July starters support post

Hi everyone,

I am starting tomorrow eekkk!! I have an enormous amount of weight to lose but just taking it one day at a time otherwise 10 stone seems a huge mountain! My gorgeous hubby is doing it with me as he has a little belly he wants to lose. Feeling positive but know it will be hard. Hope to be posting in a week a successful first week ;) xx

You can do it!! Just take it slow and get the first few days under your belt! Things are easier after that!! X

Restart for me today after a sunny weekend Nd plenty of BBQs wA to hard to say no so first day back on slim and save xx wish me luck x

Good luck! xx

First day for me, choc shake done and half a choc coconut bar. I figured I'd have a lunch at 2ish, then dinner at 6/7 and have the other half of my bar when I feel peckish!

I have a little query tho, it's my anniversary on Saturday and me and bf were going to see batman and go for dinner.. Is this a stupid idea and will it cancel any good losses for week 1? Or Is there any damage limitation I can do or choices that are ok? I don't want to work hard to get into ketosis then ruin it?

Also can I add salt to things when I cook? X

Just had my 2nd weigh in and have lost another 4lb so thats exactly a stone of in my first 2 weeks so im very happy, on day 15 now :) :)

My anniversary with my oh we did nandos one night and sushi the next! Nandos I had chicken breast and salad and sushi I had spicy chicken salad some edamame beans and some sashimi both kept me in ketosis and I never felt like I was missing out! Another time I've don't Thai and had a spicy prawn salad and at Indian I have tandoori chicken and salad :) loadssas of options good luck!! ( I wouldn't recommend coming off! I did for my birthday one day and I gained like 6lb :eek: just not worth te damage!!)

Oh and also I took Atkins homemade revels fr batman on fri night! Worked a treat as oh munched sweets! ( 4 different flavour Atkins bars chopped up into tiny pieces and mixed together then portioned back off into 4)

JodiLeanne2012 said:
Just had my 2nd weigh in and have lost another 4lb so thats exactly a stone of in my first 2 weeks so im very happy, on day 15 now :) :)

Wow a stone in two weeks is impressive! I'll never loose that quick a I'm so small :( Grrr but hoping on at least 6 this week after my naughty gain x

Thankyou :D good luck on your 6 of this week, im sure you can do it :) xx

Oh and also I took Atkins homemade revels fr batman on fri night! Worked a treat as oh munched sweets! ( 4 different flavour Atkins bars chopped up into tiny pieces and mixed together then portioned back off into 4)

What a great idea!!

First day for me, choc shake done and half a choc coconut bar. I figured I'd have a lunch at 2ish, then dinner at 6/7 and have the other half of my bar when I feel peckish!

I have a little query tho, it's my anniversary on Saturday and me and bf were going to see batman and go for dinner.. Is this a stupid idea and will it cancel any good losses for week 1? Or Is there any damage limitation I can do or choices that are ok? I don't want to work hard to get into ketosis then ruin it?

Also can I add salt to things when I cook? X

Try and stick to allowed veg/salad and meat!!

Will you be having a drink?? X

I was going to take a bar with me on Saturday yes :) and a bottle of coke zero so i don't feel I'm missing out. We both love sushi so thats a brilliant idea! Edamame beans, sashimi and some salad would be ace! Ah happy days thank you :)

Wow! A stone in 2 weeks, if I manage to get to 1.5stone I'm going to refeed slowly I think, and try and keep my main loss at a stone as people have said you'll gain a little back when you stop. well done! Reading people's losses are keeping me determined.

First day going well so far, not hungry, feel I could pick at stuff but not proper hunger which I was so worried about. Yay! X

Ohhh and no love, I'm going to stay off the booze until my holidays now. Supposed to be going out Friday to a mates for dinner and drinks but I might pull a little sickie so I don't have to. As once I'm there def be too tempted x

Hey Northern Bird, try not to look at it as 10 stone, I have broken the eleven stone I have to lose down into "bite" sized achievable chunks, and I've set each chunk as a short term goal, so every time I get to a goal, I'll know I'm on my way and I'll know I have achieved something! For us big gals who are in it for the long haul, just keep telling yourself when you weaken, "every hour I stay on this diet, my body will consume some of the fat that is strangling my organs, killing my joints and making me miserable." and then think of yourself as being lighter, healthier and more energetic! I'm on day 12 and I've lost a stone! It would normally have taken me months to shift that! I'm so excited about this journey to being a healthier me! Stay with it, let's do it together! good luck!

Ohhh I just made my bf and kids lunch and it's made me super hungry like stomach rumbling hungry, and ideas on how to distract myself? X

Drink water!! I also look at clothes website and decide what i'm going to buy when i drop a dress size.

However i have bought loads of hol clothes in the size down and still manage to cheat! x

Thanks! Ok I made a cuppa and having another bottle of water. Somehow I drink water ridiculously fast when it's in a bottle, compared to a glass, weirdo! X

charl_young said:
Thanks! Ok I made a cuppa and having another bottle of water. Somehow I drink water ridiculously fast when it's in a bottle, compared to a glass, weirdo! X

Lol I do that!!! Sugar free jelly is a lifesaver for me or I allow myself half a shake if I have enough left! And for some reason coffee fills me up :)

Back