July exercise challenge

tipperary

Gold Member
Well done to all who completed their challenges in June , and to those like me me that attempted it but didn't quite get there.

So its July....ready, steady........GO

Edit: Roll call so far

Craftymary
Pratainua
Tipperary
Georgiestar
Julia
Gagagirl

Last edited:
I'm not setting myself any targets except to do some sort of exercise every day. :)

So it could be a bike ride,hula hooping,walking up and down stairs for 10 mins non stop,going for a walk. My walking around at work for 2 hours will not count.

July has 31 days and 5 weekends.

Good plan Craftermary, that means you will exercise 31 times this month

July exercise challenge for Tipperary

To swim 300 lengths
To walk 50 km
To cycle 100km

July exercise challenge for Pratainua
To walk on average 12,500 steps pers day, so 387,500 steps in July.
Best of luck all!

Im going to take a leaf out of Craftmarys book too and count the actual amount of times I get some exercise. I cant do every day as some days I work full days and not only will I not have the time but will have been very active at work anyway. So forgetting about the weekends I would like to exercise 21 times in July.

Had a short walk and finished it by going a number of times around the garden to reach 5km

To swim 300 lengths 0 lengths done/ 300 lengths to go
To walk 50 km 5km done/45km to go
To cycle 100km 0km done/ 100km to go
To exercise 21 times 1 time done/ 20 to go

Oo can I join in?

I want to go to the gym more often so will try and do at least twice a week and see how it goes. I would also like to use my excersise dvds. So maybe once a week for that.

I'm not good at sticking to things so will have to be focused and set small goals for now.

Well first day completed.
14,258/ 387,500 steps completed.
Delighted with the good start!

Welcome Georgiesatar!

Well second day completed but not a great result. We at for afternoon tea and ate loads and walked little. But life has to be enjoyed too and I am back on it this morning!
Yesterday steps 9,860
Total steps 24,118/ 387,500 steps..

Well done everyone, first post has been edited to list all names

I've been working all weekend so 16 hours on my feet running around but no formal exercise. I had planned on bringing my phone to measure my steps but my work trousers have no pockets. I might get one of the manual pedometers to clip on.

12,918 steps yesterday. Just about made it.
Was a miserable afternoon so hard to get out and about.
Total so far 37,036/ 387,500 steps!

Short 3km walk yesterday, it was supposed to be 5km but stopped to rescue a kitten.

Back