Jo's pregnancy Diary

Another AN appt this am, bloods back and all fine, HB normal so was the GTT, thank goodness, my arm is still purple with a green tinge :(. Anyway everything fine, measuring spot on, heartbeat sounding great etc. My BP is low today at 95/50, she said to be carefull when getting up in case I feel faint and to drink plenty of fluids, but lower is better than higher so I am not worried.
She signed my SS grant form so will get that off asap and let you know how I get on. She said she will review my SPD when I am 34 weeks and then refer me to the consultant which I am happy about otherwise its pointless trips back and fore to the consultant when they can't do anything anyway:confused:
Bought a few bits and bobs for my hosp bag today, have finished babys but still need a few things for me, OH nights tonight so I will probably sort out some bits later, he thinks I am nuts getting everything ready early but like I keep telling him you never know whats going to happen and if I had to spend a night in Hosp for whatever reason he wouldn't have a clue where to find anything:rolleyes:

I think it's very organised to be ready for any potential happening! I was just saying to DH and my Mum that we'll need to start buying come September and start getting things ready in October, as you never know! Especially after what happened to Sukie Sue last time around and lebody!

Haven't even thought about the hospital bags though so will need to check the bag thread out :)

i hadnt either sarah , thank god others had brought it up else id still be bagless :0) mind its not ready yet (shame ;0()
should know better really !!
they detected protein in my urine on weds so i better get a grip incase things go belly up :0)

Come on girls , get those bags done LOL, I am not usually an organised person at all but when I am pregnant I seem to go into 'organisation' overdrive. I think its because my house and kids clothes etc are usually sooo disorganised no one would ever find anything if I had to go into hosp at short notice, I even keep the kids underwear in a dresser drawer in the kitchen so I can grab them quickly when I am dreesing them for school:eek: No one would think of looking there if me and OH weren't there. So I think thats why I feel the need to have everything organised and all my lists/instructions done early;)
As soon as they go back to school next week then me and OH are off to Toys R us to get the highchair and the presents for the children from the new baby and I think I am all done:)

Hi All just a little update, SPD is really kicking in now :( I can't sleep for longer than 2 hrs as I am getting pain in my actual hip now, the pillow between my legs is helping with the pubic area pain but this aching in my hips is a right nuisance. The kids went back to school yesterday so for the 1st time in 9 yrs I have no children at home during the day, its a good job I have this little bundle on the way as I think I would be seriously bored LOL.
I have a long list of jobs that I want sorted before baby arrives, mostly painting and decorating will have to nag OH to get cracking on it, I was hoping to do bits and peices now that school has started but I am hardly managing with the daily housework. I really think that the frustration of not being able to do things is worse than the pain of the SPD:confused:
The weather is glorious at the moment so all being well we will take the children to the beach tommorow, as they didn't get to go during the school hols as the weather was so lousy:mad:
Its only a 10 minute drive so I will cope with that then I will sit and watch them all running around and having fun, hope you all have a lovely weekend, take care, Jo

Sorry to hear your SPD is so bad :( I can begin to imagine how it feels. Just hope you find a way to get some extra rest/sleep.

The weather has been lovely and should stay like it over the weekend so enjoy the beach if you go!

Very anxious day today, not pregnancy related don't worry;) We have 2 beautiful cocker spaniels , Belle is 18 mths and Monty is 8 mths, I usually groom and trim them myself (I am a a bit of a control freak to be honest and don't really trust anyone else with their beautiful coats) anyway what with the SPD and my massive bump I have found it very difficult over the past 2 mths, so I finally gave in and booked them in with a local Professional groomer, she picked them up at 8.30 this morning and brought them home at 2pm:eek:
I was sooo worried about them being too short or would they be distressed etc, anyway they look (and smell;)) gorgeous:D I hardly slept last night worrying whether I was doing the right thing, stupid I know. Anyway soo glad they went and now have them booked in again around my due date so they will be clean and tidy for when the baby arrives.
Anyway back to my pregnancy ,I have been trying to figure out which way this baby is lying??? I feel pressure on my pelvic area which I am assuming is her head but I keep getting a bump at the top of my bump that is very hard and seems to big to be a leg or foot and too hard to be a bottom, also I am getting'kick' at the top of my bump and lower down? The midwife should be able to tell me on tues at my next AN appt, but I am hoping she is not Back to Back as my DD was and she was the most painful birth:( The MW did give a booklet on positions to try to achieve the best position but I can't really do any of them due to SPD.
Otherwise no news, oh but my darling Husband did say the othernight that I am looking really big now (bump that is) and that he thinks its the biggest bump I have had yet and that he doesn't think I will get to 40 weeks as I look like she is ready to come out now:rolleyes: I am wondering when he trained as a midwife :confused::D I do feel really big I have to say , so will be interesting to see what I measure on tues?
Hope you all are well and that you all have a nice weekend;) We are off to the annual Fair tomorrow so will lose a load of weight - from my purse LOL , just hope I can get around without too much trouble, Take care Jo

I'm glad ur doggies came back looking good. Thats the way my babs is lying, mw said its head down with its back to my front & legs/arms at back which is why I never feel its feet/arms like I did with my son. I get the odd kick at the top but otherwise moving about.

My mw appt tues also I wonder if she can tell me if this is a big baby as son was 10lb 4oz, I just don't know what size nappies/baby gros to get as son was never in newborn.

Anyway enjoy the show 2moro X

That was a big 1st baby;) It doesn't always follow that your next will be big too or even bigger though.
My 1st was 7lb 8oz
My 2nd was 6lb 12oz
My 3rd was 8lb 7oz
My 4th was 8lb
So its anyones guess what size this one will be;)
The MW should have some idea when she measures your bump, its not an exact science though:rolleyes:

Oh Hun!! I pray that your little one isn't back to back, but feeling kicks at the top and front isn't a good sign is it!!!! I know how painfull back to back births are. Both my boys were back to back and both times the Consultant said they weren't. After having such a tough birth first time round I did every positioning exercise going and kept so active during my pregnancy in the hope I wouldn't have another b to b birth. Even as I was in labour the Consultant assured me he (baby) was the correct way round. Then after an agonising birth I looked down as he was born and realised he was facing the wrong way...again... the Consultant muttered something about never normally getting it wrong and that was it.

I was so dissapointed as I really had done all I could to make sure I didn't have a back to back baby. First time round one of the midwives made me feel really bad cos she kept saying that I must have been really lazy during the pregnancy and laid down the whole time (which I hadn't)!

So Hun even if you could do the exercises, they don't always work!

How are you doing weight wise at mo? I can't stop eating! lol

Glad your doggies came back safe and sound (and looking pretty!)

xxx

My DD was back to back and my most painful so fingers crossed, but like you say the kicks at the front are not a good sign:(
Weight wise I have been putting off getting on the scales for the last few weeks:eek: I know I will have gained and I am carrying loads of fluid too, my hands and feet are constantly swollen which happens to me when I am pregnant:rolleyes: I am so glad that I lost at the beginning though as it will keep my overall gain down.
Will have to pluck up the courage soon though as I don't want it to get too out of hand, I am eating as and when I want at the moment but I am a bit more active (as much as my SPD allows that is) as the kids are back in school so hopefully it won't be as bad as I am fearing;)

I'm sure u'lk be fine, no.5 you're brave lol I'm having no more after this...lol

I've no idea what way my son was lying...I had to be cut & had 3rd degree tears but he was forceps delivery.

I've since found out that what I thought was spd was an unaligned pelvis which has since been sorted (I hope!) The chiropractor said the birth this time should be easier.

How was the fair today???

The kids loved it, thanks for asking, I was exhausted and in pain though but it was worth it for them;) I don't want to think about how much money we spent though LOL.
No 5 was def not planned (come to think of neither was no 4 LOL), I will be 40 a week before this little one is due so really thought my child producing days were over but someone somewhere had other ideas:rolleyes: Can't wait now though as my youngest has just gone full time in school and the house is very empty without someone nagging me for something:D

When my friend went into labour her daughter was back to back, but by the time she delivered a few hours later, the baby had turned around. So is there not a chance of the baby still turning round? I suppose it just depends on how much space there is for it to move.

As for your weight Jo, I think you've done amazingly well. That initial loss has just allowed you to control the gain. I'm sure anything at the end won't amount to too much :)

Thanks Sarah, when I had my DD noone ever mentioned that she was back to back until I was in labour, not sure how long she had been in that position, I think they turn during the birth process so that the crown of the head is in the correct place for birth, if they dont turn then an assisted delivery is more likely as the widest part of the head is trying to come 1st, I am trying not to get concerned about it as there is nothing you can do if they do end up Back to back:sigh:
Sounds like you are sorted on the clothes front, I have been lucky like that in the past with clothes from family but this time there is no one who has had a baby since my last and I gave away everything after him:rolleyes: So we have had to get everything new (but had loads of bargains on ebay;)). My SIL is in Hosp at the moment as she is due in 7 days and is having severe pain in her csection scar, she was not given any option but a VBAC :sigh: so her consultant is sitting on her at the moment, should get some news today as to whether they are going to section her bless, will let you know how she gets along.
Take care Jo
Talking of ebay bargains, look at my latest, it should arrive tommorow, I am in love with it LOL
http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-dream-swing-made-with-love/470402200/type-i/
89.00 FROM m+p, I bought an ex display for 39.99 off ebay, well pleased its gorgeous

Well, had my MW appt this am, not my usual one but she was lovely, we discussed my referral to Consultant due to my SPD and as the consultant is dead against early induction for SPD we both concluded that we would wait until I am 36 weeks then refer me. She also said that if I am very uncomfortable she would give me a sweep at 39 weeks to try and get things started so really pleased with that. Anyway I had a lie down to be examined by the student, measuring 33cms so that was Ok and then the MW asked the student was I about 4/5ths engaged as that is what they would expect, the student said she could not feel the head and didn't like to be too firm due to my painful pelvis, so MW felt and said that there is nothing in my pelvic area at all the little madam is Transverse:rolleyes: I then had a tightening and she could be clearly seen lying like a jelly bean accross my tummy. So back in 2 weeks to check her position and if still the same need to be scanned to confirm position then it will be consultant to discuss birt options, which if she is still transverse means csection:eek: Not too worried though as she is very active and may well sort herself out into the proper position in the next 2 weeks. Will post on thge board now to see if anyone has experience of transverse lie;)

My sister in law is being induced at last today, she has been really messed around, she had her tablet at 11 am and has to wait for 24 hrs during which time hopefully things will get moving if not she will be booked for a c section either later tomorrow or friday. They already have 2 girls between them so both would pref like a boy but of course it doesn't matter, so can't wait to find out whether I have a new neice or nephew;)

Oh good luck to ur sil. My last pregnancy I was induced twice. They did 1 at 11am fri morning then nothing till the sat morn I then had to have waters broken sat evenong, ds arrived sun am. I hate it when they mess u about.

Fingers crossed for a wee boy xx

Back