July starters support post

When I first did cd about 4 years ago I lasted 6 weeks without any food at all and I was running a b and b in France where I was serving and cooking 4 course meals for my guests every evening that was hard. So if I could do it then I can do it now!!

Day 3 nearly done for me and I'm honestly not finding it a struggle at all! I've just ordered all my packs for the next month and I'm really enjoying the diet so far :)

Why didn't I try this sooner!

Will test for ketones in work tomorrow. I still feel quite normal and don't have a funny taste in my mouth or anything so I'm not sure if i'm there yet but I definitely don't feel hungry so that must be a good sign!

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Day 4 begins! Nearly half way through week 1 :)

Hope everyone has a good day today!

x

Fab toothfairy we're getting there lol. I had the oatmeal on my first day, didn't think to add sweetener or cinnamon to it though will defo try that next time :)

Hi fellow July starters, day 5 for me- can't stop thinking about food today :( had to have some extra protein as I was about to go off the rails. Saving my last pack which will be a chocolate shake for before bed. Been the hardest day so far!!!

How is everyone else doing??

Day 6 for me and I am well and truly into ketosis as the sticks are deep pink however I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I have only lost 3lb I am gutted. Still plodding on but a bit sad as the main reason I chose this diet was for the fast weight loss. Hope by monday something might have changed.

slimmerwithin said:
Day 6 for me and I am well and truly into ketosis as the sticks are deep pink however I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I have only lost 3lb I am gutted. Still plodding on but a bit sad as the main reason I chose this diet was for the fast weight loss. Hope by monday something might have changed.

I had a sneaky weigh in too and I've lost 4 lbs. I think by Monday you'll prob have lost a bit more :) keep positive.

Morning ladies, can I hop aboard.
Started the end of June, did a week, had a bit of a wobble but will hopefully be back on track as of today. First goal is to get to 18 stone, the second to 15 stone then to 12 stone. Breaking them up in to sections.

Main aim of loosing weight is to help my health, I have a painful back and also a dodgy knee, This coupled with absolutely no energy to do anything at all is making life miserable ! Pain is a great motivator for change.

So onwards and downwards. Have a great weekend all xx

Hi everyone. I was a June starter but had to come off for a medical appointment. Starting again today, on a night shift which I always find helps as it sort of gets through 2 days without having to try too hard! I lost 11lb the first week last time but would be happy with 4-5lb this week. Sunday weigh in day for me. Good luck everyone!

Hello all,

New member with 8st to lose. Started on Asda measure up for the time being as I'd bought some and was just in the 'now I'm ready' zone to start it! Looking to move onto a VLCD - slim and save In a months time. The main reason for the transition is that although I've dieted before I have never done either VLCD or meal replacement and before I invest financially I want to make sure I'm invested mentally in this change of eating habits and measure up at £4 a tub is a lot cheaper and I'll be doin that twice a day with a low cal low carb meal for lunch. I've set a goal of next year but realistic I want to be happier and healthier each day! I've just started to realise how much weight has impacted on me socially without me being conscious of it.

Last edited:
Im on day 8 and have lost a stone :) very happy with that xx

Hayley Jane :) weight lost so far: 1stone

Welcome Victorian, chuffy and Clara hop onboard everyone is welcome. It's a bit hard to keep going at times however I have written a list of reasons why I want to lose the weight and I read it twice a day I set an alarm on my phone and read it also when I am tempted I have also added a lot of pics of before and afters and a pic of me at my heaviest.

I am struggling a bit as I have been on sns 6 days and have only lost 3lb at times it's hard to keep going but I keep telling myself that ad such low cals and the fact that I am in ketosis I MUST lose weight on this. I keep hoping it will just come off next week instead.

Keep on going girls x

Hi everyone, I'm starting tomorrow!! Good luck z

Hey all, I ordered some samples! I'm starting on the 15/16th as I am away with work at the end of the week so waiting until thats over with before I start :)

I will only have 2 weigh ins for July but I'm hoping to make the most of them!!

Hi everyone, well this is day two for me, yesterday wasn't too bad, i tried to keep busy and that helped me keep focus. I didn't have a good night sleep for some reason but already, my tummy has gone down and i don't feel as bloated! I have until 10th August to lose 1 stone although i'd like to lose more, losing this weight will make my holiday so much better and make me feel less conscious whilst swimming with my children. So fingers crossed!

Hope everyone has a good day

x

Hey all. Been a while since I've been on here. Started All about w8 last week but the packs are completely different to what I remember so I ordered a trial pack from slim & save and they are pretty good so far!
First week done as of this morning and 13.2lbs lost.
I'll be mixing the two plans together until I an out of all about w8 stuff and can't see me reordering (unless s&s' mac n cheese isn't on par with aaw8).
22st13lbs last week, 20st now. If the last time is anything to go by i'll hopefully be losing 4-5lbs per week.

My goal will be somewhere between 14-15 stone and will hopefully achieve that by the new year. (I'm 6'4" male btw!!)

Good luck to everyone!

Well done Ando you lucky thing. Just weighed in after my 1st week and a measly 4lb loss and I have been I ketosis since day 3. Not fair!

Back