June Starters? Support Post!

Was down 0.2lbs this morning - any loss is a good loss? Been really active today and my muscles ache, but feeling good too. I had porridge for breakfast, some turkey mince and salad greens for lunch and a chocolate shake at about 4.30pm. Gearing up for spag bol at 7.30pm - can't wait!

Was down 0.2lbs this morning - any loss is a good loss? Been really active today and my muscles ache, but feeling good too. I had porridge for breakfast, some turkey mince and salad greens for lunch and a chocolate shake at about 4.30pm. Gearing up for spag bol at 7.30pm - can't wait!

Good going hun. You have done great. what did you do with your turkey mince?

I used a few sprays of 1cal frylight to brown the mince a little, then added some water before it started to stick since it was very lean. Sprinkled a little paprika, cumin, black pepper, onion powder, oregano and mild powdered chilli to the mince whilst it cooked in the broth and stirred - then took the mince off the heat once the liquid was almost entirely reduced down. Absolutely gorgeous - very flavourful.

Hi, can someone please help me.

Been on slim & save for two weeks to notice tonight that The website mentions eating veg. I am doing 4 Vlcd packs a day. The same as what I was doing on Lighter Life.
Should I have veg with 4 packs, I am averaging at 490cals a day which seems low.

Please can someone help me. I am feeling really tiered and wonder if it's due to not having enough calories. Did not feel like this on LL. I have lost 4 stone 2 lbs so for. Got 2 stone to go.

Thanks x

Whitehills2007 said:
Hi, can someone please help me.

Been on slim & save for two weeks to notice tonight that The website mentions eating veg. I am doing 4 Vlcd packs a day. The same as what I was doing on Lighter Life.
Should I have veg with 4 packs, I am averaging at 490cals a day which seems low.

Please can someone help me. I am feeling really tiered and wonder if it's due to not having enough calories. Did not feel like this on LL. I have lost 4 stone 2 lbs so for. Got 2 stone to go.

Thanks x

You dont have to have the veg or the milk-it's entirely optional! I very rarely have the veg, and never have the milk!
I'm tired all the time too, so have started taking vitamins even with 4packs as someone said I was looking pale, and possibly a bit anaemic-haven't been sleeping properly so that's probably why I'm pale :(

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

I know it's the last day of June so I'm sure there'll be a July thread that I should probably join. I'm a slim and save restarter! First day tomorrow!!! Fingers crossed and good luck all xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the reply.

It's been worrying me all night. I feel shattered also very pale.

I have noticed my hair shedding a bit as well. been on VLCD for 4 months now.

Have you found this.
M x

Whitehills2007 said:
Thanks for the reply.

It's been worrying me all night. I feel shattered also very pale.

I have noticed my hair shedding a bit as well. been on VLCD for 4 months now.

Have you found this.
M x

The tiredness yes, but not my hair-altho I know others have! They suggest taking silica complex to help

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

I felt very energised during my vlcd but did lose hair. I have fairly thick hair and during my last vlcd it began to shed a lot. I went to a hair clinic and my docs and checked on this forum as i was so worried! BUT it began to grow back when I started eating normal food. I also massage rosemary oil mixed with olive oil into my scalp a few hours before washing it as its meant to stimulate the follicles and I also take supplements such as biotin and gotu kola. Don't worry, it's temporary hun xx

I know it's the last day of June so I'm sure there'll be a July thread that I should probably join. I'm a slim and save restarter! First day tomorrow!!! Fingers crossed and good luck all xxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe you could come between the june and july :) Welcome and good luck!

Gahhh, I gained a lb after eating a bit much roast pork!! Ah well Im still in Ketosis so it should vamooooosh quickly (or it had better!!!) tho to be honest, I had codeine a few days ago and had no toilet activity for 3 days now (TMI!!?)

Im feeling good, Im way past day 10, and this was my last shot at VLCD as I kept starting then failing and having a week or two off then starting again. Not good at all. How ever im in my 4th week now, with another 2 to go before holidays, I will get straight back on S&S when Im back to get rid of any holiday weight and to get to target.

You're doing so well Hels! That lb will be off in no time too :) It's all about getting into the right mindset and you're obviously securely there again.

Welcome back Sia and good luck with the restart! Just post here and July - you'll get the best of both worlds!

I'm finally down a lb this morning - so happy to finally see proper movement! I'm now 9st 11.6, less than a stone to go until goal :)

Wow, Lucy. What BMI will you be at goal? I'm only an inch taller than you and am trying - and failing - to get to 10 stone! Wish I had your resolve!!

Thanks! My BMI will be 20.01 - so sayeth the NHS calculator. In the lower half of normal but still at a healthy weight which is good! Before gaining all the weight suddenly about a year and a half ago, I actually weighed a bit less than my goal - but I think I'll be very healthy and happy at 8st 12 so no wish to maintain any lower than that. I think your goal weight sounds a good one and you're doing really well - keep positive and you'll hit 10 stone in no time :)

This last stone isn't necessarily a struggle in the respect that I'm hungry, but it's coming off very slowly now I'm so near goal which is a little frustrating at times! I almost miss being heavier and having bigger losses ;) Almost. I think I'm able to stick with it because the end is in sight (although when the VLCD ends, refeed and healthy eating commences).

LucySera said:
You're doing so well Hels! That lb will be off in no time too :) It's all about getting into the right mindset and you're obviously securely there again.

Welcome back Sia and good luck with the restart! Just post here and July - you'll get the best of both worlds!

I'm finally down a lb this morning - so happy to finally see proper movement! I'm now 9st 11.6, less than a stone to go until goal :)

Hels you keeps going, thats the main thing. Before you know it you will be where you want to be.

Well done LucySera that's fab!

I'm finding this hard ATM since my slip on Saturday. Weigh in tomorrow and I'm not expecting a loss :(

Em x

Hels you keeps going, thats the main thing. Before you know it you will be where you want to be.

Well done LucySera that's fab!

I'm finding this hard ATM since my slip on Saturday. Weigh in tomorrow and I'm not expecting a loss :(

Em x

Good Luck hun! Even if you dont get a loss, next week is another week, stick at it!!!!

YAY good going hun!!! You have done great xx

I bought a bikini this afternoon :eek: i look grim but dont care!!

Boooo!

Back