellent :clap:

Hi Jo! :wavey:

(now that we've finished hijacking your diary) Hope you're having a greeaaaat day! x

Hijack away ladies....it is all blooming useful stuff for me too. I think I quaff about four litres a day....I am a little camel. I don't think it makes me lose faster though. They do say that it helps one do a numero deux as it stops the same becoming dried out and lurking around in your lower half. Sorry to lower the tone to such base matters gals....:)

Well, I jogged 35 mins (yay) and it was ok!! Not as fast or as far as pre-CD but I just want to keep myself in the running habit.

Have booked in for a toning class at 7pm, same on Weds and have promised OH I'll do the same 35 min jog with him before my WI Thursday. He will run alone when he wants to increase his speed and distance. Trotting along through the fields was lovely....

I have done SS + for 3 consecutive days now. Split a portion of king prawns (plus an extra 70g cos of my run) between two smaller meals today and really enjoyed it. Back to SS from tomorrow- quite enjoyed not having to worry about dinner last week when work was challenging.

I am happy with progress so far.....never imagined being able to combine CD with continuing with my fitness regime, even if the tempo is more gentle. It is the taking part that counts, I say

Hope everyone had a great weekend....titanic ironing pile to straighten out now. Poo :( xx

Evening Jo I'm glad that you are happy with the changing of ss and ss+ on a weekend.!

You are going great.. Keep it up x

Thanks the Shan-ster!! I feel it is stopping me mentally fixating on food, oddly. If it helps me keep active I am up for doing it again next weekend. Have a lovely evening and have a good sleep :) xxx

glad your jog was ok and that you enjoyed it

hope yor having a good evening

Got all my ironing done and put away. Yeay :)

Another week ladies.....what's it going to be like?

SUCCESSFUL...that's what *does a little Mexican wave all by self*

Night everyone xx

:talk017:
:party0019:​

Well done hunni! :happy096:

Thoughts for the day....

You know, I am on that knife edge again. CD is going well, no slip ups since day 1 (except a random Bovril cube and 70g extra king prawns but have self-forgiven) and happy with the plan.

Why do I get the feeling that one Oreo could push me over the edge? I am laughing about it but what I mean is that I feel it is good to recognise that even though the plan is going to plan......life is complex and our mental states are influenced by such messiness and confusion.

Just want to point out that I don't feel that there are any firm 'laurels' to rest one's (rapidly reducing) bottom on on this path.

Some inspiration??

The journey of a thousand miles...
So, you see, we took small steps to success all along that hike. Together, they added up to hundreds of thousands of small steps. But we might have chosen not to take the first step. We might have stopped at any point along the way. That would have meant that we would not have gotten to our destination.

There were also obstacles along the way. But with each small step they were overcome.
There were frustrations, fears and uncertainties. But with each small step they were crushed.
There was hardship and danger, but with each small step and focus on the desired destination it was conquered.So you see, success is no mystery.
It takes only one small step to succeed.
Because, as the Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu said: “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”

Have you taken that one step today?

I know what you mean Jo, I feel that it'll all come tumbling down if I start down the eating off plan route, only another 2.5 weeks of SS+ then I can relax a bit.

Glad you had a good weekend & could manage the training fine. Have a great day :)

thanks for the verse, tis a good one

hope your having a great day

Have a great day too ladies.....

We have taken that extra step just by keeping talking :)

J x

Evening Jess!! Nice to catch up with you at last....did you have a good day?xxx

Evening hunni, hope you had a good day x

I've just finished packing all my bits and bobs of salad into tupperware boxes, LOL (it takes ages, chopping stuff, washing up today's pots - it's a good job I'm really motivated at the mo). I've got to go to Oxford for a meeting with some software developers tomorrow so I'm trying to get organised - not something I'm especially good at, LOL.

Still, my journey of a thousand tupperware boxes starts with a single tub... :D

Lily that made me chuckle I am in Oxford next week tues night to fri night and will need a whole case just for CD equipment and food haha. Hope no one in the room next door gets wrong impression when I put my handblender on haha. Have a safe trip xx

oh kate that made me laugh, the folks in the rooms around you playing guess that noise, lol

Back