Jo's New Start Food Diary 2012!!

missmalibu

Hi all,

This is the first time i have publically posted a food diary, and im hoping by doing it it'll keep me motivated and stop me doing any (much) damage eating the wrong things.

So here goes Day 1:

Extra easy day
Breakfast: 2 weetabix (B) Milk from allowance (A) canderel sweetner

lunch: didnt really have much of a lunch as i didnt get up til 11am (lazy bugger i know) i had a ham a cheese 24 deli roll (4 syns), a pack of seafood sticks, 2 cups of tea with milk from (A) with sweetner
then went to the supermarket to stock up

Dinner

Made soup (leeks, red split lentils, pepper, courgette, tinned chopped tomatoes, garlic, onions, 2 chicken stock cubes) would have added beans to make it more of a superspeed but i cant stand beans or peas i can only stand chickpeas. had 2 big bowls of it and it was lush!
nighttime is my worst time for eating, so will add the rest of todays diary tomorrow...got lots of stuff in thats healthy so i should be ok.

On EE on you are supposed to have to have 1/3 superfree food with every meal so you may need to think about that for breakfasts & lunch.

Try adding fruit to bfast (banana or berries) and for lunch some salad (get some salad light - its like frylight for salad - its free and the cesaer one is yummy) x

Hi Jo,

Good luck with the dairy and hope it keeps you motivated. I must admit that i dont post a dairy myself but reading others people's does keep me motivated !! I've been doing slimming world on my own now since October and I can honestly say it is one of the easiest diets around ! (I was a WW girl before this).
Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for you !!

Just wanted to reitterate Slimbysummer's point really. If you're following EE it's really important that you have 1/3 SuperFree with each meal - otherwise you're not really following the plan at all.

Your Dinner looks fine as it's all mainly SuperFree, but you really need to get some into your breakfast/lunches. How about topping your weetabix with some fruit, and having a side salad with your lunches.

If you have any queries just ask, there's always someone around to help. Good luck xx

Thanks to you both, Obviously my brain wasnt quite engaged in gear yesterday as i forgot the superfree :rolleyes: tut!

to yesterdays diary need to add:

2 packets of butterkist 25g popcorn (5 syns each) (10 syns total)
a packet of grapes
small pack pomegranate seeds
another cup of tea (using the rest of me milk from A)

So in total i had 14 syns yesterday not bad considering last week i probably averaged about 100 a day lol!

Day 2: another attempt at extra easy

Breakfast: scrambled egg made with 2 eggs and milk from (A) on 2 slices nimble wholemeal bread, and a pack of fruit fingers (including mango, pineapple and melon)

lunch will probably be some more of that soup as theres loads left looking forward to that and ill decide on dinner when i get back from the hospital (got an appointment with my orthodentist about fixing my retainer as my dog got hold of it! :mad: the dentist is not going to be a happy bunny methinks!)

My friend is doing her version of slimfast which is basically calorie counting, and shes lost 6 stone so far ive got a touch of the green eyed monster cos i struggle to lose weight as i have to take steroid replacement she started at 18 stone and shes now almost the same as me. Shes challenged me though, weve both said the first one to get to 10 stone has to buy the other one a slap up dinner of the others choice knowing her itll be the bloody ivy or somewhere! I never back down though so im gonna really push myself with this gonna hit the gym this afternoon. Ooh shes gonna regret crossing me hehe!

day 2 completed:

breakfast: scrambled egg made with 2 eggs and milk from (A) on 2 slices nimble wholemeal bread (B) and one tablespoon ketchup (1 syn), and a pack of fruit fingers (including mango, pineapple and melon)

lunch: didnt have any lunch foodwise as such but had 2 skinny lattes whilst waiting for my new retainer to be made one large and one small (12 syns altogether it was i found out including the milk i think next time ill just have a pepsi max!)

dinner: 2 bowls of the soup from yesterday
(leeks, red split lentils, pepper, courgette, tinned chopped tomatoes, garlic, onions, 2 chicken stock cubes)
pomegranate seeds

snacks: 2 packs of seafood sticks (got the munchies) 2 cups of tea with rest of milk from (A) pack of prawns with 2 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce (3 syns)

altogether 16 syns not bad considering i got a serious case of the munchies, more of a boredom thing than actually being hungry so had a cup of tea and then decided i was ok afterall. Phew long day today im off to bed now plus retainer which im sure means im not in for the most comfortable of nights...

Does this look ok as an extra easy? i tried to bear in mind what you all said about the 3rd superfree, and as you can see i added fruit to me breakfast and the soup was mainly superfree anyway.

Day 3 Extra easy:

Breakfast: kelloggs fibre plus cereal bar (B), danone activia fat free forest fruits yoghurt with chopped mango, papaya and melon mixed in

Lunch: salad of mango, prawns and loads of lettuce and one tbsp blue dragon sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns). Uncle bens sweet and sour rice time (0 syns)

thats so far will update later

dinner: i had 2 of the syn free cheese scones (i made 6) which was made with tesco light choices onion and chive cottage cheese, 2 eggs and 100g original smash. Had this with roast chicken (not cooked in anything) a large salad of lettuce, red onion and peppers with a tbsp sainsburys bgty honey and mustard dressing (0.5 syns) , and a jacket potato with 2 tsp flora pro activ light (2 syns)

then had rice pudding made with pudding rice, my allowance of Kara Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk, sweetner and a tsp of vanilla essence

snack: 24 deli pepperoni and cheese wrap (4.5 syns)
Fudge (5.5)

total 14 syns

Last edited:
6/1/12 Green day
Breakfast: 2 of them syn free cheese scones (again thats the last of em) was made with tesco light choices onion and chive cottage cheese, 2 eggs and 100g original smash. had half a banana which was underripe so half of it went in the bin lol yuck i like them really ripe.

lunch: uncle bens sweet and sour rice time (0 syns) and a bowl of chopped mango, papaya and melon with a bit of sweetner

dinner: 'creamed' mushrooms made with button mushrooms and chestnut mushrooms fried in frylight and mixed in a bit of quark, on 2 slices nimble wholemeal bread (B)
had more rice pud made with 400ml Kara Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk (A)

snacks
3 pagen wholegrain krisprolls (B) spread with a tablespoon of nutella (4 syns)
several cups of tea with 350ml skimmed milk (A)
popcorn (5)
extra skimmed milk (1.5)

10.5 syns

Last edited:
Day 3 Extra easy:

Breakfast: kelloggs fibre plus cereal bar (B), danone activia fat free forest fruits yoghurt with chopped mango, papaya and melon mixed in

Lunch: salad of mango, prawns and loads of lettuce and one tbsp blue dragon sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns). Uncle bens sweet and sour rice time (0 syns)

thats so far will update later

looking good missmalibu well done

Just wanted to reitterate Slimbysummer's point really. If you're following EE it's really important that you have 1/3 SuperFree with each meal - otherwise you're not really following the plan at all.

Your Dinner looks fine as it's all mainly SuperFree, but you really need to get some into your breakfast/lunches. How about topping your weetabix with some fruit, and having a side salad with your lunches.

If you have any queries just ask, there's always someone around to help. Good luck xx
hi there princess stevie , i was told to have superfree with syns too x

7/1/12 red day
breakfast: got up late and was in a rush so only had time for a kelloggs fibre plus bar (B) cup of tea later on with milk from (A) and 2 sugars as i was visiting (2 syns)

Lunch: again rushing out to the gym so had a sandwich of 2 boiled eggs mixed with 2 tbsp extra light salad cream (2 syns) on 2 slices nimble wholemeal bread (B)

Dinner: 4 rashers bacon, 2 'fried' eggs in frylight and some mushrooms cooked in water and 1 veg stock cube. 3 wedges melon.

snacks: 42g cathedral cheese light (A), Pack of seafood sticks, skips (4 syns), butterkist popcorn small multipack bag (5 syns), cups of tea with rest of milk from A

Total: 13 syns

8/1/12 extra easy
breakfast: half a melon chopped up, cup of tea (with milk from A)

Lunch: salad with mussels, prawns, 2 tbsp extra light salad cream (2), 1 tsp ketchup (0.5). Chopped up mango, pineapple and melon

Dinner: steak with 25g stilton (5), 100g potato croquettes which was 2 (4), salad. 50g raspberry sorbet (2) 2 50ml glasses of cream sherry (8)

total 21.5 syns so not too bad, had my grandfather over for dinner, so my mum was in entertaining mode and did a 'trio' of desserts of ice cream, sorbet and pomegranates, so i stuck to the sorbet and pomegranate. normally i would have struggled to resist wouldnt have bothered synning i probably just had the evening 'off' but i was very conscious that its my first weigh in tomorrow so wanted to keep track, really proud of myself for still tracking. Roll on tomorrow morning!

Well i weighed in this morning - 6lbs off for my first week so more than half of that 10lbs i put on at xmas! Dead chuffed with that and hope for a good loss this week.

9/1/12 Extra easy
Breakfast: didnt get up til 11am so only had a coffee with milk from (A)

Lunch: salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, wafer thin ham, gherkins, pickled onions, sweetcorn and 2 tbsp sainsburys BGTY Honey and mustard dressing (1 syn). Coconut flavoured mullerlight (0 syns)

Dinner: soup made from leeks, onions, peppers, red lentils, 2 veg stockcubes, tin chopped tomatoes and garlic. mango and passionfruit mullerlight (0)

Snacks:
pomegranate seeds, skips (4 syns), 3 pagen wholegrain krisprolls (B) with a tbsp nutella spread between them (4 syns), popcorn (5 syns), cup of tea with rest of milk from (A)

total: 14 Syns

10/1/12 Extra easy

breakfast: Fibre plus bar (B) and a cup of tea with milk from (A)

Lunch: jacket potato with tuna and mayonnaise (it was from a cafe but there was definately less than a tbsp of mayonnaise in it) (4.5syns)banana and blackberries when i got home

dinner: leek and potato soup made with onions and stock cubes. Gherkins, wafer thin ham, sweetcorn, mullerlight yoghurt

snacks: skips (4 syns) crunchie (9.5) cups of tea with rest of milk from (A)

total syns: 17.5 (little bit over but had the hungries on me tonight and was craving chocolate too much and knew a hot choc wouldnt have done the trick)

11/1/12 extra easy (yesterdays diary)
Breakfast: fibre plus bar (B), cup of tea with skimmed milk from (A) Didnt have to time to add any superfree was going out to meadowhall

Lunch: went for lunch at the Harvester at meadowhall so had: a superfree salad as my starter with 1 ladle of blue cheese dressing, and 1 ladle red devil sauce, (estimating 10 total its probably not that much but want to be on the safe side.) Then had a main of spitroast chicken with no skin, jacket potato no butter, and bbq sauce about 2 tbsp (again overestimating so saying 5 for that and in case there was any fat involved in cooking the chicken)

Dinner: wholemeal pasta with a tomato sauce made with one tin tomatoes, 2 onions, 2 garlic cloves, salt, pepper, sweetner, fried in fry light then all blended down to a passata type sauce, and added quark to make it creamy, was lush! Mullerlight, cups of tea with rest of milk from (A)

Total Syns: 15 (probably way overestimated but wanted to be on the safe side)

Todays diary 12/1/12 Red day
Had a brunch as didnt get up til late:
Omelette made with 3 eggs, mushrooms and ham, Cups of tea with milk from (A)

Dinner: Game casserole (partridge, pheasant and duck) in gravy, (estimated 4 syns for gravy). kelloggs fibre plus bar (B)

snacks: 3 mini babybel light (A), Skips (4), grapes, pomegranate seeds, 3 pagen wholegrain crisprolls (B) with 1 tbsp nutella spread on them (4)

Total syns: 12

todays diary 13/1/12 green day

Breakfast:
2 weetabix (B)
Skim milk (A)

Lunch:
2 pasta n sauce broc and cheese flavour (2 syns)
mango, passion fruit, papaya and kiwi fruit salad with a bit of sweetner on top

Dinner:
Jacket potato
mushrooms, garlic, quark

Snacks:
mullerlight orange with choc
pomegranate seeds
3 pagen wholegrain krisprolls (B)
Tbsp nutella (4 syns)
1 ferrero rochez (3.5)
3 babybel light (A)
popcorn (5)
Green tea

Total syns

confession time: had a day off syn wise yesterday oops my dad had a voucher for a french restaurant so went there and ate far too much french bread, butter, oil, fries, creme brulee and a cheese board... and it didnt end there, when i got home later on i decided to have more stilton with an eccles cake, crisps and 2 choc bars out of my xmas stash oopsy! im guestimating about 100 syns for yesterday...not good. But today is another day and if i want to have had a loss by monday i better be good!

15/1/12 Extra Easy

Breakfast
mango, papaya, passionfruit and kiwi chopped up with sweetner

Lunch
Uncle bens sweet and sour rice time (0)
(didnt have any superfree oops but will make up for it with loads at dinner time)

Dinner
Roast chicken no skin, roast potatoes (home made roasted with fry light), parsnips, carrots, courgettes
2 weetabix (B) with milk from (A)

Snacks
seafood sticks
tin spaghetti in tom sauce
options hot choc (2 syns)

Total Syns

i know i didnt do 3rd superfree with my snacks but at the time i was having a really bad craving for crisps and chocolate so i thought i did really well sticking to what i did have so not gonna worry too much

Last edited:
16/1/12 Red day

Brunch
4 rashers bacon and a fried egg fried in frylight

vanilla with choc sprinkles mullerlight
mango, pineapple and melon 'fingers'

Dinner
2 slices nimble wholemeal (B) sardines in tomato sauce

Snacks
seafood sticks
prawns
coffees made with milk from (A)
2 weetabix (B) with milk from (A)
4 ferrero rochez (3.5syns each so 14 syns)

Total syns
14 syns

Last edited:
Back