Jo's pregnancy Diary

You're still doing so well. People keep telling me I look really pregnant and that my shape has changed but I don't really see it and I'm still in the same trousers and have only gained 1kilo which I figure is fine for 27 weeks.

DS used to hiccup all the time, so badly that it used to cause problems when they were monitoring for heartbeat etc as they just couldn't get the reading on the machine. Mind you, when he wasn't hiccuping, he'd usually kick the gadgets off anyway - he wasn't exactly co-operative! This baby is much quieter.

I love sales! Do you have any idea when Mothercare's summer stuff will go on end of season sale? I hope to buy some online then and get it sent out here for when the southern summer starts.

Have you got meds for the SPD or do you manage without?

I havent heard of when the Mothercare sale starts but will keep an eye out and let you know ;)
As for the SPD I won't really take anything for it unless I HAVE to, saying that I can't take the codeine based analgesia they keep prescribing me as it makes me nausious (sp) and dizzy I can't keep my eyes open as everything is spinning, so I only take paracetamol when I have to. I hate taking tablets when pregnant I would rather suffer than cause the baby any problems.
How are you doing?

Ooooh just went to look and the Mothercare sale is on NOW.

Oooh I might have to take a look then!!!

I don't like taking tablets when pregnant either. I've had to take some meds for the hyperemesis as otherwise the baby was endangered by my dehydration but generally I steer clear. But that's not as bad as it was, so I've stopped taking that. And I hate codeine at the best of times, makes me feel worse than being ill and it's pretty addictive too.

Ooooh just went to look and the Mothercare sale is on NOW.

Was about to say that :D I get the mothercare emails through, worth it to keep an eye on sales.

Am torn between having a look and possibly buying a few things and waiting until potential sales on the august bank holiday weekend. Am still so scared to actually buy anything (besides a couple of packs of nappies to get freebies!). Hopefully once the 20 week scan and the quadruple blood test results come back I'll feel more confident!

Well weigh in day again today and surprise surprise I have STS, I got my DH to get on after me to make sure it wasn't playing up and giving the same reading each time but it wasn't. Not sure how I have STS as I have been having treats and pretty much what I want to eat, I have still been eating healthily in the main I just think it must be that I haven't been eating for 2 IYSWIM.
Anyway however it has happened I am very pleased as I know it won't last forever :rolleyes:

Even though I STS when I weighed on Sat I seem to have ballooned these last few days, I am def carrying some water as my hands are a bit puffy but I can feel my upper arms tight in my tops and the tops of my legs:( I knew I couldn't escape weightgain but as it seems so much in just 2 days I am a bit down about it. I havent weighed as I will wait till sat but am dreading that. I think it could be down to the fact that my SPD has been much more restricting last week and this so I havent been as active though I am trying not to sit around too much but its hard. Oh well as long as babys OK thats all that matters I suppose.
Its def going to be the last week I can get in my jeans I think too.
Hope the rest of you are all well, I just needed a moan:p
Take care, Jo

My hands and feet have been puffy too this last couple of days, my feet throb when i walk on them, and i have taken my wedding ring off just in case!

You doing so well with your weight gain, but i bet you will be back in those jeans so quick!

x

Thanks MT ;)

I know the feeling Jo, I put my normal trousers on this morning, size 16 Next, they've been fitting fine until now and they wouldn't do up at the waist anymore. I could have tugged them together but they'd have pinched and that would just make me uncomfortable and nauseous so they're now consigned to the bottom of the drawer until after the birth. I have a couple of size 18s that are still fine but after that it will have to be maternity trousers.

But I'm not going to beat myself up over it and you shouldn't either - we've done well to get this far without gaining weight and some weight gain in the third trimester is pretty much inevitable and won't be real weight (unless we totally lose the plot!), most of it will be baby, water and extra blood.

I hope the SPD is easing up again.

Thanks IB, you are right we have done well its just that when you can see the weight creeping on you have to tell yourself that you are pregnant you ARE going to expand LOL, SPD is a bit up and down really one minute I can't walk without wincing in pain then i'm relatively ok again. How are things with you anyway?

I'm Ok. Measles is still raging here but so far (everything crossed) I've not caught it. I'm getting a bit bored as I have to stay away from people in case I catch it but it's worth being careful. Cord flow is still poor so there's a possibility I'll have the Caesar at 36 weeks instead of the 38 they were planning, see how it goes I guess. I feel pretty healthy, morning sickness is a bit better this week which really helps my mood. 28 weeks and a bit now so less than 10 weeks to go, whatever the doc decides!

Glad things are 'OK' with you IB, you are in good hands ;)
Well I weighed this am and have gained 2lbs, my only surprise is that its not more, Not too depressed about that as long as its not a weekly event, will try and get more back on track next week with regards to the type of foods I have slipped back into eating:eek:

Well had my MW appt this am, all is fine baby wise, measuring just right and heart beat fine etc, I asked her about being referred back to MW led care and she said that I could refer myself to physio at anytime (explained I knew all the excercises, had the support belt, crutches etc ) said I wouldn't bother as they can't actually do anything when you are pregnant :rolleyes: Asked if I wanted to see GP regarding pain relief but I explaind that I can't take the painkillers they gave me last time and that I really don't like taking anything while pregnant, she said that If I was suffering at 34 weeks she would refer me back but this Consultant is very unlikely to induce me early, not to bothered about early as long as I don't have to go overdue with SPD then I will be happy.
Seeing her again in 3 weeks. On a lighter note my Brio Sing Pram arrived today in 3 huge boxes :eek: My DH freaked out wondering what on earth I had ordered LOL on the whole I am really pleased but it looks much bigger than it did in the shop, sort of wondering now whether I should have stuck with my original choice of an Oyster but I don't want to talk myself out of not liking it, the Car seat is nice and substantial and the carrycot is lovely and soft and snug so on the whole I am happy, trying to get it all back into the boxes has been 'tricky' but its all back in (some shape) :)

Another weigh in, another 2lb gain :(. At this rate I dread to think the size of me by the time I am due :cry:
Havent been too bad this week either oh well must try a bit harder next week, but it seems more difficult when the kids are off school, I wish I could do more activity but my SPD does not allow for that??
Anyway enough moaning, baby seems fine is leaping around in my tummy my DH was amazed by how vigourous her movements were last night. Hope you all have a geat weekend, take care Jo

I know it can seem depressing but you've got to look at the overall picture, rather than just the week. If you look at the pregnancy as a whole, you've done brilliantly so far and some weight gain is inevitable but most of it won't be "your" weight.

I have ante-natal again on Monday and I'm sure I'll have gained weight this time as my tummy and boobs have ballooned. But I'll try not to let it get to me. Glad your baby is so mobile. Enjoy the weekend.

Back