Jo's pregnancy Diary

They won't attempt to induce her again if it fails this time as she is trying for a vbac, so I hope for her sake she gets the birth she wants but its not looking hopefull.

Well after 20 hrs of contractions she only got to 7cms, baby was getting distressed and she was exhausted so she had an emergency section at 1am last night. Baby Emily was born weighing 8lbs 6ozs and both are doing well. So mexcited can't wait to meet her:)

Oh my I am exhausted I have had a very full on 3 days which included Toy shopping and making 3 outfits (cos couldn't find any to buy:mad:) for a fun day in school on thursday, fri party food shopping on my own as OH working:rolleyes: and walking back and fore to school then decorating for party, sat DD 6th Bday party OH working so my mum did come over at lunchtime to help but by last night my poor body was just crying out for rest and don't even mention the SPD pain.Today DD wanted to go and make a hole in her bday monet so more clothes and toy shopping:( I am soooo looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow when the kids are in school. Still havent seen my new baby neice (as she is not coming home until today) was going to see her tomorrow but as much as I want to see her I think I will see her tues. I hope you girls have had a more restful weekend than me ;)

MW tomorrow to see what position baby is in???? I don't think she is properly transverse anymore as I can only feel one round hard bump? I am really not sure whether it is a bum though as it is really hard :confused: but she changes position on a regular basis so really don't know what to expect tomorrow. I do know that I am getting fed up with people telling me that I won't go to full term as my bump is soooo low:mad: I always carry like this and on my 1st and 2nd babies the MW kept saying you won't be long, fully engaged , so low I can almost see the whites of his eyes, etc etc, I was 14 days and 10 days overdue and had inductions for goodness sake:mad: I don't know what would have happened with the next 2 as I was induced early cos of the SPD?
On a positive note though the babies were low so the pushing stage has never taken me longer than 15 mins ;)
Off to see my new baby neice this pm so that will cheer me up a bit LOL. Will update tomorrow;)

Aww sorry to hear you're having a bit of a stressful time over the baby's position. Hopefully seeing your new niece will bring a smile to your face :)

Firstly my niece, she is absolutely adorable and looks tiny even though she was 8lbs 6, can't wait to hold my own in my arms now :)
MW visit today was a little frustrating, yet another new MW, she was lovely but got the feeling she was just going through the motions. She was unsure whether baby is head or bum down, the bump that I can feel that I am unsure if its a bum or a head had her stumped too!!! It feels very bony to be a bum yet she said she felt the head down below. But she said not to worry as what was down below was still 'free' so would probably move again anyway. She said its not really important until my next appt when I will be 37 weeks, if they are still unsure then I will be scanned, so none the wiser really:( All else fine measuring to dates etc, so happy but a bit frustrated:confused:

I have to pluck up the courage to get on the scales tomorrow morning, I need to view the damage :eek:
Everyone is still commenting on how well I am carrying this time as I am all bump, its huge and now despite baby still not being engaged is very low down:eek: I have gained weight elsewhere esp my legs but I still look (in my clothes anyway) fairly tidy. BUT i really need to know how much weight I have gained and I know I am not going to be happy. Wish me luck :wave_cry:

Thanks both;)
Well I weighed this am after having to hunt for new batteries as they had run out :mad: and I am 14 11lbs, sort of pleased about that as although it means I have put back on the 13lbs I lost plus another 12lbs, I am only 12lbs up from my start weight which I have to be pleased about with just 4 weeks to go :rolleyes:
So taking into account baby weight, water retention, placenta, extra blood and so on, I shouldn't be weighing more than when I started when I finally have this little one which was my goal so yeah pretty pleased with myself, I think LOL

Morning

And so you should be pleased with yourself hunni, You have done a fab job!

Now go and reward yourself with a lovely cup of tea and pop your feet up and enjoy your weekend....

I just hope I can follow in your *baby steps* 1 day soon

Woofy x

Awww thanks for that ;) I had a duvet day yesterday and OH working 12 hrs today so not much hope of feet up but I will treat myself to something later I am sure, Take care, Jo

well done that isn't so bad XX

Thanks Big Bear :)
Well had a really c****y wekend, OH working days (12 hr shifts not out of choice thats his shift pattern) so I was exhausted what with having the kids home from school and the usual weekend chaos of uniform washing , ironing etc etc, felt really down and really out of sorts. Monday morning I had a really bad headache which had been brewing since sunday and my fingers were so swollen I couldn't make a fist. Felt a bit woozy and generally unwell. OH took the kids to school and I thought I had better ring the MW for advice. She sent a MW around just to check me over.
The MW was here within the hour so that was good going, I hadn't met her before but she was very nice, my BP was slightly elevated (for me) but otherwise everything ok. She said that baby was def head down but not engaged and said that as my stomach muscles will be weak as on baby no 5 she may not engage at all or settle into position until labour begins as she can move around fairly easily.
I have been feeling a lot of pressure at the tops of my legs which is a little uncomfortable and not really sure why, will ask my MW on tues.
So generally OK here apart from SPD I would be great, really looking forward to meeting her now though as I am getting a little fed up of the schoolground comments of 'still here then' and' how much longer have you got?', I know they mean well but it does get a little infuriating by the end of the week.
Take care all, Jo

aww jo i hated those comments from people in the end, especially commenting on bump size! Not long left now tho and that spd will be easing and baba will be here! take care xxx

Ah hun I just don't know how on earth you do it with 4 wee ones already, you deserve a medal or more. I'm struggling with my DS. My H has taken holidays now to help out & I've got a cleaner that comes for a couple of hours on a Thursday she's a god send.

I hate all the comments too, how many times do you need to tell the same people no its not here yet, does it bloody look like it.

Luckily I don't have SPD but my pelvis was unaligned since having my son, I thought it was SPD but was fobbed off by docs so went to the chiropractor and it was the best money I spent.

Hope that you can try take things a little easier, not too long to go.

Take Care XX

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good weekend last week, hope this one is better, especially as it's meant to be nice for the weekend. As others have said, not long to go and just try and ignore those comments :) Just think of your new arrival being in your arms very soon x

Thanks all :) It makes me feel better just to offload on here, you are all such good listeners ;) Not feeling so down now, just kjeep telling myself that I am on the home stretch and won't be too long before the real hard work starts:D

Back