June Starters? Support Post!

I've come down with the lurgy this morning - sore and wheezy chest, but at least it explains why I felt so tired yesterday! Definately looking forward to the weekend, but I guess I'm a little wary that I'll go a bit crazy and/or not be able to get on track for refeeding.

It's great that the weight's coming back off so fast - you must be pleased :) Exercise is great for stress, both endorphin-wise and also just taking your mind off things. It's just that it's so easy to get absorbed in unproductively stressing out for hours - I should know, I've been there recently too. Getting out of the house and going for a good walk or run is often better than a DVD when stressed actually because it takes you out of the 'stress-sphere' haha. Maybe just go for a tiiiiiny walk, then come back and settle down to some TV ;) ? Definately keep starting the 30DS for when things are a little calmer though!

Aww no! Hope you feel better at the weekend!

Swimming with the kids this aft, so getting out of the house, might go strawberry picking too!

Feeling quite a bit better now - got antibiotics and dropped my immunosuppressant dosage to help my body fight off whatever infection I seem to be harbouring :) Roll on the weekend! I upped my carbs in preparation today - a small bowl of sugar free museli with my breakfast shake, then a digestive biscuit after lunch (it was really lovely, no regrets haha!). Going out for dinner with the BF tonight and won't go crazy, but will be eating slightly off plan - we're going to a sushi place so I'll have a few sushi rolls as well as the sashimi, plus a tiiiiiiny bit of sake to get myself ready for tomorrow (testing the waters?).

Bring on the munching.... in moderation of course ;)

How are you doing Hels? Other June starters too! Where are you? :p I return to the fold 4 lbs heavier as of weigh in this morning. However, I had a fabulous time - the food and drink may have been indulgent but I found myself just having a little of things (particularly the champagne, I was never a heavyweight drinker before... but now...instant tipsy time). I didn't say to myself not to have anything, I just had what I wanted and that didn't turn out to be too much - which is pretty confidence boosting :) I imagine the weight gain is just water and it'll probably hang around for a few days before going again, but feeling quite laid back about that. I'll be starting a refeed thread over the next few days to begin properly once those pesky pounds come back off!

Hey!
Sounds like you had a great weekend!! You will lose them 4lbs in no time!

I am not doing so well!! Its been a chaotic weekend, and have had a few drinks, eaten plenty and darent look at the scales. Im going to take it sensibly next week, and after the festival im back at it. Im about 9st 11lbs.........and I have to stop convincing myself thats ok.......I want my goal weight of 9st, so Ill plod on!

I think it's okay to take the occasional break even if it takes a little longer to come off - life isn't always going to be ideal, and even in maintenance I imagine we'll have good weeks but also occasional indulgent weekends or a bad week where a lot of naughty things get eaten.

I think learning to take off-plan times in your stride and then carry on with eating appropriately is an important transferable lesson I want to bring from the VLCD to lifetime maintaining - and that's my excuse ;)

Interestingly I gained 9lbs over the course of today - I hope that's only the amount of water I've been glugging haha! Had a shake this morning, then a chicken shish with lettuce & cucumber at lunch which was lovely and didn't seem oily at all so I'll just say that was my healthy protein meal. I think as long as the scales don't show an adverse effect I may have that as a 'treat' every weekend or every second weekend. Yum yum. Had a bar at about 5pm which I probably should have avoided seeing as I need to get back into ketosis, but it really hit the spot :) Need to grab a last shake soon, but tbh I'm feeling really full - wish I could skip it, but that's probably not a good idea.

Ill be back!! Just lots on and a bit stressed at the minute, but I WILL be bck at it very soon!!

9lbs??!!! Im sure that cant be right lovely, keep at it. Sorry I have been a bit useless and unsupportive!!

Don't worry - I hope everything's going okay for you and that the stressful period is over soon!

Not sure where the 9lbs came from haha. This morning I was still the same weight as yesterday morning, those extra 9lbs must have been water?! Or my scales going weird, either way a bit insane! Must remember not to weigh myself late in the day :)

Bring on tomorrow and hopefully a loss!

Weird scale action I think!! I bet it has gone by tomorrow! Stressing over a job interview which is silly I guess haha. Will all be done on Wednesday afternoon!

Well I'm 2lbs down from my post-days off weight, which is 2lbs above the weight I was on Thursday before coming off plan. TOTM is on it's way so feeling tres bloated, and probably is why it's not all come back off yet - I'm expecting a few days of non-movement until it's over.

Had a bit of an awkward off-plan day yesterday which may also be part of the problem ;) I had a bar before I went for an early morning row, but then found I had left my shake in the kitchen and not brought it with me! Not enough time to go home and get it, so I showered and changed for work at the clubhouse. I thought virtuously that I would just wait until lunch, have my chicken salad and then hold out until I got home. No such luck haha. I was really knackered and ended up having my emergency Atkins bar I bought the other week to keep in my handbag. Two bars? Yes that's right - two bars :( Plus it was a horrible bar really, I wouldn't buy the 'Chocolate Decadence' Atkins bar again - maybe it's just that I'm not a massive chocolate fan, but it tasted really heavy and artificial blergh.

Hey hun!

I admire you so much, you have done so well and even now at the end you are so dedicated! WOW!

I had my interview (and got it yayyyy!!) so Im back out of stress mode, festival tomorrow, then Ill be back kicking ass!!! I wont be drinking at the festival as I will have the kids, and the food there will be v expensive so I wont be eating much lol!

Aww, thank you :heartpump:- I think my dedication probably stems from the fact that I'm a bit obsessive about achieving goals haha! Plus after all the effort, it'd be such a shame to fall off track so I'm keeping myself firmly in check ;)

That's so great you got the job, and it must be such a load off your mind! Phew! You're probably right about the expensive food - always a good detractor from going wild on the food front. Is it today you're back on track now?

I've been on-plan until yesterday when I didn't quite manage full packs +protein schedule. I spent 8.40am-5pm at the hospital for a routine appointment at the infusion clinic and as always didn't feel great so really had to work at eating my packs. I had a chocolate shake before I went, and then had forced down a strawberry shake sipped slowly in two parts - half early afternoon, half two hours later (hurrah for patient kitchen and my lack of shame about bringing my blender with me lol) but couldn't get up the energy or inclination to have any more however much I know I should have.

Came home and slept, still couldn't be bothered. Managed one chocolate wafer and a small cup of milk at around 8pm. Probably a bit low on calories and protein and vitamins etc etc - but sometimes you just have to go with the flow, plus I was reaaaally inactive so it probably works out.

Feeling fine again today if a little lethargic still, so will have 3 packs + protein and maybe add in some extra on the protein side in case there's an energy deficit from yesterday :) Haven't weighed myself this morning as don't want to feel 'rewarded' for unhealthy undereating, but was 8st 10.4lb yesterday morning so will be putting up my section in refeed this weekend - how exciting! So many ideas eek!

Heyyyy...........Wow refeed, go you! Im not back on packs yet, seem to be lurking around the 10st 1lb mark, so a stone to go, but another excuse is I had this week off again so been sooo busy, Im starting to cut down, and back at work tuesday so will be better. Not sure if I should go back on the shakes with a stone to lose?? Technically I shouldnt, should I? Maybe its time to pull my self together and eat less move more? My new job is near my gym and hubby is home in a few weeks for the winter (yay!) So will get time to go!

Exercise is great, and getting active will be great preparation for maintenance :) I stayed on packs + protein until goal, but I imagine if you stick to lean protein, veggies and a little complex carbs that last bit will still shift off pretty quickly - plus then all you have to do is up the calories at goal until you stabilise (plus playing around with nutritional composition and food group percentages I guess).

You could do something really basic like:

Breakfast options - Scrambled eggs and/or turkey bacon and low fat yoghurt with berries (probably best for weekends), Muesli + berries (see my refeed thread for the high protein brand I'm using - really gorgeous stuff) or a shake if you're low on time in the mornings.

Lunch - Salad + protein options keeps it simple but there's so many variations on this theme.

Supper - Protein + veggies + maybe 40-50 grams of wholegrain carbs? Yoghurt + fruit for dessert.

Still nice and low calorie, high in protein and not shake-driven. Drink lots of water, eat high (and lean) protein snacks and you should be set :) Then you can up carbs+fats once you hit the weight you want to be?

Yes, this is what I was thinking along the lines of, think I would do ok like this.
Check out your BMI, whoooop! Well done you!!!!

Hehe - I hardly believe it even when I see it on the scales. Feeling really positive though :) How're things going since you last posted - are you back on sole source or doing semi-refeed?

Im just plodding along, not gaining and not loosing. I need to make my mind up which way Im going I guess!!!

Back