Jupiter's Diary

LOL Joops, you women honestly :D Morning :wavey:

Best comeback ever :D

Oh yeah! :cool: :D

Yay me! :D

Anyhooo.....
Good day at work today and this evening went out on a retirement do with a colleague. Was very good food wise and a bit naughty on the wine front but hey ho! had a really enjoyable evening and then came down to earth with a bump when I got home....

I have a 14 year old stepson who lives close by and for the last year at least he has been getting into trouble at school and has endless detentions. I came home to my husband telling me about his latest discussions with the boys mother and how they are going to deal with it. To me it was the same tactics that have been used already and they haven't worked. i offered some alternative and maybe slightly stricter solutions and now I'm in the dog house for being negative and unsupportive! They were only suggestions and I feel a little upset that now he is suggesting that in future he doesn't discuss his children with me! Despite the fact that they influence EVERYTHING I do in life! Do i just agree to with all his ideas just to keep the peace? That's just not me!! I wish we could just discuss, share different opinions and ultimately find a plan of action. Blimey, step parenting is HARD!

Sorry to burden you all with this but writing it down is very helpful.
Have a good night everyone and thanks for being there ;)

Difficult situation, Joop. I'm not a parent myself (One day I hope) but I come from a huge family and most of the rows within it are when people have different opinions on parenting. But your stepson is part of your life too and you do deserve a say, sometimes the view of someone who can take a step back is really useful. Hopefully after its slept on people might be able to realise that?

Hope tomorrow is better xx

Morning joops.

It is difficult love, I'd keep out of it for a bit myself

Morning Jim

Think you could be right there. It's hard not to offer your opinion when the situation has a direct impact on your life on a daily basis but maybe keeping my gob shut might be better in the long term!

Oh I know love, it must be very frustrating for you.

Hi Joop, hope you are having a better day :)

Morning Joops love

Morning Joops :)

Morning Jim
Morning Kat1e
Morning one and all!
Had a great fun night out last night in an Italian restaurant with a brilliant Elvis impersonator! Such a laugh and an Atkins friendly menu to boot! Not sure the vast quantity of wine I consumed was so friendly but I like to think I danced most of that off! :)
Hope everyone is having a good day! X

Sounds like a great night out - and yes of course dancing burns the wine off :D!

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update before I head off on my night shift.
Highlight of the week for me.....we have a new LIDL store opened within walking distance of my house :D
Always been a big big fan of Lidl but the nearest one was a 20 min drive away so didn't get there as much as I would have liked - not anymore, it shall now be my first choice everytime.
They even have a special offer on pork scratchings - really nice ones with NO MSG, just nice cooked and salted pork rind/fat, lovely!

Another nice surprise yesterday.....my auntie and uncle have booked a villas holiday in Lanzarote for the first week in September and have invited us to join them free of charge! And if that wasn't enough my mum and dad have offered to pay the flight for my birthday :)
Am so excited! The resort looks beautiful and that is 6 months to get myself looking gooooood for the beach.

Back