Jo's pregnancy Diary

Thanks Sarah ;) My DS was 9 on Sunday so that was a bit hectic but got to see my new baby neice (now 2 weeks old) for cuddles so that cheered me up, the kids got to meet her for the 1st time and they loved her :) my DD who is 6, never left her side and kept giving me a running commentary on what she was doing, which wasn't much as she slept the whole time, but DD still seemed to be amazed by the fact that she moved her head from side to side, sighed and stuck out her tongue LOL.
They are even more excited to meet their baby sister now, so am I for that matter :D
MW tomorrow so will update then, love to all, take care Jo

Glad to hear u've had a better weekend. I've the mw 2moro too. I want this baby out now 2 I've had enough. X

Well not much to report really, everything fine measuring 36, BP normal for me, babies head is now down but still free, so hopefully she will start engaging soon :rolleyes:
I asked her about the earliest she would give me a sweep and she said that she won't sweep anyone until their Due Date ( a MW who was filling in told me anytime after 38 weeks cos of my SPD:confused:) So I have another appt in 2 weeks and them she will come to the house the week after to hopefully do a sweep. She did say though that if her head was still 'high' she wouldn't be able to do one. So looks like I will be waiting a lot longer yet:sigh:
So am trying to think Positive thoughts that I will have her before I need to be induced, My DH is convinced that I will have her on my 40th Birthday next fri, I have already spent one Mothers Day giving Birth so maybe he is right, Not doing much else anyway as I have forbidden any celebrations until I am able to join in :):p

Hiya Jo, sorry to butt in. Over the last few weeks my SPD has become very severe, with my physio, GP and one MW campaigning for a 37 week induction for me, while the other MW and the consultant seem dead set against any form of induction till 40+12. It seems that each health 'professional' (I use the term loosely as some of them are far from it....) has their own opinion of what can and should be done for a woman suffering with SPD.

Personally, I've never had a successful sweep, just uncomfortable ones, so won't be too bothered about trying one this time around. But I know from experience how earth shattering it can be to try and live with the pain, and I've only got 2 other LO's. You must be exhausted and ready for your LO to come, so I hope they get her out for you soon. Not long to go now x

I had SPD on my 3rd and 4th pregnancies and now have a chronic form of it, I was advised by my last consultant not to have anymore children and this one was not planned, I even thought long and hard about keeping the baby as I know I will likely cause further damage. Unfortunately there has been a change in consultants and despite the new one having read my notes she will not induce me early (induced at 38 and 39 weeks on last 2). I have crutches but can't really use them as I have early signs of Arthritis in my wrists, so if I use my crutches I am unable to use my hands properly:sigh: So I will just have to grin and bear it as there is not much else I can do, can't take codeine either as it gives me the'spins', I sound such a 'crock' LOL.
I really hope you have better luck than me with your early induction but as you say they all differ in their opinions it is so hard to know what will happen, Good luck with it.
I had a sweep with my 2nd and it did start me off but I was due to be induced the day after so went in as planned and I still needed the drip etc. I am just hoping that after 4 pregnancies my uterus knows what to do this time and that I will go naturally if not I am pinning all my hopes on the sweep working:rolleyes:

Took the kids to see Despicable Me in 3d yesterday, what a lovely film :) wasn't expecting much from it but it was really lovely;) Spent a small fortune it cost 45.00 for us to watch the film and then 25.00 for sweets and popcorn :mad: (sent OH to Morrisons to get the sweets etc but an old lady collapsed in front of him as he was in the aisles so he did his bit bless him, by the time she had been sorted out he had to leave the shopping and come home as we would have missed the film, the old lady was OK though thankfully), then we got the kids a Macd's on the way home to save me a cooking , so an expensive but enjoyable couple of hours out.
Last night then someone had forgotten to tell baby that she hasn't got room to perform somersaults and star jumps cos she obviously thought she could, my belly looked like something from Alien and it was soooo painful it was bringing tears to my eyes. Feeling pretty chilled for a Sunday today as I usually get quite stressed sorting out uniforms, pe kits and homework for the week but for some reason feel OK today, hope it continues, hope you have all had a good weekend, take care Jo

I think you're amazing Jo, the way you get so much done and keep things so normal with 4 kids already and the SPD. I hope your consultant changes their mind and agrees to induce you a week or two early.
x

Thanks IB, I don't really do a lot with the kids just now as I can't but they are really good and patient most of the time, it is a pleasure to treat them.
How are things with you, hope all well, take care, Jo

Soooo uncomfortable now I just want her out (yet at the same time I am really scared about going into labour spontaneously as have always been induced:confused:)
Have been having low backache and random painful tightenings since sunday but they never amount to anything, they usually start in the evening but They have startd this morning today. I am meeting my Mum this pm for coffee and a bit wary of going but I know it won't amount to anything and really want to see my Mum as its my 40th (ooer LOL ) tomorrow and she is taking me out for a treat and giving me cards and pressies etc. Won't see her tomorrow as My Dad is an inpatient for Chemo tomorrow :sigh:
I havent had a show or anything yet so I think its just my body getting ready for what is to come. My DH has been teasing me all along that I will spend my 40th in labour, I was horrified at the thought at first now I really wouldn't mind, I have spent 1 Mothers Day in labour with my little boy so you never know and I am not really doing much else as I don't feel up to it.
DH off today and tomorrow so am hiding my discomfort from him otherwise he will make a fuss about me going out, men eh, I know he means well but I feel so cooped up and you never know a little stroll around town may get things going:)
Take care all and thanks for listening to my ramblings, Jo

Sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable. A catch up with your Mum will do you good I'm sure.

And an early happy birthday for tomorrow in case I forget tomorrow! :D

Awww Thanks Sarah;) Yes I am sure a couple of hours with my Mum is just what I need;)

Had a lovely birthday, was really spoilt ;) Still can't get over being 40 though:(
Feeling like I have hit my wall at the moment, constant backache, pressure in my tummy etc etc etc. Everything is too much trouble and its the start of half term aaaargh.
Not much else to say really as it will only be me moaning on LOL
Hope you are all well and will update on Tues when I have seen my MW, Take care, Jo

Thanks MT:)
Well had my MW appt this am everything ok, measuring 37 cms , BP ok etc, still not engaged though she is head down 'she thinks???!' but the head is still high. Booked in to come and see me at home next Thurs to do a sweep BUT if her head is still high and free she will not be able to do it:(
I just know this pregnancy is headed toward the induction stage at 40 + 10 or more, feeling very down and disheartened. Trying to be positive and that within 3 weeks max I will have my baby BUT 3 weeks seems like an endless time still.
Hope you are all feeling better than me, love to all, Jo

None of the MW's I have seen (apart from the one when baby was Transverse) have been remotely concerned about it?
Its been 'don't worry about the position she will go head down when labour starts' and one even told me that as I wasn't having the baby at the birth centre they didn't have to worry , let the hospital worry about it!!!!!
They seem to be 90% sure its a head and not a bum but you can tell they are not convinced. I have told my regular MW who I saw Tues that I was concerned about which way she was lying but she told me not to get too concerned about it.
But then she told me that if head was still high no sweep as the cord could prolapse if my waters went, but they seem quite happy to let me go around with the risk of prolapse if my waters went spontaneously??
Not sure what to think or do really?:sigh:

It's unsettling isn't it? Some places do scan if they're not sure which is head and which is bum - I was quite surprised with DD that they can't always tell the difference!!!

I'm sure all will be fine though and for your sake I hope it happens soon and you don't have to go overdue with the SPD. It's annoying how much policy varies from consultant to consultant rather than being judged on the actual state of the mother and baby concerned which is what should be important. Hang on in there, you really are doing very well under such trying conditions.

Thanks IB;), Couldn't agree more on your comment about policy etc, treatment and care shouldn't differ because you are under a different health authority but unfortunately thats how it happens.
Hope things are all good with you and yours;)

Back