June Starters? Support Post!

Go for it!!!!

Well I have munchies, had a shitty day, and want a beer and some crisps, however Im going to have some boiled cabbage. Whoop. lol.
I have to stick with it, I go on hols 3 weeks today, I know that a stone in 3 weeks in unreal, but Ill give all I have!!!!!

hels123smiles said:
Go for it!!!!

Well I have munchies, had a shitty day, and want a beer and some crisps, however Im going to have some boiled cabbage. Whoop. lol.
I have to stick with it, I go on hols 3 weeks today, I know that a stone in 3 weeks in unreal, but Ill give all I have!!!!!

That's the spirit! We just have to stay motivated every day! I'm ok coz I've had my tea so I'm doing ok, might go to bed soon, I havnt hardly stepped into the kitchen, the first 4 days are so hard so I stay out of temptations way lol.

The cabbage was yum TBF! I did add a teeeny bit of butter which shouldnt affect ketosis, but yep, LJ bed sounds the best option..........I think its a brush teeth and watch footy in bed kinda night!

You have done great so far, keep at it!! Well Done!

Hadn't thought of freezing a shake. Do they taste good frozen?

Surviving here, just. Had the munchies after a late eve at the office and went to the supermarket near the office on my way home. I've tended more recently to find going there a bit of a trigger - buying some munchables for the long car journey (1.5-2 hours drive each way). But today for some reason, without stressing about it, I bought a pack of spinach, rocket and watercress salad, some coke zero and dr pepper zero and some mushrooms! Go me! really proud of that, actually.

Sounds like everyone's doing really well. Do you know, I thought of you all when I was coming out of the supermarket, and thought how fab it is to have somewhere to vent and a way of not feeling alone on this plan. Feeling understood is really really great. Especially when you've spent a LOT of your life struggling up and down with your weight.

Hadn't thought of freezing a shake. Do they taste good frozen?

Surviving here, just. Had the munchies after a late eve at the office and went to the supermarket near the office on my way home. I've tended more recently to find going there a bit of a trigger - buying some munchables for the long car journey (1.5-2 hours drive each way). But today for some reason, without stressing about it, I bought a pack of spinach, rocket and watercress salad, some coke zero and dr pepper zero and some mushrooms! Go me! really proud of that, actually.

Sounds like everyone's doing really well. Do you know, I thought of you all when I was coming out of the supermarket, and thought how fab it is to have somewhere to vent and a way of not feeling alone on this plan. Feeling understood is really really great. Especially when you've spent a LOT of your life struggling up and down with your weight.

WOW that is great will power, well done you! Im a nightmare for grabbing 'munchie' food, also getting petrol always included a bar of chocolate, not any more, or ever again!!!! the kids got in to the habit too, soon as we pulled in to the petrol station they were all excited about getting some sweeties! Im am determined to do it for them...............Im even going to enter them Mums race at school next week :)

Yeh they were ok frozen, I just tipped half a shake in a ramekin, and still had half to drink, it was not very ice cream ish but pretty satisfying!!

Right, an early night, catch you all tomorrow for a gossip! :) xx

Well done for staying strong everyone! Spanglymum - that's really impressive, I hope I can be that strong next time I pop into the newsagents :)

Watched that programme 'The Men Who Made Us Fat' this evening on catch-up and feeling full of willpower as regards keeping this weight off!

I'm at the end of day 3. Goin to be tricky tomorrow as out all day with no cooking facilities, but I'll cope. Husband has offered to pay for me to go to boot camp so just waiting to get dates and see if any friends want to go.
Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!
xx

Bit depressed this morning - got on the scales and I'm actually 0.8lbs up from the beginning of the week despite being 100%! Oh well, better carry on though - maybe I'm just at a bit of a sticking point that I need to get over?

LucySera said:
Bit depressed this morning - got on the scales and I'm actually 0.8lbs up from the beginning of the week despite being 100%! Oh well, better carry on though - maybe I'm just at a bit of a sticking point that I need to get over?

Have you been to the toilet? Scales can be upsetting so try to leave it to once a week..... She says when I am desperate to jump on mine! X

Hi everyone day 18 for me and still going strong!

Glad to see everyone is doing so well other than little mistakes ;) at least everyone is still here!

Right on with the day....

Em x

Ah hun, As you know one day you may gain, the next you lose it and more. It will shift.!!

Im fed up too........I just had a full look in the mirror. ohhh god. Im dreading holiday, I even have cellulite on my arms. i disgust myself. Even though Im 10 stone I look vile.
I need this image to spur me on!

Wow. I wish I was ten stone!! We do give ourselves a hard time, don't we? emmame - 18 days is great! You must be really in the zone! Lucysera, could it be water retention? I used to be a daily weigher, but am currently a not-weighing-at-all-er as I'm in seeeeeeeerious denial! Try not to focus too much on the tiny gain. Bear in mind that a litre of water weighs a kilo (unless I'm remembering my physics from school all wrong!)

Well... I'm on day five and doing ok. Hoping I can stick to it this time! Meeting a friend tomorrow at lunchtime who's very sceptical about diets in general (he's naturally skinny and always has been. I've known him for over 20 years so he's seen my weight ups and downs loads of times). Not looking forward to saying I'm just having a coffee lol but I'm worth it so I will do this!! (btw in case he comes across as judgemental, he isn't. He's more concerned really. He couldn't understand why I wanted to do LL at first because I 'didn't need to lose any weight'. At 16 stone!! Bless him. Probably more embarrassing for me than anything else to have to admit to gaining a few pounds.

Last edited:
It could be water retention I suppose - in that respect it could either be TOTM as it hasn't turned up, or my body retaining water in the heat (denial)? I'm having chicken rather than quark tonight just in case that's the cause, though I doubt it somewhat. In the end though it's probably just a random fluctuation and I'll have a proper whoosh kind of loss soon enough :)

I've only got a stone (and 0.8lbs haha) to go until my goalweight so I shall just take these things in my stride and not fall off the wagon... or so goes today's internal mantra ;)

Spangly - you can definately stick to it! While your friend might be concerned, it sounds like it's out of kindness and it's good to have people who care :) Enjoy your coffee but stay strong. Men are such darlings, they're never nearly as bothered by our weight as we are ourselves lol!

Same weight again this morning. Never mind, at least no gain. Actually I feel a bit bloated today so definately think there's some water retention going on - which is actually quite comforting, more comforting than fat! I've got some research to do today which will keep me in for most of the afternoon, but I think I'm going to go on a long stroll this morning - it's easier to do gentle exercise in the nice weather (although more intense activity can be a different story!).

Day god knows!

I have been so good today....a day at the coast, no F+C, Ice cream or Thai take away for me! I was very good, ending the day with a lemon bar and a cuppa!

I have tummy ache, have been on codeine the last day or two cos of joint pain, and its horrible!!

Ohhh and my WI today was good. I was 10st0.5lbs. SO from monday I have lost 4lbs......althought 3lbs were losing what Id gained, but hey!!!

I'm in week 6 but feeling dreadful today, think I've caught bug off the kids. So I'm having a day off and just hoping I don't gain too much! x

I'm in week 6 but feeling dreadful today, think I've caught bug off the kids. So I'm having a day off and just hoping I don't gain too much! x

Aw bless ya hope you feel better soon! Try and avoid the carbs!

I have had my DH home......I only see him every month or so! I made roast pork dinner, and I let my hair down, had some pork with cabbage and brocolli, lol whoooo!!!!!

Back