June Challenge

Going for 7 lbs, as I need 7 lbs only to get to my Main Goal :) Goodluck everyone...!!!

Lyndzi76 - 9lb (+2lb WTF?? 11lb to go)
So much to lose - 14lbs
SacredSilence - 14lbs (-5lbs / 9lbs to go)
gillianr - 14lbs
Maybe_Baby - 14lbs (from 05/06/10)
YummyMummy2b - 18lbs
MrsN - 14lbs (-2lb/12lb to go)
Leeds123 - 5lbs
Indianprincess - 20lbs
Agnes - 15lbs
Trisha - 10 lbs
Just Jools - 14lbs
EllieG - 18lbs
Dione - 14lb
Shrm26 - 16lbs
Cartwoman - 10lbs
Awaken Me - 14lbs (7lbs lost - 7lbs to go)
Soon to be yummy mummy - 16lbs (3lbs lost, 13lbs to go)
Zentje - 7 lbs

Well done girlies!

Can I join in?

I've lost 3lbs so far this month, so I'll go for 16lbs total in June.

Good luck girlies!!

So much to lose - 14lbs
gillianr - 14lbs
YummyMummy2b - 18lbs
Leeds123 - 5lbs
Indianprincess - 20lbs
Agnes - 15lbs
Trisha - 10 lbs
Just Jools - 14lbs
EllieG - 18lbs
Dione - 14lb
Shrm26 - 16lbs
Cartwoman - 10lbs

Yay, join in Yummy Mummy, sounds like you've had a good start to June :)

2lbs for me this week which take my BMI to 25 so I'm officially no longer overweight!! x :bliss:

So much to lose - 14lbs
gillianr - 14lbs
YummyMummy2b - 18lbs
Leeds123 - 5lbs
Indianprincess - 20lbs
Agnes - 15lbs
Trisha - 10 lbs
Just Jools - 14lbs (2lbs lost - 12lbs to go)
EllieG - 18lbs
Dione - 14lb
Shrm26 - 16lbs
Cartwoman - 10lbs
Zentje - 7 lbs

I'd like to try too but I have been trying to do this diet/any diet off and on now for about a year but going on holiday in July so would love to stick to it til then, don't know if I can tho TBH
But I'd like to lose 14lb by end June.

So much to lose - 14lbs

gillianr - 14lbs
YummyMummy2b - 18lbs
Leeds123 - 5lbs
Indianprincess - 20lbs
Agnes - 15lbs
Trisha - 10 lbs
EllieG - 18lbs
Dione - 14lb
Shrm26 - 16lbs
Cartwoman - 10lbs
Zentje - 7 lbs
Broxi - 14lb

So yesterday was Day 4 and I ate a couple of pieces of cold chicken, which my CDC says if you feel you really need to eat something is the best thing to choose. I also had a couple of glasses of slimline tonic.

Weighed myself before bed and weightloss was looking better than ever - yay I thought. Have woken up this morning and seem to have put 6lbs on overnight?!?!? Is this even possible?

Now worrying the chicken and slimline tonic have really screwed me over!! Am also taking antibiotics and experienced some side effects last night (aching arms and legs) so now worrying they're not helping me on SS either :(

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks girls xxxx

Hi Katybear,

I had terrible aching in my arms and legs from about day 4 on the diet and I wasn't on any antibiotics, so I think its the CWP rather than the tablets hun. There's a thread about it on here somewhere and the slimline tonic that you've been drinking is meant to help wonders so don't worry about that!! Its something to do with the high mineral content in the shakes......

In my first week on CWP I was weighing at home nearly every day and it made me so frustrated - I too went up and down (putting 5lbs overnight once! lol!) but by the end of my first week I weighed in and had lost 8.5lbs even though it was my totm and I was heavily constipated, and I had cheated and eaten an egg salad and a slice of quiche that week! So the chicken and tonic water would not have caused real weight gain hun! Stop weighing and just get yourself through the next few days and when you officially WI you'll feel amazing.

If you do need to eat try and stick to chicken salad (all green salad) or a tuna salad....my best tip is to try and make a "meal" of it and not grab a few bits of chicken as a snack - if you prepare yourself a proper plate of chicken salad and sit down to eat it slowly, it'll "feel" more like you've actually eaten and will keep you going better than a hurried snack will.

I did the first week SS'ing loosely then decided SS wasn't for me as I needed to "eat" so I SS+ now and love it. It's not even a step up the plan but it allows me to eat an evening meal (albeit a small one!) with my partner and little girl and I can still eat out at restaurants as most places do a green chicken salad and you just ask for the dressings on the side and don't use it/no dressings.

I don't know if its connected but I no longer get the awful leg achiness/cramps now I'm on SS+ either.

I only moved to SS+ because I was assured by my consultant that the weight loss is very similar....and I've found I love it and I can go to the gym on SS+ without feeling light headed.

Best of luck on your jouney and don't worry about the chicken and tonic water you'll have a fab loss on the scales I'm sure!

xxxx

Awww thanks Yummy Mummy! I have to say I weighed myself the next day and it all seemed to have disappeared so it was obviously some kind of weird blip on the scales.

Thanks for all your advice though and am going to stop weighing myself all the time I think and wait until official WI day.

Pleased to report the leg cramps have stopped too! Isn't it weird how that happens?! Freaked me out a bit I have to say.

Day 6 is going pretty well so far and it is just so FAB to have all the support on here, it is motivating me and helping me more than you know :)

Thanks again xxxx

Aww I'm glad the extra pounds and the cramps have gone away hun, just saw your stats and you havent got much to lose have you - you'll be at goal before you know it with SS!

I can't wait until I'm under 200lbs! lol! that's my first mini goal - only another 25lbs to go - hoping to do that before the end of July. Fingers crossed!! (In reality, I hope to have lost 20lbs by the end of June but think thats wishful thinking! lol!)

Good luck with your journey hun xx

In truth I have more to lose really but trying to be realistic - I lost a lot last year and have put quite a bit back on, so am trying to get back to where I was. One step forward and two steps back!

You'll soon be under 200lbs and 20 off by end of June is really do-able! You've done so well this far, we've just gotta focus :)

Thanks so much for your encouragement, it means so much, and good luck to you too - we CAN do it!

xxxx

Oooo yay!!!!! WELL DONE! See I told you the cheese wouldn't matter :) That is brilliant and very motivating! You go girl!

Day 1 went off pretty smoothly although when I was tidying up I unearthed a Chocolate Orange bar (which I love) and had to throw it in the bin and spend all night pretending it wasn't there! Resisted though which is good.

Watching Sex and the City 2 tonight with my girl friends so looking forward to that, no popcorn though ;)

You've inspired me to get through Day 2 Dione, thanks xxxx

Hi HUn,
Sorry i havent been on here, ive been so busy with the hubby working away and me trying to hold down a full time job as well as the kids lol.
How are you doing? hope you are ok?
I had a day off plan on Saturday as i was in London on a hen night. I wasnt that naughty to be quite honest and was straight back on plan on Sunday.
I am now on meidication for my thyroids as apparently they are way too low. Fortunately my Dr has agreed to let m e stay on CD (SS) for 2 weeks but i had to promise after 2 weeks i will start to go up the plans :( xxx

2lbs for me this week which take my BMI to 25 so I'm officially no longer overweight!! x :bliss:

So much to lose - 14lbs
gillianr - 14lbs
YummyMummy2b - 18lbs
Leeds123 - 5lbs
Indianprincess - 20lbs
Agnes - 15lbs
Trisha - 10 lbs
EllieG - 18lbs
Dione - 14lb
Shrm26 - 16lbs
Cartwoman - 10lbs
Zentje - 7 lbs

Hi HUn,

Does my 7lb loss count? xxx

Hi Guys,

Well i have been so busy since i was last on here. Hubby has been working away, i was away on Saturday for a hen night (1 night off plan) and had to see to the kids.

Even though i had a day off plan, i wasnt really that naughty with food. Dont get me wrong there were cocktails flying around during the day but by the evening i was on the water as id had enough of alcohol lol. I have been back on plan since sunday and feel ok. Monday was a bit of a struggle but other then that things seem to be fine.

I dont expect to lost this week though as TOTM and i always retain water.

I am also now on medication for my thyroids which is making me feel extremely dizzy and sick but the Dr told me this was to be expected for the 1st week but to keep an eye on it. He has agreed to let me stay on SS for 2 weeks on the condition i then start to move up the plans. He also said if my dizzyness doesnt improve then i may need a break from the diet :(

I am going to see how i go and take each day at a time but under no circumstances will i go any higher then 810 as i am determined to lose this weight :)

How is everyone else doing? Have i missed much? xxxx

3 lbs this week....5 lbs left to get to Goal :)

So much to lose - 14lbs

gillianr - 14lbs
YummyMummy2b - 18lbs
Leeds123 - 5lbs
Indianprincess - 20lbs
Agnes - 15lbs
Trisha - 10 lbs
EllieG - 18lbs
Dione - 14lb
Shrm26 - 16lbs
Cartwoman - 10lbs
Zentje - 7 lbs (3 lbs lost, 4 lbs left)

well done hun that is fantastic xxxxx

Dione - sounds like you've had a helluva week! Hope you're alright and thyroids not giving you any bother - although you want to stick with the diet your health comes first so take it easy :)

As for me, had my first WI of June Challenge and have lost 7lbs!!! Whoop, whoop!

My goal was 5lb so have exceeded that which is great, despite caving and eating a handful of jelly beans at a work event yesterday :( Just couldn't help myself! But I did stay on the water at the champagne reception, much to everyone's surprise! And you know what? It wasn't even that hard because it was my choice not to drink. Never thought I'd say that as I love my wine.

Hope everyone else is doing well. 9 days into June now, we can do it!

xxxx

My targets:

Week 1 - 5lbs (lost 7lbs, hurray :))
Week 2 - 4lbs
Week 3 - 3lbs (will be stepping up to 810 as starting training for a half marathon - yikes!)
Week 4 - 2 lbs
Total - 14lbs off in June

Dione - sounds like you've had a helluva week! Hope you're alright and thyroids not giving you any bother - although you want to stick with the diet your health comes first so take it easy :)

As for me, had my first WI of June Challenge and have lost 7lbs!!! Whoop, whoop!

My goal was 5lb so have exceeded that which is great, despite caving and eating a handful of jelly beans at a work event yesterday :( Just couldn't help myself! But I did stay on the water at the champagne reception, much to everyone's surprise! And you know what? It wasn't even that hard because it was my choice not to drink. Never thought I'd say that as I love my wine.

Hope everyone else is doing well. 9 days into June now, we can do it!

xxxx

My targets:

Week 1 - 5lbs (lost 7lbs, hurray :))
Week 2 - 4lbs
Week 3 - 3lbs (will be stepping up to 810 as starting training for a half marathon - yikes!)
Week 4 - 2 lbs
Total - 14lbs off in June

WOW 7lbs, well don hun that is fantastic :D:D
Dont worry about the jelly babies hun, its happened so just move on, im sure youll be fine :)

Thyroid meds are making me a bit dizzy and have to go to bed really early at the moment but then this is to be expected for a while. I know my health comes 1st but i cant give up now lol. I have WI tomorrow then I am planning to SS for 1 more week then up to 810 for 2 weeks then 1000 for 2 weeks. I am hoping to be at goal by then so have to maintain.

Hope you are having a good day today. Im TOTM so i am really craving carbs (i do every TOTM) but havent given in....yet lol xxx

WOW 7lbs, well don hun that is fantastic :D:D
Dont worry about the jelly babies hun, its happened so just move on, im sure youll be fine :)

Thyroid meds are making me a bit dizzy and have to go to bed really early at the moment but then this is to be expected for a while. I know my health comes 1st but i cant give up now lol. I have WI tomorrow then I am planning to SS for 1 more week then up to 810 for 2 weeks then 1000 for 2 weeks. I am hoping to be at goal by then so have to maintain.

Hope you are having a good day today. Im TOTM so i am really craving carbs (i do every TOTM) but havent given in....yet lol xxx

Argh, hate that on TOTM - I crave chocolate and sweet things, it's so awful isn't it! Don't give in though, you're fighting so hard, especially with being on these meds etc. Just make sure you're taking it easy and if you feel dizzy maybe eat a bit of cold chicken or something just to take the edge off.

At least going to bed early will stop you wanting to eat in the evenings :) Every cloud has a silver lining!!

Keep up the good work hon!

xxxx

i crave bread and crisps on TOTM grrrrrrr drives me mad, especially when i am cooking for the kids lol

Yeah glad i am going to bed early coz it doesnt give me time to think about food lol.

How long are you SSing for hun ? xx

Just SS-ing for one more week - have a dinner thing this Saturday which I've already planned for and going to order an 810 fish meal and driving so I don't drink!

Then it's two more weeks on 810 and moving up through the maintenance plans with a week on each. I need to step up pretty quickly as I've got this half marathon coming up in September and need to be eating enough to train properly. Hoping the extra calories will be balanced out by the extra exercise. Never ends does it!

So we'll be going up through the plans together by the sounds of it which is great :)

Don't think about the carbs, you don't want them really! And get hubby to make the kids dinner ;)

xxxx

I`ve never heard of Thyroid meds making you feel dizzy and sick? Is this a new thing? I sometimes get sicky feeling and dizzy (and sometimes shaky) and it feels awful (but sugar levels have been fine).

Good luck everyone for this weeks WI, I have my 2nd one tonight and am dreading it :(

Back