Jumping to JUDDD to get me to goal, and beyond!

Day 22 - DD

Hi All,

Well, today's DD is going to plan, as ever.

Didn't get round to posting again on Saturday after I'd reported on my breakfast and then had internet problems yesterday so that's why I wasn't on here. All I can say is that I was WELL over my TDEE for Saturday and probably over on Sunday too but not by as much. If I have a STS for tomorrow's weigh-in I'll be pleased but it's obvious that I am going to have to start counting calories on my UDs too if I'm ever going to shift any weight. By counting calories I mean sticking to my TDEE of 1895 calories as well as starting to exercise.

It's bound to be a massive adjustment, having the freedom to eat. If you're anything like me you'll be on a food re-bound, treating yourself to all those things you missed while on exante! And oh boy, my eyes are way to big for my belly! :eek: I used to use the my fitness pal app that counted calories - loved it. If you've got a bar code scanner you can even just scan in the product and boom! It tallies up calories and nutritional content. I could have died when I saw the calories in a domino's. :cry:

Good luck for tomorrow, will keep fingers and toes crossed for a drop for you!!

I agree with coffeemate, you have probably been on a vlcd rebound while on your up days, I imagine they will settle down as your mind gets used to the fact that you can have the food that you want on most days now xx

Good luck tomorrow Cate x

Day 23 - UD

207.6lbs this morning so 1.2lbs down. Not exactly setting the world alight but am OK with that, especially after the weekend I've just had of stuffing my face. Just goes to show that if I start getting some exercise in and stop topping up my UDs with sugary treats then 2lbs a week should be achievable and that would keep me on track for the 20 Week Christmas Challenge. Thinking about starting to weigh after every DD to see if this makes me more disciplined on my UDs. Might have to give that a try.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:
A loss is a loss! Well done Cate :) xx

Sitting here having a coffee and eating a bacon butty for breakfast and the Save the Children ad comes on. That's one way to kill an appetite. Anyway, they are asking for £2 a month to help starving children. This got me to thinking about how much money I have wasted my entire life buying food that my body didn't need and has resulted in nothing but unhappiness for me as a result of my weight. Obviously, I can afford to spend the money because I am buying the rubbish but wouldn't it be doing so much more good if this money was going to feed children who actually need feeding rather than adding to my weight issues? So, I am going to keep a fat box at home. Every time I go to buy something sugary/junky like cake, doughnuts, crisps, chocolate, sweets etc that is going to derail my diet I have a choice. Don't buy it but then put what I would have spent on the particular item or items into the fat box when I get home, or buy it and still have to put the equivalent amount of money into the fat box. Then make a donation to Save the Children at the end of every month with what I've collected. This should hopefully put me off buying rubbish to eat on my UDs which will help with my rate of weight loss and hopefully put some much needed food into the tummies of some very needy children. It will also be an interesting exercise to tot up exactly how much money I waste monthly on buying rubbish.

NB: this doesn't apply to meals out/special occasions or a few treats for James - I mean, I'm not penalising him for my mistakes - just the rubbish that I buy and consume out of habit and piggishness e.g. the odd cake, the boxes of doughnuts, the occasional chocolate bar grabbed when queuing to pay at the garage. It will apply though if I choose to have a latte when I'm out rather than an Americano I have to put the difference in the fat box.

You've thought that through! It's a good idea Cate, I'm that contrary though that if I did it I'd probably end up justifying myself having treats by thinking I'll also be helping Save the children!
Well done on the loss - its brill as you haven't denied yourself (well not completely, I know DD's are no picnic - literally!) and you have still lost weight as you say with a few tweaks you could easily make that 2 a week and be losing steadily and still enjoying your food. It's a great outcome. x

That's a great idea!

Well done for a good loss Cate :) I like your fat box plan xx

Those adverts really do bring it home to you don't they. The fat box is a lovely thought Cate. You get a few brownie points for that :bunnydance:.

Well done on the loss too xx

Your doing really well Cate. Exercise sounds like a good plan. I'm due an operation next month can't exercise until after that but will certainly join you after that x

Day 24 - DD

So today should have been a DD and it was up until tea time when I just went mad with pepperoni pizza and chocolate. So looks like it's going to be a damage limitation UD tomorrow, a DD Friday and yet more damage limitation over the weekend. Hey ho. :rolleyes:

Day 24 - DD

So today should have been a DD and it was up until tea time when I just went mad with pepperoni pizza and chocolate. So looks like it's going to be a damage limitation UD tomorrow, a DD Friday and yet more damage limitation over the weekend. Hey ho. :rolleyes:

I'd just have a reasonable UD tomorrow, normal DD on Friday and a normal weekend. So you only have 2 fasts this week...you'll still get a loss x It was only a part of a day off "plan". Chuck today over your shoulder and forget it :) x

Sitting here having a coffee and eating a bacon butty for breakfast and the Save the Children ad comes on. That's one way to kill an appetite. Anyway, they are asking for £2 a month to help starving children. This got me to thinking about how much money I have wasted my entire life buying food that my body didn't need and has resulted in nothing but unhappiness for me as a result of my weight. Obviously, I can afford to spend the money because I am buying the rubbish but wouldn't it be doing so much more good if this money was going to feed children who actually need feeding rather than adding to my weight issues? So, I am going to keep a fat box at home. Every time I go to buy something sugary/junky like cake, doughnuts, crisps, chocolate, sweets etc that is going to derail my diet I have a choice. Don't buy it but then put what I would have spent on the particular item or items into the fat box when I get home, or buy it and still have to put the equivalent amount of money into the fat box. Then make a donation to Save the Children at the end of every month with what I've collected. This should hopefully put me off buying rubbish to eat on my UDs which will help with my rate of weight loss and hopefully put some much needed food into the tummies of some very needy children. It will also be an interesting exercise to tot up exactly how much money I waste monthly on buying rubbish.

You are so, so right. My Achilles heel is the take away. In the two and bit months I've been doing this we've saved tonnes of cash. Ok, maybe not tonnes, I'm not exactly rolling in it, but you get the point. I have found plenty of other things to spend it on mind, but it's actually really added something to our lives. Rather than sitting on the sofa with a curry watching telly, we've used that money to go out, or see friends, buy things we've been meaning to for ages, or have people over etc. We've been so busy socially and partly that's cos we've got the money to be able to do it.

Loving the idea of having a 'curry cash pot' in the house.

Back