July money challenge

Hehe I've been good and passed on it. It's hubbys fault it's his birthday tomorrow and everytime he sees one he pouts lol. So thought "ooh bargain" but you're both right I can put that into our Florida pot and be pretty much at targetyou guys rock, thank you!! :)

No tv go me hehe!

But on the upside hubby said we could go on a little city break for my birthday with the bonus money he got this month...anyone have any suggestions? Will be September and 3/4 nights. Not been anywhere in Europe other than Spain so open to anywhere really :) x

We went to Bratislava last September, it was really cheap & very nice, there are lots of things to see, there is a transport museum which is fun, you can also get the train to Vienna & Budapest we loved it.

Pixie.....1) I am very jealous and 2) ROME ROME ROME ROME ROME!!!

Me and bf went there a few years ago and its so lovely. We went in September and it was really warm and sunny. We even did a day trip to the beach one day in Ostia. They only thing I was disappointed with is that the Spanish steps aren't in bloom in the autumn but they are still brilliant as you can see the city from the top!

It's the most beautiful city and so easy to travel around it cheaply using the metro (EUR4 for a whole day!). Not only is there so much to see but the food!!! OMG THE FOOD!!!! It's amazing.

If you stay over the river from the main hub it's a lot cheaper. We got a boutique hotel in the road next to the Vatican for half the price of staying near the Trevi fountain, colosseum etc. I would recommend a hunt on booking.com.

Take a look and see what you think of it :)

Thanks guys!

Sparty I am drawn to Rome, probably my love of pasta and hubby's love of history and photography.
Happy did you use your free train to get there or did u fly? Off to look up where it is lol :)

Pixie.....1) I am very jealous and 2) ROME ROME ROME ROME ROME!!!

Me and bf went there a few years ago and its so lovely. We went in September and it was really warm and sunny. We even did a day trip to the beach one day in Ostia. They only thing I was disappointed with is that the Spanish steps aren't in bloom in the autumn but they are still brilliant as you can see the city from the top!

It's the most beautiful city and so easy to travel around it cheaply using the metro (EUR4 for a whole day!). Not only is there so much to see but the food!!! OMG THE FOOD!!!! It's amazing.

If you stay over the river from the main hub it's a lot cheaper. We got a boutique hotel in the road next to the Vatican for half the price of staying near the Trevi fountain, colosseum etc. I would recommend a hunt on booking.com.

Take a look and see what you think of it :)

This post makes me want to go to Rome!

Lol. It's beautiful and romantic. And there is so much to see and do! I would recommend it to anyone. Ill see if I can hunt out a few pics :)

The Tiber river that runs through the town.
image-3321286632.jpg

Spanish steps
image-1026776270.jpg

Me by the Bernini fountain
image-1741052561.jpg

A very poor pic of the Trevi fountain which is awesome!!
image-4260938265.jpg

Colosseum
image-2743817281.jpg

St Peters (Vatican)
image-3531263162.jpg

Castel Saint Angel
image-319894905.jpg

A Swiss guard lol. Uniforms designed by Michael Angelo
image-2808933488.jpg

Well at least talking about it helped pixie resist the tv lol :) and if you do go pixie, ill recommend a few places to eat and visit (conscious of high jacking the thread with holiday talk)

Back on money and bf has given me £300 for rent and bills. I'm going to pay £200 off my outstanding bill and keep £100 aside for my hen do spends. That leaves me with £175 outstanding on the bills to be paid with my overtime next month.

Things seem to be working out ok so far at the moment so fingers crosses for no surprises before bf's next payday in 2 weeks!!

We nipped to sainsburys & bob paid & i've been to morrisons but only spent £31 really trying not too over spend, i'm still waiting for my MOT bill.

oh ibought a large shampoo & conditiner which was £31 but will last a whole, i've not put petrol in the car yet as i've been cycling to work, think thats it. Low spends this month with a bit of luck, i cant now say i'm saving for egypt in december 'cause thats out now:( i did see Sri Lanka but thats way out of my price range, we'll see. Actually i do needto do a bit of Christmas shopping, i tend to do bits here& there.

Not changed it yet just thinking about it. I think I'mj just anxious as its a lot of sea days crossing the Atlantic and a little nervous as have never been on one before and not sure what to expect x

We cruised from Florida as part.of our honeymoon we spent 2 weeks in florida and did a cruise in between for an extra week it was amazing the ship was like a city its an amazing experience. We went from Dublin Ireland to Sandkey florida and on to orlando and then cruised for a week then back to orlando for another week we loved every second of it xxx

We cruised from Florida as part.of our honeymoon we spent 2 weeks in florida and did a cruise in between for an extra week it was amazing the ship was like a city its an amazing experience. We went from Dublin Ireland to Sandkey florida and on to orlando and then cruised for a week then back to orlando for another week we loved every second of it xxx

Thank you :) xx

We nipped to sainsburys & bob paid & i've been to morrisons but only spent £31 really trying not too over spend, i'm still waiting for my MOT bill.

oh ibought a large shampoo & conditiner which was £31 but will last a whole, i've not put petrol in the car yet as i've been cycling to work, think thats it. Low spends this month with a bit of luck, i cant now say i'm saving for egypt in december 'cause thats out now:( i did see Sri Lanka but thats way out of my price range, we'll see. Actually i do needto do a bit of Christmas shopping, i tend to do bits here& there.

Oh no, you've been looking forward to that :( maybe plan to go somewhere else instead so you don't lose your momentum?
It's good to save for what you want, I think it gets tough when its just random saving (but I could be wrong lol)

Sparty - those pics are amazing and totally wanna go now, just a case of finding it in budget.

Start of July for me now, been paid and all bills, credit card and overdraft paid off, now to not use them! As running out if things to sell now, and is starting to slow so if I wanna save anything next month I need to not be having to clear things.
I have £50 a week for just whatever, it should be easily doable, I've done it on £20 before, however one of our dogs is poorly at the moment and just cost is £200 for meds and blood tests, and god knows what he'll need when we get the results *crosses fingers*

Good luck for July everyone, you can do ANYTHING!! :D xx

My money this week will be really tough as I spent £30 on various bits over the weekend. But I'm still going to try my best. I'm out Wednesday night for drinks with a friend so I might take extra food to work so I'm not buying food while we are out!!

On the positive side, I have put about £12 or so into my £2 tin over the weekend too :)

Go Sparty! (i have visions of spartacus when i say that hehe)

Oh no, you've been looking forward to that :( maybe plan to go somewhere else instead so you don't lose your momentum?
It's good to save for what you want, I think it gets tough when its just random saving (but I could be wrong lol)

Every cloud has a silver lining, I was chatting to my sister on Sunday about holidays & mentioned Sri Lanka, she said have you thought about a package holiday, anyhows I take a look & it is cheaper! bingo. She gets home & talking to her OH & said Michelle & OH are going to Sri Lanka in Dec, he replies, ok we'll go there then!, lol he just invited himself, so that solves my little 'problem'.

Me & DD are doing a car boot in a few weeks, I need to sort out the attic as I've loads of things in there which we really don't need & are just taking up space, I'm not going to make loads of money but will be a few pounds, every little helps!!!!

Back