July starters support post

Hi everyone

I've not been on this thread before but hope I can say hello as I started this week and am on Day 5. So far so good - haven't been tempted to cheat but am missing food a bit I must say and have woken up a few days feeling a bit hungry. Also finding it hard to drink lots - I've never been particularly good at drinking anyway, so I'm sending the bf out for a large bottle of Coke Zero this afternoon to see if that helps a bit. I won't rely on that, but it might motivate me to drink the odd extra glass here and there.

So far I am finding the diet good - had a bit of a nightmare with the revolting Porridge the other day, but have now worked out how to make it into a cookie, which is much more palatable!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGG way to go though, and still very early days, so just trying to take it one day at a time.

Helen x

Hi everyone

I've not been on this thread before but hope I can say hello as I started this week and am on Day 5. So far so good - haven't been tempted to cheat but am missing food a bit I must say and have woken up a few days feeling a bit hungry. Also finding it hard to drink lots - I've never been particularly good at drinking anyway, so I'm sending the bf out for a large bottle of Coke Zero this afternoon to see if that helps a bit. I won't rely on that, but it might motivate me to drink the odd extra glass here and there.

So far I am finding the diet good - had a bit of a nightmare with the revolting Porridge the other day, but have now worked out how to make it into a cookie, which is much more palatable!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGG way to go though, and still very early days, so just trying to take it one day at a time.

Helen x
Hi Helen welcome too the forum there are afew of us newbies on here, i am on day 6 not tried the porridge as not a fan of porridge in general, but i had a disaster with the mushroom pasta put too much water in and it was more like soup lol, but so far i,m liking most of the flavours not had a problem with the drinking as always drunk alt of water, but hope you get use too it as it is an important part of the diet stay intouch us newbies have too stick together and support each other x

Many like me are in the healthy range! I am 8 stone and only 5ft my goal weight has always been 7st which is mid to low Bmi but I am only in the healthy range due to doing vlcd coming down from 11.5 stone and very overweight! So don't judge on what you see :)
wasn,t judging anyone didn,t even notice your weights too be honest, was making an observation about vlcd being available online which can be dangerous as anyone can get hold of them, it is a great weigh for people like me who hate going too clubs but i do understand why they use too have too have gp approval before.

Ok :) I agree actually with the whole safety thing it's just a shame that then it becomes much new expensive!!

Ok :) I agree actually with the whole safety thing it's just a shame that then it becomes much new expensive!!
Oh i agree with that i was doing LL but its got crazy expensive i am so glad i found SS, i actually prefer it as well which is great, please don,t think i was judgingi wasn,t at all infact i am greatly motivated by stories like yours people that have got into a healthy weight loss through this diet keep up the good work xx:)

Hello! I started S&S a couple of days ago (was on Lipotrim years ago, which was very successful until I put it all on again 1.5 years ago thanks to a bout of depression!) and am feeling a bit grumpy, but couldn't really put it off any longer, as I've ballooned to a size 22/24 at only 5ft tall. :(

I know the first few days are the worst, so I'm just going to grit my teeth and get on with it! Pass the water and black coffee... :)

Even after all this time... I still find weekends the WORST!!! Lol....

Good luck over the weekend everyone!!! If you need it!!! Like me!!

X

Weekends are always my weakness last night was fine had my bar as a so called "treat" today has been a bit up and down I have had a shake at lunch and then this afternoon a few cola bottles and a few more!! Whoops!!!
And now having a BBQ to night with hubbie but having grilled chicken and corgette and then salad not going to have a pack as don't fancy one I will just have a bar for afters for a treat,
If I manage not to eat a bit of husbands sausage, pitta bread and new potato I will be doing well
Do any of you think this will affect the process weigh in is Monday and I've lost 10lbs already
Keep strong ladies (she says having a BBQ) xx

Just be carefull on your amounts... too much veg and definately potatoes will knock you out of ketosis.... making life SO much harder!!! Lol....

X

Even after all this time... I still find weekends the WORST!!! Lol....

Good luck over the weekend everyone!!! If you need it!!! Like me!!

X
OH i need it Dee....!!!:sigh:
I find weekends SO hard trying too stay strong hope it works keep drinking the water too keep me busy...!!

Hello! I started S&S a couple of days ago (was on Lipotrim years ago, which was very successful until I put it all on again 1.5 years ago thanks to a bout of depression!) and am feeling a bit grumpy, but couldn't really put it off any longer, as I've ballooned to a size 22/24 at only 5ft tall. :(

I know the first few days are the worst, so I'm just going to grit my teeth and get on with it! Pass the water and black coffee... :)
welcome Jenova i am on day 6 SSbut know how you feel I did LL afew years ago i lost 4st then got ill afew yrs ago and i have regained it all, so here i am on SS which is tough but i am enjoying all the packs so far good luck with your journey stay intouch us newbies are trying too support each other x

Hey everyone!

I'm also a newbie... Staying in for the first time for a long time on a Saturday to stay away from booze and food! This is a great thread!

I'm on Day 3... Was struggling earlier but now hitting nearly 10pm and knowing its time for bed I'm so happy I did another day!

Charl-young good luck for your first day tomo! I found it really hard the first day and though OMG how am I going to stick with this but each day gets a bit better. I also go on holiday in 5 weeks (23rd Aug) to Ibiza when do you go? I'm hoping to lose a stone in the 5 weeks (thinking to do 4 weeks then a week re-feed like someone suggested to you).

The food is delicious too!

Let me know how you get on I'll be on here regularly throughout the day.xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh no jst had three chocolate biscuits, today isn't going to go well I knew the weekend was going to be hard oh well going to go with the flow today and get back on it tomorrow disappointed with myself as not managed a full 100% week oh well x

Why not just get back on it now instead of having the whole day off, will reduce the damage!?

Well 1st weigh in and I'm 9.5lbs down from last week - I'm so happy it's such a great start for me. I didn't find this week too hard I had my moments though! Here is to another 100% week - I'm off to celebrate with my first pack of the day, a chocolate shake :)

I no you are right I'm going to try we are also going to a friends BBQ later I've got that in the back of my head, no your right I'm going to try and limit the damage I can do this
It has been that time of the month this week and this is the first time I have caved to temptation
Thanku for the pep talk x

Agreed get back on gun. Bbq is easy to stay on plan, don't waste the day Xx

Urgh I've just woken up feeling like a zombie and instead of having food I'm having some tea and a lemon bar. First day started. I'm pretty sure I got home at 3 and me and the bf had a shot contest with a bottle of vodka. How vile! I could do with a bacon sandwich but if I put it off I'll probably never start. So here goes!! X

Hey :) i started this month and am now on day 14 :) lost 10lb so far and have my second weigh in tomorrow, excited :)

Just completed Race for life!!!!! Very emotional day! Raised over £600 feel amazing!!!!!!!

Happy Sunday ladies!!!!!!!! Keep at it!!! X

Well done see I did it a few years ago for my mum! So very emotional know how your feeling!! You should be so proud £600 is amazing xx

Back