Just cruising

adelight

Hi all! I've just completed three days in attack and am now embarking on the cruise phase of dukan, apparently for 51 days but we'll see how long it takes!
I'm a student in London, not overweight but I put on weight over the summer while working long hours in an office and living with a slug, so I'm hoping to lose that fat and gain some healthier habits.

My "dukan weight" is 115lbs which I feel may be too little for me, but we'll see how I feel when I get close to that!

Any advice is more than welcome, I'm very new to Dukan and haven't spoken to anyone who has followed the diet yet.

My food budget is somewhat limited so I may be bending the rules at times, eating more dark chicken meat etc :eek:

hi hun welcome
Wouldnt worry about the budget . alot of us our and mr egg is our cheap friend !!! hopefully when you get the hang over cooking with the oatbran the muffins ect will fill you up

Today is my first day in cruise, also the day before I go home for christmas so I'm using up the last of the food in the house.

b egg + 1 white, bacon medallion, 0.5oz cheddar, tin toms
l dukan pancake, 1oz cashews
d chicken leg, cup broccoli, tin toms
s 3oz cottage cheese, 2oz half fat camembert

The half fat camembert is 11g fat and 22g protein per 100g, very tasty

Hi there and welcome. What a time of year to be starting this!!

I don't think you should be having the bacon (too salty) or the camembert and definitely not the cashews or the cheddar!

Sorry

Welcome to the forum, you'll find loads of good advice and feedback here.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I would agree with mouse - bacon, nuts and cheese (of the cheddar and camembert varieties) definitely not allowed. You should be ok with the cottage cheese if it's fat free

Are your tins of tomatoes the half size ones? I'd be careful with those too as they can have a lot of carbs in them.

Have you read the book?

Hi! Thanks for the replies, I've started on the book but not got too far :eek: I've seen fatless bacon listed in meal plans/websites as okay, but is it actually a no-go? This variety has 4.6g protein, 0.4g fat, 0.3mg sodium per piece so I thought it would be comparable to chicken and okay :confused:

I knew the cheddar/cashews were definitely bad, but just trying to use up what's left in the fridge and won't be purchasing any fat cheese again.

I have 1/4 of a 400g tin at a time(4g carbs), sorry for being so vague.

Tomorrow morning I'll eat my last egg with 6oz cottage cheese before I get my train, then i can go food shopping for good stuff :D

Good job I don't have to eat all the food in the cupboards :) Are you going to be well looked after at home?
I want to turn the fridge off while I'm away so need it bare lol.
I'll go shopping for extra quark and oatbran, but my family only eat lean meat and there's always lots of cottage cheese/spread and veg around as some of my family are on weight watchers. Hopefully it will be an easy 10 days :)

Well have a good break! I still can't believe you have started so close to Christmas!!

Maybe you will convert the rest of the family when they see all the scrummy things you can make with your oatbran.

Getting ready to head home, not looking forward to getting four trains which are all delayed/amended but it's got to be done!

For breakfast I had a boiled egg with 5oz cottage cheese and a tblsp of tinned toms.
If I find myself in a station with a supermarket, i'll try to get some cottage cheese(got cutlery ith me haha), if not I'll eat when I get home at 3/4ish.

Hey, I actually quite enjoyed attack, I really wanted to get on and start the dukan diet so I was too motivated to miss vegetables for three days.

I had a two hour wait in the cold at watford as trains were cancelled, too full, delayed... finally got home and had a nice hot cup of green tea and about 5oz of lean beef left overs!
Dinner will be 3oz lean minced beef with carrots and green beans, though I'm not hungry after all the beef. My Dad is wafting wine in front of my face but I'm resisting! Maybe if I make it to xmas day I'll have a glass of whiskey :)

I didn't pick up any oatbran today as I just wanted to get home :mad: Haven't had any today, hopefully get out and find some tomorrow or I'll sub it with oats and psyllium husk.

didn't sleep well at all, hoping to tire myself out today with lots of work and snow shovelling.
made my egg and mackerel into a delicious omelette with tobasco and pepper at ~7am and still feel full :) i'm trying to avoid bored-munching as i know i fall foul to that when at my parents.

lol bored munchings remember them well they are my downfall once in ketosis you shouldnt get them

With the bacon I would have it if you really want it, but it would be something to cut out if you weren't losing (because of the high salt content).

I didn't pick up any oatbran today as I just wanted to get home :mad: Haven't had any today, hopefully get out and find some tomorrow or I'll sub it with oats and psyllium husk.

Don't use oats - there are too many carbs there. Taking psyllium husks is fine i think, and should fill you up and assist with 'transit' as it acts in a similar way to oatbran. Get some oatbran as soon as you can! You'll really notice a difference when you start including that.

Don't use oats - there are too many carbs there. Taking psyllium husks is fine i think, and should fill you up and assist with 'transit' as it acts in a similar way to oatbran. Get some oatbran as soon as you can! You'll really notice a difference when you start including that.
seriously? the difference in carbs between 2 tablespoons of wholegrain oats and oatbran is less than 1g and wholegrain oats actually have oat bran in(on) them.

have a good christmas

Back